Dean Reviews

• Jun 14, 2018

Pretty good movie. While the story is thoroughly familiar and well-tread territory, Martin brings his quirky charm to the script, direction and lead role wonderfully and is supported by great performances from its supporting players, especially Jacobs.

• Jan 16, 2018

Enjoyed the movie, since I like Demetr Martin. His style seems to be a mashup of Wes Anderson, Alexander Paine and a little Woody Allen. Some of the cliche aspects are balanced out with some originality. The jokes are funny and witty.

• Jan 10, 2018

It wasn't just a bad movie. It was like no movie at all. Music in the background throughout to punctuate the emptiness of the plot line as it hobbled across my screen. Good music. Kevin K., one of my favorites ...giving him 1.5 out of 5 here for any possible reason. Generous tonight. For the actor/director, I'll try to recall your name so I don't find myself sitting in a theatre to see another of yours. Everyone had difficulty lifting iron words up from the paper they seemed super-glued to. Maybe if I saw it at 2X! In the car in front of the girls house. Could have watched that eight times and still couldn't find words, actions, emotions or even sensibility . . . not a darn thing that moved this vacuum along. Seated on the plane heading east with the talker. icky calls and now he's back...on the beach dragging his luggage. House up for sale. Sell the darn house. End the movie. Bring my life back to...to...to life. Please. Drawings: 4.2. Everything (underlined, bolded, italicized) else: zippo. But I only hung on for the first week-long hour. Where is my medication.

• Jan 07, 2018

Subtle and touching.

Subtle and touching.

• Dec 28, 2017

we need more movies like this

we need more movies like this

• Sep 09, 2017

My wife and I loved this movie! Also, I met Demetri Martin at the University of Florida and he came with me to my Spanish class. It was very cool.

• Jul 23, 2017

I loved this movie very witty and Im awed at the fact that Demetri Martin wrote, starred ,directed and provided the delightful cartoons for this movie. It is really a continual laugh.

• Jun 23, 2017

Totally exceeded my expectations! Funny, warm, witty and so well acted. And the drawings were a definite plus - their own character.

• Jun 22, 2017

Where it's funny, it's hilarious. That is not enough to save this movie. This is a very tonally dissonant film, and critical parts of it don't feel real. The first and third acts of this film seem almost entirely separate from the middle act, and the romance between Demetri Martin and Gillian Jacobs feels very contrived. That being said, it's clear that Martin is dealing with his own issues through this movie so it almost seems cruel to pan it. This movie is very human at times, and completely bogus at others. Side splittingly funny and then morose. That is not to say these things can't be together in a film, but they must work together. This movie feels like it's two movies competing with each other, and all they end up doing is detracting from your enjoyment of either.

• Jun 21, 2017