Die Hard - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Die Hard Reviews

July 19, 2017
Die hard is a true classic. It came out at a time where every action movie had a star that looked like an action figure. The leading man was a nobody and the story is about a nobody. What more can you ask for, an average cop taking on German terrorists without shoes. I do have issues with this film but that's based on my own opinion. I also feel that with time the movie has been put on a pedestal. It is a great action film and there's a reason why it is so loved, however, I do feel that there are a few better action movies out there. But at the same time you cannot go through life without watching DIE HARD!!!!!!!
July 15, 2017
A perfect protagonist, perfect villain, perfect humor and a perfect action movie
July 13, 2017
Bloody shootouts, a brilliant villain as portrayed by Allan Rickman and a solid premise help raise this holiday spectacle above many others.
July 12, 2017
Excellent movie. Exciting to the end. I'd watch it again.
July 10, 2017
Many movies have tried to replicate its story, but none have come close to what Die Hard did for 80's action movies and action movies in general. It is thrilling, exciting, and Bruce Willis gives a strong performance as one of the most awesome action movie heroes John McClane. Also a good movie to watch around the holiday season.
½ June 23, 2017
Still the best Christmas movie ever.
June 5, 2017
The film that redefined the action movie genre !!!
June 2, 2017
Alan Rickman vs. Bruce Willis. What a grudge match. Great drama. Plus, what is under appreciated is the directing by McTiernan. He made Bruce semi-frail.
June 2, 2017
This is a pretty special kind of film, in that it remains entertaining after all these years, in spite of whatever the series and action genre has become in the intervening years.

Also, not a bad alternative to the normal Christmas programming around that time of year.

Recommended.
May 27, 2017
Review (1~5)

#Content: Script 4 | Acting 4 | Cinematography 4 | Film Editing 4

#Visual: Costume Design 4 | Makeup & Hairstyling 4 | Scenic Design 4 | Lighting 5 | Visual Effects 5

#Sound: Score & Soundtracks 5 | Sound Editing & Mixing 5

#Overall (1~10): 8
May 15, 2017
wow. best Christmas movie ever!
April 28, 2017
Die Hard is my favourite Action Film.
The movie goes for over two hours but you're immersed in every minute.
½ April 12, 2017
Good to watch action packed Christmas movie annually every Christmas starring Bruce Willis and the late late Alan Rickman. Yes this movie has a ton of flaws but you know what else has many flaws, home alone. That's one movie I was comparing this film too. And while watching they have a lot in common just pretend that Kevin is an adult and has a gun instead of a blow torch and a spider. The action in this movie is off the chain, it's good for this films release and is sadly dated. The story is so generic if this movie came out in 2017 this movie would fail. But how people use this story like when family guy made their own die hard with Peter instead of John McClain. I like how tv shows use this same idea and make it into their own thing. That's what makes this movie iconic and that one line when John says hippekya mother bleep.
April 11, 2017
One of, if not the best action film of all time.
½ April 9, 2017
Very awesome movie. Tons of gun-blazing action and even some hand-to-hand as well. Lots of cursing, but it's OK. A rip-roaring movie never to forget.
April 4, 2017
Die Hard has had many sequels but none have ever had the sheer amount of thrills this one had. This movie is about a group of employees at a Christmas party who get taken hostage by terrorists and one cop in the building has to save them. It's funny, thrilling, it has great performances, and it has great actors. This movie makes every fight scene look very tense and it has creative kills for the terrorists. It also surprises us with its well-constructed script and its perfect pacing which remains consistent and easy to follow throughout the whole film. The movie is not perfect though because of the marriage conflict with McClane and his wife. It's great for an action movie to have a character development but I found it to be uninteresting. But this is a minor complaint on my part. Overall, this movie is fantastic. It's super entertaining and it has influenced many later action films. Many have tried to top this but none have ever succeeded. This movie is probably one of if not the best action movie of all time and it's a must watch for all fans of the action genre.
April 3, 2017
Best Christmas movie ever. Best action film ever.
March 30, 2017
Still one of the very best Christmas movies! Funny and fun. Yippee-kae-yay!
½ March 28, 2017
A classic action movie. Bruce Willis is the perfect choice for the hero. Alan Rickman is also really good as the now classic Hans Gruber, even though it's been overshadowed by Severus Snape. The action is intense and riveting. I know this will anger many people, but this, in my opinion, this is NOT a Christmas movie, it is an action/dark comedy.
March 20, 2017
Amazing movie, loved it. Makes you think of the 80s a lot.