Dumbo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dumbo Reviews

½ January 20, 2017
One of my favorite Disney movies, its defintely depressing at times, but is still a great movie!
January 14, 2017
I loved this movie. I first watch this movie when I was 6 and I just loved everything about it. Ann I'm not much older I'm in my early teens now and it still has a special place in my heart.
December 31, 2016
A perfect film full of warmth and heart, second to none. This movie has a 100% in my heart, like it should in yours.
December 26, 2016
Dumbo is magnificent. It is one of the greatest classics of the Golden Age of Disney, being, in my opinion, second among the best films of the studio at the time that Walt commanded, below only Fantasia. This film is proof that it is possible to make a good story, with captivating characters, brilliant situations, touching scenes and beautiful songs even with few resources. That's right, Dumbo does a lot with very little, without losing the brilliance and originality of a true disney classic.
September 16, 2016
It's all coming back! Incredible film, favourite as a child, favourite as an adult.
½ August 24, 2016
This is arguably the best animated film Disney ever made. Beautiful animation, wonderful songs, and great emotional themes: it pretty much has it all and then some. And the 'Pink Elephants on Parade' sequence is certainly the most surreal that Disney has ever been. Aside from some mildly racist caricatures and a questionable happy ending (the goal for "freaks" should be monetization?), DUMBO is practically perfect.
August 15, 2016
Despite its short length, Dumbo is still a great Disney classic!
August 12, 2016
Dumbo is a classic movie with a heartwarming lesson at the center, but the sincerity isn't enough to save it from some of its lesser qualities. With songs that are catchy at best but mostly forgettable like "When I See an Elephant Fly" and "Baby Mine" and a decent portion of the movie dedicated to watching Dumbo get wasted an
August 12, 2016
Dumbo is a classic movie with a heartwarming lesson at the center, but the message isn't enough to save it from some of its lesser qualities. With songs that are catchy at best but mostly forgettable like "When I See an Elephant Fly" and "Baby Mine" and a decent portion of the movie dedicated to watching Dumbo get wasted and hallucinate about pink elephants, it seems like the movie just doesn't live up to the rest of the Disney classics. One of the shortest Disney films, it's a tightly wound movie that inspires some emotion but ultimately takes a while to get to the good parts; Dumbo only takes flight for about 15 minutes at the end and most of it is in the company of some decidedly racist crows.
August 12, 2016
By being clever about the animation and having a genuinely good heartwarming story, the animators and team behind Dumbo saved the Disney studio from financial difficulties after much money being spent on Snow White, Pinocchio and Fantasia. The songs are true Disney, with "Baby Mine" winning best song at the oscars.
½ July 22, 2016
While it's a classic, I've always felt this fell just below some of Disney's other masterpieces. It's still a fun and justifiably regarded film.
½ July 21, 2016
With beautiful synchronous music, an eye opening tale of circus life through the animals and oodles of cuteness, Dumbo is a short, sweet treat. Excuse the mildly racist Jim Crow and his friends, for at least their personalities defy the stereotype and allow them to provide a pleasant late sprinkle of humour.
½ July 4, 2016
another fun disney movie
June 20, 2016
Well-animated and fun for kids.
½ June 19, 2016
While not the strongest, its definitely a touching-well animated short story that still holds up today as it did before, even if it does limitate itself from time to time.
March 25, 2016
An early Disney classic, and probably one of its most warm-hearted. Dumbo is about a child overcoming its birth defect and using it to his advantage. The high point of the film is the scene when he and his mother are reunited, but the very short length limits character development and motivation.
March 20, 2016
After the disppointing failure of Fantasia, Dumbo hit the big screen. When I was kid I love it, as an adult I still love it. The opening tune sounds catchy, the songs wooing their way on everybody's heads, the animation just like the others is well drawn and my favorite character is got to be the crows. Well yeah, I know people think they're racist but there only in the movie for about 10 minutes but they're still funny and also I like the clowns as well. There's a scene where Dumbo's mother goes crazy because the kids are mocking her son Dumbo so The Ringmaster has to tie her down and lock her in the cage which is a classic scene. And also the pink elephants scene is so crazy and so dreamy for some reason, it is only when people are drinking too much alcohol. And the end scene is just absolutley phenomenal if I do say so myself.
½ March 14, 2016
Not bad but so far I have to say reliving the Disney classics is not the magical experience you'd expect. The basic ugly duckling storyline is good here and my son was really engaged in the first half. The second half (apart from the whole learning to fly bit) is basically drivel. Embarrassing black caricature crows and a whole trippy pink elephant sequence which I'm sure was far out when you were smoking weed for the first time in the 40's but is now I'm sorry just dull.
½ February 29, 2016
Though some characters are certainly outdated, there's no denying just how incredible "Dumbo" is. It'll make it laugh, and it'll make you cry.