Disneynature Chimpanzee Reviews

• Nov 07, 2019

It's incredible how even Chimpanzees show more compassion in accepting an orphan, than we humans.

• Sep 09, 2019

The movie was excellent, for adults. HOWEVER, I believe it should have been rated PG. I know it is nature, but I assumed a G rated movie would be more or less happy, so I watched it with my four kids. Not too far into the movie, I had a crying 6 and 7 year old due to the killing of monkeys. Had to explain to them that it was nature and they needed to do this to survive. But then ***spoiler alert*** Oscar's mom died, and then I had 4 sobbing children. Even my 11-year-old who is way "too cool" to cry during movies. Yes he goes on to bond with Freddy, but watching him look for his momma after she left, the sadness and confusion in his eyes, especially with how they established their relationship (she was such an amazing mother, and he clearly loved her so, so much), then lack of affection after...it was just heartbreaking. Now my children are talking often about how sad they would be if I died, my 3-year-old especially. I do want to raise my children to be strong, but part of being a good human is also having deep compassion and empathy, especially for animals or those who are vulnerable, so for those who read this and think, "your kids are snowflakes," I will never tell them not to have compassion for another living being's suffering. So, if it were not for the rating, and if they had added a warning at the beginning or something, I would have given it 5 stars. I can't imagine the feats it took to capture and edit this footage. But especially for small children, a warning would have been nice. There is a lesson to be learned about nature for sure, but maybe not at age three.

• Sep 09, 2019

Another extremely boring Disneynature film that isn't made particularly well. As much as I like Tim Allen, he was not a good fit for the narration at all. (First and only viewing - 9/2/2019)

• Apr 19, 2019

Who knew Chimpanzees could be this interesting? This movie is just plain cute, and even adds heart to the story of Oscar

• Oct 06, 2018

The Documentary is heartwarming, and lovable, Chimpanzees are the greatest creatures on this planet. and this one, is a number one, For Oscar, everyday is an Adventure.

• Apr 09, 2017

This is a pretty good movie

This is a pretty good movie

• Feb 20, 2017

Very nice and touching Disney Nature story of Oscar the Chimpanzee. It's amazing how close the film makers got to the Chimpanzees when filming this movie. The Tim Allen narration is probably to weakest part of the film.

• Sep 22, 2015

Absolutely enchanting!

Absolutely enchanting!

• Mar 28, 2015

I enjoyed this one and a look at their culture. Another great filming job by the Disney team

• Jan 24, 2015