Don't Look Now Reviews

• Feb 28, 2019

Unsettling, at times deeply disturbing horror masterclass from the legendary Nicolas Roeg.

• Jan 11, 2019

Very solid. Extra points for the location.

Very solid. Extra points for the location.

• Jan 09, 2019

Ok. Dated. A bit slow.

Ok. Dated. A bit slow.

• Dec 28, 2018

An all-time favourite of mine, just wonderfully balanced between style and emotion. And that score! Sure, there are elements that haven't aged well, but they tend for me to be elements that intended to be jarring anyway (the ending being a case in point) so don't take me out of the atmosphere created. Love it!

• Nov 25, 2018

I was just bored the entire time. There's not a trace of horror or suspense in here.

• Nov 24, 2018

A wonderful horror film that keeps growing in stature over the years. Clever plot, haunting moments of premonition and recall, and a compelling synergy between the two leads, Julie Christie and Jonathan Sunderland, including one of the best sex scenes in film ever. The production is economical but very effective, and Venice in the early 1970s looks refreshingly alive and spontaneous. Las week I saw the film again, loving every second, and today I spent the afternoon trying to accuire get a better quality DVD or Blue-Ray, because earlier transfers were poor, especially the sound quality. Alas, it seems the Criterion version, the one worth having, is not yet available in Europe. Upon returning home, disappointed, I learnt that Roeg has died.

• Nov 22, 2018

Although sort of slow and confusing at times, Don't Look Now is a very well crafted drama/horror film that showcases some great camerawork, acting, and a complex and intriguing story.

• Nov 13, 2018

A devastating story for sure, but I just didn’t find it enjoyable in the slightest. The characters were not developed well, the story was overly convoluted, and everything moved so fast. Could have been great...should have been

• Nov 11, 2018

Amazing story and a shocking ending make this movie stand out from others of it's kind.

• Nov 11, 2018

One of the most boring movies ever. It is slow and ponderous. It could never be made today.