Donnie Darko - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Donnie Darko Reviews

½ January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.7/10 - 4.7/5
December 29, 2016
That movie is SO FUCKING GOOD, at the same time that is very complicated and insane
December 29, 2016
Está película es espectacular, nuevamente otra película de Jake Gyllenhaal que me pone a pensar y a verla más veces, los personajes son agradables, incluso Donnie Darko, y la historia es espectacular.
December 29, 2016
i have it and haven't watched it yet
December 28, 2016
Wow, one of the best early 00's movies out there. Gyllenhaal, as always, nails it. Is this guy ever going to win anything? Come on.
December 26, 2016
An all time cult classic with great performances from an amazing cast, an interesting premise with a a great script, some concepts may seem a little confusing and may require a second or third viewing to fully understand, tho.
December 16, 2016
Nias bailando coreografas para el colegio. En cmara lenta. Dos veces. La rebelda intelectual de Donnie fastidia tanto como las lavadas de cerebro. Lo del viaje en el tiempo es absurdo. Una maestra lanza al cielo un grito desgarrador porque la despiden. El atractivo de la pelcula reside sencillamente en que Donnie est loco y su amigo imaginario es un hombre con disfraz de conejo. Y en que tiene una enamorada con quien es incmodo, la mejor escena de la pelcula es cuando la acompaa a su casa. Y el vecindario es muy bonito. 6/10
December 10, 2016
Apenas me limito ao consenso do site:''A estria de Richard Kelly como diretor em Donnie Darko uma viso original ousada, repleta de ideias dissonantes e inteligentes que tambm apresenta um desempenho notvel de Jake Gyllenhaal como o personagem ttulo.''
December 8, 2016
ok so this was a re-watch.. which i originally gave 1/2 a star....i kept seeing pop up on the best movie lists that i looked up. I was young.
I watched it again..it was awesome! It really was. It was weird, and thrilling just what i like. it was one those mind-fuck movies that for me had to be watched twice....
November 25, 2016
I see life that never comes to pass.
November 18, 2016
Smart, brooding, moving and well shot, Darko is one of those movies you'll have to see again and again to capture it all. Mixing sci-fi and a teenage 80's movie, the mind warping subject matter may be a bit hard of a pill to swallow and perhaps even a bit frustrating, and thats fine. Its not for everyone. However if you like getting your hands dirty and question all that youve seen and felt, watch it with a friend or loved one so you can discuss later. Cuz trust me, you will.
November 18, 2016
Mejor pelicula de culto
November 17, 2016
Genius. Imaginative. Well made with some fantastic acting. Dark and wonderful. Love it.
November 14, 2016
You can realize that this is quite an personal movie for director Richard Kelly, but still he was able to 'implant' ambiguity into the plot of this 80s freakshow. Donnie Darko is certainly one of my favorite movies.
November 6, 2016
Una experiencia sonambula y esquizofrenia, con cierto sabor a nostalgia por los aos 80s. Buena opcin para una fria tarde de viernes.
November 3, 2016
A semi-satisfying movie for anyone who looks at the mainstream from the outside.
½ October 21, 2016
A little disappointed with the popular cult film Donnie Darko. I wanted scarier, not realizing it wasn't even meant to be scary. And I think they took a few corny turns en route to explain this save-the-world, time travel piece. My biggest qualm was the strange casting. Drew Barrymore was just awful with her acting (let's just say, yeah, she deserved to get fired like her character did). The late, great Patrick Swayze was such an odd casting for his role, and it was kind of sad to see him do that after all the great things he gave us all these years. And just about every employee at that school needed to be rounded up and have a jet engine fall on THEIR heads. Now, sadly, this is one of those times where I will fully, undoubtedly ADMIT that I didn't get this movie. Not until searching online, where I came across explanations and article that I found far more interesting and entertaining than the movie itself. I didn't focus on the time travel, alternate universe stuff. I was just simply watching the events unfold on the most basic of levels, just trodding along thinking about this Donnie kid and his family and the town. I never realized he was saving the world or that he had these powers. I understood the timeline aspect, like when we finally meet alive-Frank (as opposed to dead-Frank who we meet first). I understood how certain events didn't follow in actual sequential ordering and the dead were time travelling to manipulate the events of the story. I just didn't understand how Donnie knew what was going on all along and that he needed to sacrifice his own life for the love of his girlfriend who he'll never meet thanks to his time travelling, and his family, and, well, the world itself. But somehow, he knew and we're supposed to just go with it. A neat idea, but somewhat poorly demonstrated for audiences. And what was with that weird wave between Donnie's mother and Gretchen at the end? Or mother's casual, cigarette smoking, I'm-cool-with-it demeanor as they carted her deceased son's body out of the house?
½ October 17, 2016
Starts off slow and builds to an unexpected punch. The visuals are definitely inspired by Lynch with a tad less irony. And I thought it was going to be a gonzo animated feature about a rabbit! What a fun soundtrack.
½ October 4, 2016
Where do I start with this one. Very dark and deceiving leaving the audience waiting for answers. A great trip from beginning to end. The ending was somewhat confusing but definitely made this movie. If you like thought provoking movies this is definitely for you because there is so many ways to interpret it.
September 25, 2016
Watched Donnie Darko today. Every time I watch it, there's something new. Something new in the plot that I never noticed or an actor that's in it that I never really noticed before. It's a pretty haunting film. I noticed today that Seth Rogen was in it before he was famous, playing the bully Ricky Danforth. James Duvall played Frank the Rabbit. Of course Drew Barrymore, Noah Wyle and Patrick Swayze were already big stars, but now I recognize Mary McDonnell and a ton of other actors who later became much more well known. It's still an an awesome and odd movie with an equally awesome soundtrack. It's one of those films that you can keep enjoying over and over again.