Dances With Wolves Reviews

• Sep 04, 2022

One of the best films Ihave ever seen. Kostner as an actor and director is superb

• Aug 31, 2022

An amazing spectacle to behold. With a great performance from Kevin Costner and great directing from Kevin Costner. And not only that but it's filled with a beautiful instrumental score, great editing, great production values, great writing and beautiful landscapes and cinematography. I recommend the extended version which is the version I saw. But still check it out. It's a great experience to behold.

• Aug 27, 2022

1ya- Endearingly epic in scale and attitude, this is a rare western that gives time to truly focus and honor native Americans, something that Costner does with great care in front of and behind the camera.

• Aug 01, 2022

Absolute gem. Must see film.

Absolute gem. Must see film.

• Jul 16, 2022

If there is a movie that respects Native American culture, it's Dances with Wolves, and for being a three hour long film, it certainly feels like an hour long film. The pace is great, and my lord is the score fantastic. Considering the last western film to win a oscar before "Dances with Wolves" came out in 1931, this film is under-rated and needs more representation in the media, and everyone needs to see this film.

• Jul 06, 2022

This was a LONG movie, I saw the 4 h one. Whoa. But it was an experience, a slow tv-movie experience kinda. Incredible acting, staging and interesting. All the dead animals was absolutely heart breaking. But I will never ever watch it again, haha.

• Apr 12, 2022

- Extended Edition - 234min - Amazon Prime UK - I must have seen this before, but couldn't remember it. It is an epic story in more ways than one. Truly beautiful in score and scenery, the story is mesmerically narrated by the main character (KC), who becomes more compassionate and understanding of the Sioux Indians as his life intertwines with theirs with the passing of time. Renouncing his life as a US soldier, he devotes himself to the protection of his assumed people (the Sioux). The story shows levity, compassion, beauty, peace and grace, as well as dealing a little with some of the more vulgar and barbaric traits we have. It ends with a lot of questions unanswered, though it also leaves us with the understanding that those we've come to care about are alive to continue on their journey. Well worth your time… it's amazing how truly artfully delivered, mammoth movies can feel like a more traditional feature length title when they are as engaging as this is. That's what good writing will do for a movie! Watching this some 32 years after its initial release, it is also amazing how well it stands up to films of the current day

• Mar 17, 2022

Along with Edward Scissorhands and Goodfellas, Dances with Wolves is one of my favourites of 1990. It is a wonderful film, and a marvel from beginning to end. I am not a Kevin Costner basher, he has done some work I don't care for, but this and a few others(Field of Dreams for instance) actually does show he has talent. He does do a heartfelt job directing, and his acting isn't too shabby either, in fact he gives a certain decency to Dunbar which I had difficulty not empathising with. He is very well supported by Graheme Greene and Mary McDonell who is especially brilliant. The cinematography and scenery are just magnificent, while John Barry's score is nothing short of amazing. The moving climax gives further emotional weight to an already poignant story, while the script is wholly credible and the characters feel real. In conclusion, a fine film and I had no problem with its Best Picture win. 10/10 Bethany Cox

• Mar 12, 2022

Long, slow and sappy. A bit anti-American.

Long, slow and sappy. A bit anti-American.

• Jan 22, 2022