Donnie Darko - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Donnie Darko Reviews

February 19, 2018
one of best movies ever
February 16, 2018
This movie is a cult classic so I watched it. But I think I must have missed something. All I thought at the end was, "Well, that was weird." I will say that it had some good music in it.
February 5, 2018
Donnie Darko provides an interesting and intelligent storyline, memorable characters and lines, as well as a truly underrated performance by Jake Gyllenhaal. Dark, funny, and surprisingly touching, Donnie Darko tells a bittersweet story about enjoying life even when given a countdown to the end.

4/5 stars
February 1, 2018
wow interesting name... hint the sarcasim
January 18, 2018
recommend to every one PAY ATTENTION
½ January 17, 2018
This is what a cult movie should look like.
January 2, 2018
Confusing yet great movie.Donnie Darko kept my interest the whole time.Jake Gyllenhaal gave a great and memorable performance.
December 27, 2017
Donnie Darko takes that extra step other films dare not to. Perplexing yet valiant, Richard Kelly shows ingenious dialouge and an engrossing story one can acknowledge with Gyllenhaal's marvelous performance.
December 26, 2017
If I am being completely honest, I found myself not enjoying a majority of this movie. I felt kind of bored by most of it and failed to see what the fuss was about while finally getting around to seeing it. However, I kept watching until the end, and the finale made me at least consider it an okay movie. I felt the ending made me think a lot and left me somewhat intrigued by the whole thing. It certainly is an original movie with good performances. It is never particularly unwatchable, but I just think people enjoy analyzing it more than anything else. It's a tricky movie to review because I want to watch it again and dig into some of the themes, but I also didn't particularly enjoy a good portion of it. I think if you are a film buff, it's worth checking out, but as far as my opinion stands, I think it is a pretty average movie.
½ December 5, 2017
A brillian plot, complicated yet it still have a funny moment. But the conclution is worth it.
November 14, 2017
No much explanation about what it happens, you have to go beyond the movie to understand it, but it's a great movie with an unexpected end.
November 14, 2017
Donnie Darko is a very interesting science-fiction film, but it's one that only has a cult status, when it's pretty good and deserves better. The performances are convincing, especially from Jake Gyllenhaal, and the plot is a little freaky and also a little complicated to understand. But I still find it to be a very good sci-fi cult film, and that creepy bunny rabit suit may just give you a few chills. Recommended !!
½ November 8, 2017
Donnie Darko: Thought provokingness and stuffed with ideas and messages. Donnie Darko is a cult masterpeice that never stops clicking.
October 30, 2017
All time greatest movie's of all time. Its the prefect script, characters, location, soundtrack, cinematography, story and more. Its absolutely the best movie on my list.
October 26, 2017
The film is so complicated its amazing a film with this story was ever made. Richard Kelly created a film that found its audience on dvd as oppose to the cinema. The film is bursting at the seams with creativity and the cast have enough character background to fill two movies. It's a shame Kelly has struggled to hit the heights of this film again, I'll be rewatching Southland Tales soon enough. This film is incredible and it has such a distinct tone, you can't help but feel the dedication from all involved. The high school introduction scene is expertly crafted and those final moments are hard to watch. One of the greatest cult films created, I only regret not seeing it at the movies. 26-10-2017.
½ October 24, 2017
Donnie Darko will melt your face, and might send you on a internet searching tizzy while you're at it.
½ October 19, 2017
A-
Compelling and smart, Donnie Darko blends creative storytelling with eerie presentation -- resulting in a film that as haunting as it is emotionally satisfying.
October 19, 2017
i wish it wasn't R...
October 16, 2017
Just watched and it was extremely thought provoking and instantly became one of my favorite movies
October 5, 2017
This movie believes it is way smarter than it is...