Dr. Strangelove Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Strangelove Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb Reviews

½ July 18, 2016
Genial Kubrick. Innovador y audaz.
July 18, 2016
Meu amor por este filme infinito.
½ July 11, 2016
A classic hilarious dark satire of the Cold War.
½ July 8, 2016
Stanley Kubrick's 1964 war drama is an outrageous black comedy, but not his best.
July 6, 2016
Peter Sellers is amazing.
July 6, 2016
This is one of my favorite movies of all time, this movie is a great comical satire and has a great soundtrack too, like in every stanley kubrick movie. really good acting, really good cinematography.
½ July 5, 2016
A delightfully funny and sharp satire of the Cold War with an underlying plot that is fascinating and--in perhaps a little too unnerving of a way--still quite relevant and entertaining today.
July 2, 2016
There isn't really much that can be said about Dr. Strangelove that hasn't already been said, or begins to tread into personal political projection.

The benchmark for every modern satire. Unbelievably funny, and razor sharp in it's dissection of post WW2 American foreign policy.
June 25, 2016
Dr. Strangelove it's a Kubrick satirical movie about the cold war, that stills have a lot to say in our time.
June 23, 2016
Great movie and is surprisingly timeless somehow. So quotable as well.
June 11, 2016
Dr. Strangelove, A comedy of a comedy of oh what we view on wartime and including the cold war. I will leave this film should've gotten the Oscar instead of my fair lady. By it's true love of black-and-white scenery and low-budget budgets to turn into real gold. As when I first experienced Dr. strange it was not so hard to understand the story because of what is going on and just that one particular room of the war room with the president the general and the whole command of the whole system of the world including Russia. My absolute favorite scene is "stop fighting this is the war room" I love every single time when that scene comes up and any time of the film. The face reactions is hysterical mainly by looking at the story is it mainly by silent films pictures. As for Stanley Kubrick with his perfection of art cinema and seen and script this is a hell of a fine and yet the first artsy film of comity ever been put to film which may be bringing the Conan brothers to inspired by Stanley Kubrick's work. If you have not watch this picture I suggest that you should because it is a must comedy see pic. I absolutely love the story I absolutely love how he brings that you should just love the bomb because every country in the world has nuclear weapons like these today. It should be on everyone else's shelf and I'm proud that it is on mine.

Grade
A perfect 10
June 11, 2016
Dr. Strangelove is just 1 out of many of Kubricks masterpieces, but it stands out due to how clever and razor sharp most of the scenes and dialogue areand still remains, to this day, one of the greatest and most brilliant satires about not just the cold war but all of the wars that have had satire movies based off of them.
June 6, 2016
A unique film taking the situations of the Cold War into light. And when I mean light, I mean that this black comedy comes from a place of paranoia, yet the plot takes of turn for the absurd. It feels impossible but not realistic that one will pull apart the tensions of a nuclear standstill by installing a chink in the political chain. Through its wacky situations and character performances, Kubrick sets his first stone in the New Hollywood movement by providing a comedy of error through a perfect combination of tragedy and timing.
June 5, 2016
This is just a great comedy.
May 31, 2016
Brilliant satire on the foolishness of men and is surprisingly tense more than it is comedic
May 14, 2016
A great movie when you're on a date night with your grandpa.
½ May 9, 2016
Can we talk about this film without talking about how Kubrick is great? Let's talk about its age. Let's talk about how we all watched this when we were too young, because it's one of 'the greats' made by a 'great' man and we didn't get it at all. Comedy doesn't often age well. I remembered that the jokes were stilted and that most of the scenes took place inside a building. A couple nights ago I finally re-watched it and y'know it was actually really good. I'm okay with seeing images of a man's world made by a man focusing on men if it ends with them killing each other and everything else.
May 5, 2016
I don't really understand why this movie is called "Dr. Strangelove" as the character of Dr. Strangelove only appears in a few minutes in the actual movie. But with that cast aside I must say that this was a very entertaining movie. I can see myself in the future watching this movie a couple more times, just to get off a few hours of my time. Stanley Kubrick have always been very good at getting the audience to care about, not only the stories, but the character's as well. And while this movie doesn't have a whole lot of characters, it still has a few that we can find enjoyment in. Peter Sellars is really good in this movie as he takes on the hard job of playing three very different characters in the movie, but out of all of them, I must say that Dr. Strangelove was the weirdest of them and the proud Englisman Lionel Mandrake was the most enjoyable one of them. He is joined by a rich supporting cast who helps the movie along, but in the end, it is Sellars and Kubrick's movie. A very entertaining and great movie.
April 30, 2016
Greatest movie of all time.