Desk Set Reviews

• Dec 27, 2020

A perfect movie for Christmas time.

A perfect movie for Christmas time.

• Nov 24, 2020

Great movie! Hepburn and Tracy are always worth the watch.

Great movie! Hepburn and Tracy are always worth the watch.

• Jul 20, 2020

The charms of its stars carry the film.

The charms of its stars carry the film.

• Oct 17, 2019

I saw Desk Set when it first came out and I knew nothing about computers. I loved the film, have seen it many times since and now own it on DVD. Fun film!

• Sep 05, 2019

Timeless classic. Kathrine Hepburn gives a timeless performance as the research department head. Her slow but reluctant transformation towards EMERAC is very relatable.

• May 26, 2019

I'm not a die-hard fan of either Hepburn or Tracy like some, but this film is a true gem. The chemistry between the two rocks and the silly 1960s computer, emblematic of movie and TV computers is quite goofy and thankfully saved until the last. It's the human element between the actors that makes this film so endearing. Joan Blondell is a treasure and you watch everything she does. The girls in the office are upbeat and perky, and attentive to work detail, which is a nice foil to the relatively humdrum men that inhabit Federal Broadcasting. There shouldn't be any chemistry between Hepburn, still attractive and sophisticated at 50, and Tracy, a grandfatherly type, who is nice but rather retiring -- a character who fits nicely into the background. In real life, a wallflower. There shouldn't be, but there is. It all makes Desk Set work. It's an enjoyable and fun adventure with good performances all around. A definite gem in the morass of Hollywood madness.

• Jan 31, 2019

The best romance movie ever made!

The best romance movie ever made!

• Nov 23, 2018

Great hepburn/tracy movie.

Great hepburn/tracy movie.

• Nov 30, 2017

Charming little rom com with Hepburn being threatened by a gigantic 50s computer. I would 100% like to get drunk with the ladies of this office.

• Dec 10, 2016

Tracy and Hepburn's most underrated collaboration. The move effortlessly through great dialogue, with some obvious improv. A lot of fun, should be considered a holiday classis (a lot of Christmas scenes).