Elektra Reviews

• 2d ago

The best thing I can say about Elektra is they tried. They tried to make a simple, stand-alone, story focused movie. They failed spectacularly, as the movie is a complete bore, but they tried. It's more than I can say about a lot of current superhero movies. Jennifer Garner, who is a fine actress, is still miscast in the title role. Though, she and Kirsten Prout do play well off of each other. Furthermore, action scenes are poorly staged, and horribly edited. It's impossible to tell what's going on.

• Dec 21, 2019

Awkward and cheesy, Elektra is a perfect example of how NOT to do a comic based movie. Very poorly written dialog and fight choreography. The actors have no choice but to sound ridiculous as they deliver these lines. Could have been worse I guess. The dark tone is somewhat good. This movie never happened according to modern critics ;).

• Oct 09, 2019

This was not as bad as some people are saying about this film. This was an amazing movie, but it did not have that much potential to other people, that's why it was bad. For me the movie was solid and the fighting scenes were great and it kept me entertain, and Jennifer Garner is well Elektra. So for this being a solid film, that I felt happy and compel to watch, I give " Elektra " a C-.

• Sep 27, 2019

Shes good. Movie sucks

Shes good. Movie sucks

• Sep 07, 2019

No idea what this movie has such poor ratings? Strong story, great characters, lots of fights and action, it's a very good underrated super hero movie.

• Aug 20, 2019

Started off alright. Good exposition, building the character backstories. Then just tons of sex, really had my full attention! The energy really builds in this one! The run time just flew by and before you know it, roll credits. Definitely looking forward to watching this one again! 👍👍

• Aug 18, 2019

After being killed in Daredevil, Elektra Natchios (Jennifer Garner) is revived by blind martial arts master Stick (Terence Stamp). He teaches her the ancient art of Kimagure, which provides its practitioners with precognition as well as the ability to resurrect the dead. Elektra is expelled from the training compound because of her inability to let go of her rage and fear from seeing her mother's killer as a child. She leaves and uses her training to become a contract killer. Years later, Elektra infiltrates a heavily guarded area and succeeds in slaying her target, DeMarco. McCabe, Elektra's agent, receives an unusually large offer from an anonymous client wishing to hire Elektra. The only stipulation; she must spend a few days in a rented home on the island where the assassination is to be performed before the names of the targets are revealed. During the wait, Elektra catches a girl named Abby trying to steal her mother's necklace. She sends her away, and later meets and befriends her father, Mark Miller (Goran Višnjić). Abby later invites Elektra to dinner on Mark's behalf. Elektra develops a romantic interest in Mark, but soon learns that he and Abby are the targets she has been hired to kill. Elektra spares them and leaves, but later returns in time to protect them from assassins sent by The Hand, a crime syndicate of ninja mercenaries... The film received largely negative reviews from film critics. Rotten Tomatoes critical consensus reads: "Jennifer Garner inhabits her role with earnest gusto, but Elektra's tone-deaf script is too self-serious and bereft of intelligent dialogue to provide engaging thrills." Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times gave the film 1.5 stars out of a possible 4. He writes: "Plays like a collision between leftover bits and pieces of Marvel superhero stories. It can't decide what tone to strike." Helen O'Hara at Empire magazine gave the film 2 out of 5 stars, and says "Despite oozing star quality, Garner struggles to rise above the limitations of the script." Brian Lowry of Variety writes: "Elektra" proves no more than fitfully satisfying, a character-driven superhero yarn whose flurry of last-minute rewriting shows in a disjointed plot." I liked "Elektra" so much better than "Daredevil", and I assume I am not really alone in that opinion. I think Jennifer Garner fits the character very well and she carries the role in a proper fashion, while Terence Stamp adds nice weight to the film as Stick. The action is well balanced with the story and for being made in 2004 the effects/CGI are pretty good. In an interview with UK's Empire Online, director Rob Bowman stated that the original director's cut was a R-rated film and he had to tone the film down (due to contractual obligations) which I think is a shame.

• Aug 16, 2019

Jennifer Garner inhabits her role with earnest gusto, but Elektra's tone deaf script is too self-serious and bereft of intelligent dialogue to provide engaging thrills.

• Aug 01, 2019

I enjoyed this one despite the poor ratings, but, I did think that the final battle scene could have been better. It does leave it open for sequel.

• Jul 31, 2019

Most underrated superhero movie ever! This was an excellent movie!

Most underrated superhero movie ever! This was an excellent movie!