Doctor Dolittle Reviews

• Aug 17, 2020

I thought Doctor Dolittle was boring when I watched it as a kid, but when I watched it as an adult…it's still pretty boring. Here's the weird thing, though, my kids really liked it. I don't know why, exactly, maybe it's because they just liked seeing animals do silly things, or maybe it's the outlandish story. Regardless of what it was, we ended up having a nice time watching it together, even though I don't really care to watch it again.

• Jul 18, 2020

It's not great but still the best version out there.

It's not great but still the best version out there.

• Mar 09, 2020

I think the movie favored lengthy musical numbers over a thick plot, which makes a lot of sense for a musical when it is not 2.5 hours long. This felt like they fired their editing staff to save money & just put every scene & song they could think of in there, going through three entirely disparate plots that could've been stretched into 3 better-focused 80-minute movies. I liked the rugged look & Dr. House-like voice of Rex until I read about how much of a butthole he was on-set for this movie. The songs were fine for what they were, but just very uneventful.

• Feb 13, 2020

Doctor Dolittle is a triple threat: racist, sexist, and profoundly stupid. Rex Harrison getting himself cast in multiple musicals over the years is one of the great cons in Hollywood history. On top of that, this is another movie where Rex Harrison treats a much younger woman with complete contempt and malice, and naturally she falls in love with him.

• Jan 26, 2020

CGI was great. Everyone thought RDJ was fabulous. Strong character arcs, as well. So much better than Little Women, which was the worst, most disjointed and disappointing film version of that book to date. The silent film was even better!

• Rene Patat
    Jan 23, 2020

Exceptional graphics, storyline and plot were great! Not a Robert Downey Jr fan but this film was perfect for him...made me like him a bit more. I surprised my 13 year old son by taking him and, oddly, he was completely engrossed from beginning to end! I just wish there had been the specific ending I wanted. A sequel maybe?

• Jan 20, 2020

Splendid. A joyous animal adventure full of Rex Harrison's trademark wit and humour. Must see!

• Jan 12, 2020

Classic film! One to watch with the kids on a rainy sunday afternoon.

Classic film! One to watch with the kids on a rainy sunday afternoon.

• Jan 11, 2020

If you don't love this movie you're stupid. If you like the newer versions of this movie you're really stupid. This film is amazing! For it's time. It has lovely fun songs, lots of great actors, and a weird story! The best kids movie! I'm in love with it. Fantasy and animals. Plus the fact they had to create things to look real instead of stupid CGI makes it way better. And the fact the animals didn't speak human is realistic, and unique. Unlike now with idiot voices. Please. I'm biased. I grew up watching this. It's my favorite. It deserves a much higher rating. Especially for the silliness It's awesome. I love the cheese factor.

• Nov 04, 2019

A somewhat amusing musical film about a doctor who talks to animals. A couple good songs, and some amusing physical comedy but that's about it.