Dirty Harry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dirty Harry Reviews

½ January 27, 2017
Still holds up amazing today. Gritty and edgy.
½ January 15, 2017
An iconic 'cop' movie from the 70s about a tough cop hunting down criminals using his own code of justice, portrayed by inimitable Clint Eastwood. This role is a logical continuation/enhancement of his previous roles in spaghetti westerns of Sergio Leone.
December 28, 2016
Classic Eastwood. Do ya feel lucky punk?
December 23, 2016
Gotta love a bit of Clint!
December 12, 2016
With an ending that alludes to the Excalibur legend, and a showdown that alludes to the Super Bowl... testosterone should be left alone is right.
½ November 27, 2016
Pro-cop and pro-government propaganda, but still a decently-told story.
½ October 19, 2016
Raw and ruthless. Clint Eastwood in his right element, dont giving a fuck about the bosses when they are doing it wrong. Capable, enjoyable and clean cutting. Pure as they come.
October 1, 2016
I have never seen this series before and I have to say I enjoyed this. I can see why it is a classic and helped make Clint Eastwood a household name.
September 26, 2016
The Villian Definately Makes This A Memorable Watch As Every Hero Needs A Nemisis. Some Of The Wide-Angle Photography Adds To The Feeling Of Fear Instilled Across The City. Really Liked This Classic Gangsta Flick.
½ August 27, 2016
"Dirty Harry" is a classic action flick with a great lead performance from Clint Eastwood, some really cool action sequences, and a killer villain.
August 20, 2016
A good action thriller about Cop who hates the law, Dirty Harry sees Clint Eastwood kick ass like usual
August 16, 2016
awsome, keeps you thrilled till the phrase.
August 14, 2016
Recently I've considered drastically negatively re-appraising Clint Eastwood's work, both directorially and as a thespian, as a knee-jerk reaction to his constant defense of the more racially-bigoted face of conservative America, but because of what his work has meant to me as a cinephile over the years, plus in tribute to everyone else's work involved in this film, particularly director Don Siegel's, that simply wouldn't be fair.

As well, you're basically getting, boiled down in its 103-minute timespan, 45 years after the fact, the main dilemma facing the USA. Whose rights are more important--the good guys' or the bad guys'? If they're equal, should they be considered equal, and what does that mean to the law enforcement and judicial systems?

Quite simply, THE most important American-made film of the past 50 years. NOT my very favourite (that's '2001: A Space Odyssey'), but the most significant.

And it hasn't aged a single day because of it.
August 9, 2016
This is one of those genre films that was so influential it essentially created it's own sub-genre. Almost every cop film produced during the 70's owed some debt to this film. That's as it should be, since this is a minor masterpiece. Like most of Siegel's films, it's not a ferociously ambitious film, but it's an incredibly well-oiled genre machine ... and Eastwood is the perfect actor to star in it. His performance as Harry Callahan is so iconic that it's difficult to see how different it is from what came before it.
½ July 23, 2016
Through no fault of its own, I was unable to enjoy it simply because so many movies have copied it that I found the whole thing tame and predictable.
½ July 15, 2016
The most gangster cop movie i think ive ever seen. Clint eastwood plays a terrific hardass hero who doesnt give a shit what other ppl think. It shows how hard cops jobs are esp when politics come into play. Movie moves fast and it mostly a cat and mouse chasing game btw cop and murderer. I liked the suspenseful jazz score and how the movie was edited to be quick and smooth. Also u could totally feel a cool 70s vibe from this film. Movie isnt esp grand as far as plot and its cliches but btw the style, acting and directing its pretty good. Now i know where that famous line "do u feel lucky punk?" Comes from.
July 12, 2016
Classic cop drama with Eastwood as tough cop Harry Callahan trying to track down a sniper in San Francisco.
July 2, 2016
Done dirty by a coddling judiciary that takes the constitution too seriously our hero is forced to finally break all the rules to bring down his man monster.
½ June 13, 2016
The scene where the DA's telling Harry that they can't prosecute Scorpio because of all the **** he pulled getting him is all that I wanted to see Ice Cube blast at Schmidt and Jenko in 21 Jump Street. Just because you read him his Miranda Rights doesn't excuse all the damage, explosions, recklessness, murder, death of undercovers, and all kinds of other bull they did. Good movie regardless, and I can't imagine how both scary the real Zodiac killer was and maybe what schadenfreude relief or hope this movie gave to people who were living in that time.
June 5, 2016
Clint Eastwood is the hard, play-by-my-rules inspector Harry Callahan who frequently takes the law into his own hands. This is a pretty unrealistic depiction of cop life. But who cares? Dirty Harry is a great, entertaining watch not to be taken too seriously.