Darkman Reviews

• 2d ago

Lacks somewhat in character building for what is its central character and few others around him but the action sequences and their execution carry the movie well.

• Oct 29, 2020

I LOVE this movie. I have seen a few of Sam Raimi's movies and this is very good. I actually did not hear about this one but I was on eBay looking for movie poster and seen a poster for it saying "Who is Darkman" so I looked it up and it had Liam Neeson so I rented it from my library and it was so good. So I bought it on blu ray a few months later.

• Oct 18, 2020

Meh . The action seems we’re very good . I won’t hold outdated special effects against older movies, but they tried to do way to much while seemingly not knowing exact how to handle it . Older movies with a better producing crew worked with much less and made it look much better 2.2

• Oct 07, 2020

Sam ramis first take on a comic book character. It's weird that people don't know that this is ramis first comic book movie. People always think it's Spider-Man but nope it's Darkman. And it really shows. This is a average movie. It looks and feels like a 90s comic book superhero movie but it fails to have any lovable likable characters. They're all mostly just one dimensional characters expect for Liam nesson as darkman. He looks cool but personality wise I didn't care so much. Maybe if they casted Bruce Campbell aka ash from evil dead as darkman it would've been a fun time at the movies but they took the serious route. And that's a shame. This movie could've been like evil dead as cult classics but sadly with the not so good casting for the main role this is another forgettable comic book movie.

• Oct 07, 2020

Sam ramis first take on a comic book character. It’s weird that people don’t know that this is ramis first comic book movie. People always think it’s Spider-Man but nope it’s Darkman. And it really shows. This is a average movie. It looks and feels like a 90s comic book superhero movie but it fails to have any lovable likable characters. They’re all mostly just one dimensional characters expect for Liam nesson as darkman. He looks cool but personality wise I didn’t care so much. Maybe if they casted Bruce Campbell aka ash from evil dead as darkman it would’ve been a fun time at the movies but they took the serious route. And that’s a shame. This movie could’ve been like evil dead as cult classics but sadly with the not so good casting for the main role this is another forgettable comic book movie.

• Jul 25, 2020

Sam Raimi, can you please make another "superhero film" like this again? Sincerely, me. In a nutshell, it's a pretty great film. Too bad the sequels didn't follow suit

• Jun 04, 2020

This sometimes over-the-top superhero fantasy has all the markings of fun entertainment.

• Apr 27, 2020

I thought I was going to get a dark gritty revenge filled serious film but what I watched was a silly cheesy laughable cringe fest. Disappointed to say the least.

• Apr 12, 2020

What type of movie is Darkman meant to be? A superhero movie? A romantic drama? A horror-comedy? And did it even warrant an R-rating? There are only 2 f-bombs in the entire movie. And violence-wise, we never see anything gory...not even the aftermath. And before you point out the scary disfigured-makeup job, The Dark Knight still got to keep a PG-13 rating despite having a creepy-looking Two-Face in the third act. Then again, that was CGI so another flip-of-the-bird to the MPAA for their constant hypocrisy. And this was a Sam Raimi superhero movie. And the Spider-Man movies are rather soft in the PG-13 department so maybe the blame can be shifted on the Evil Dead movies. Just keep the memetic quote - well, memetic among those who've seen the movie - about the elephant and remove the opening scene - which only exists to show the audience that these bad guys don't mess around - and boom, the movie's practically PG-13. All of that aside, though, I actually quite enjoyed Darkman for the most part. It's well-acted, knows when to be funny, sad and/or scary, it's stylishly directed, I enjoyed the revenge angle of the plot and while not as good as Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy - due to Darkman being an original superhero character rather than appearing any comic books beforehand and technology not being advanced enough to allow for anything more...flashy - the action sequences are still reasonably exhilarating. I'm sad that Darkman, while not a bomb, just didn't attract as much attention as it could've seeing how it is a well-directed briskly-paced superhero movie with elements of other genres thrown in. Give it a watch and see what it was like for Sam Raimi to direct a superhero movie that doesn't involve web-slinging and couldn't use comic books for reference because the character didn't exist before this movie (and even then, he only made his own because he couldn't get the rights to make a Batman movie or an adaptation of The Shadow).

• Mar 24, 2020

Not a great superhero movie, great action movie. it felt unintentionally comedic at times but overall felt enjoyable. would recommend as an action movie and not a superhero movie