Die Hard - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Die Hard Reviews

October 18, 2016
The BEST Christmas movie ever made!!!!!!!! Screw you Rudalf!
October 12, 2016
An exciting, violent and very entertaining action film.
September 25, 2016
The best action movie of all times hands down!
½ September 25, 2016
Welcome to the party, pal.
September 21, 2016
Possibly the best action movie to come out of the 80's. McClane's superpower is shear tenacity.
September 18, 2016
Alan Rickman, Bruce Willis, one of the greatest action movies ever. What more could you want? Excellent acting, story line and the movie flowed perfectly.
September 16, 2016
Classic action movie
September 14, 2016
Rickman steals the show but this is a bona-fide rip-roarer from start to finish.
½ September 6, 2016
Bruce Willis's defining role!
September 6, 2016
82% - Die Hard is exciting, action-packed, and stunning. But Willis' performance as John McClane is the reason why this film is not a typical action thriller.
September 6, 2016
An unexpected mega hit! Immediately legitimized Bruce Willis as a bona fide action movie star. Was also the best movie for Alan Rickman by far. I will always remember, "Shoot the glaaaaass! Shoot the glaaaaass!
September 4, 2016
The central action Bruce Willis was involved in was great, but the police and FBI were all buffoons, with no verisimilitude in anyone's actions. Almost every emergency responder present literally just stood there the whole movie, as stage props, even when in mortal danger. Occasionally, the police leader would order something foolhardy, which would fail miserably in an instant. But, he never lost his cocky self-congratulatory assurance -- never called in anyone with any expertise -- and steadfastly refused to even talk to Bruce Willis' character, even to find out what was going on from the man in the center of the action. Unbelievably, Willis' character was in near continuous walkie-talkie communication with a low-ranking officer, but nobody cared. When two FBI agents showed up later, they immediately proposed a foolhardy plan that they *happily* stated would kill only 20-25% of the hostages.

Script and direction needed intensive reconstruction by expert emergency responders. The basic plot was good, and this could have been a great movie if the emergency responder part had been written and directed with any competence.

Die Hard came out in 1988, and I wanted to see it ever since -- but I never got around to it till 09/03/2016. I was in the mood for a good action flick, and really wanted to like this movie if it was at all possible. But, I could not bring myself to suspend disbelief at the poor script and direction.
August 31, 2016
Classic Action Thriller
August 27, 2016
A action classic starring Bruce Willis. And best of the lot!

9.9/10 or 5 stars
August 19, 2016
Watching Bruce Willis fight himself out of a skyscraper makes you understand why the've made so many Die Hard films: the first one is just that good.
August 19, 2016
The epitome of action movies. Despite the underwhelming sequels that followed and the plot holes scattered throughout, the original still holds its special place in my heart as well as countless others. The performances from Willis and Rickman stand out to this day and I enjoy this film every time I watch it.
½ August 18, 2016
This is still one of the best action movies to come out of the 80's. Bruce Willis really became a household name after this movie was released. While not all of the sequels are anywhere near as good, this one is still a great movie and is still worth watching occasionally.
August 14, 2016
Die Hard is the quinticenial action film. A relateable protagonist that you can understand his predicament, he's just a guy that's trying to spend Christmas with his family. Then terrorists show up and he's just a one man army and is unfortunate to be in this situation. This movie also features Hans Gruber, and this is Alan Rickman's first movie role, Rest in Peace Alan Rickman you hit the ground running and you never stopped, no wonder you're still my favourite actor. Die Hard is quotable, incredible and is the best Christmas movie ever made.
August 14, 2016
the best action movie of all time