Enchanted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Enchanted Reviews

Page 1 of 2088
September 14, 2018
The story is predictable and the movie isn't 100% sure if it's a Disney movie with a live-action twist or Disney's Self-Deprecation: The Movie. Yet Enchanted benefits from great performances, especially from Amy Adams, though James Marsden steals the show, catchy songs, tons of laughs and cute animation in the 2D sequences. A fun, all-ages parody of Disney and it's tropes even if how much of a spoof it is is indecisive.
September 2, 2018
Strengths: The film is aptly titled, because Amy Adams (Giselle) is enchanting as the lead. Her performance is very strong and the character is great. She learns a lot throughout the film. The plot allows her to go from hopelessly optimistic cartoonish girl into someone who still romanticizes those things, but does so in a way that is more realistic. Her growth is the true star of the movie. James Marsden (Prince Edward) gives one of his funniest performances ever. He completely jumps into the absurdity of his character and makes it work in a way it otherwise wouldn't have. The movie does a good job playing off the tropes we've come to expect in fairytales. Doing that is perfect when your entire plot is based around taking the overly fairytale things out of the protagonist. As usual, Disney did well with things like music and costumes.

Weaknesses: Though I appreciated that Giselle doesn't end up with the prince, I didn't enjoy the relationship she ends up in. First, if they really wanted to twist the fairytale stuff, she could've finished things alone. If they had to go the route they did, it would've helped to have someone with charisma in the role. Patrick Dempsey (Robert Phillip) have a performance that was as bland as his character's name. The dialogue throughout the film was mostly lackluster outside of Giselle. Almost every scene involving the squirrel featured mediocre animation and wasn't as funny or cute as the creators seemed to intend.

Overall: I heard a ton of great things about this movie. While I can see the appeal, it has too many issues to be great. The things that click do so very well, but when the film misses, it does so by a lot.
½ August 31, 2018
sometimes what you were looking for is not what you were hoping to get, and you find it in places you never would have imagined to look
August 8, 2018
I loved the animation and how it went from animated to live-action. I loved the dialogue and how funny it was. The writing was great and I really liked the story. I loved all of the amazing costumes. The performance from Amy Adams was over the moon spectacular.
August 4, 2018
a twist on the normal Disney princess fairytale. Fantastic!
July 29, 2018
Enchanted is surprisingly a enjoyable, funny, and likable satire of Disney early fairy tales.
July 14, 2018
i love everything about this movie, the songs, the acting, its humor, cant wait for Disenchanted
½ July 13, 2018
Surprisingly good movie..Who would have thought.
June 29, 2018
Cute and self-reflecting, but largely lowbrow satire on the Disney princess trope that lives from it's characters.
June 25, 2018
I just love this movie one of my favorites
April 17, 2018
you want a show, i will give you a show..

Enchanted

The compilation of different borrowed ideas from in house Disney production installed as Easter eggs does bring a smile here and there but the original concept wears off easily for it relies completely onto it throughout the course of the feature. Kevin Lima is at its best on depicting this amusing world and its fine details with the help of its powerful script by Bill Kelly. On performance objective, Amy Adams has got it covered all with a great supporting cast like Susan Sarandon and Timothy Spall. Enchanted works like a charm as a love letter to all the early Disney features but it fails to capture its essence on terms of its sketchy aspects and originality.
½ February 19, 2018
It just has no story that is good
February 13, 2018
|It's a 9 out of 10|
February 7, 2018
A verry charming,heart warming and enchanting movie with a very sweet performance by Amy Adams
January 27, 2018
Best Disney princess movie EVER
December 25, 2017
Nice movie with great actors and awesome songs.
½ December 22, 2017
A wonderful movie to watch with your kids. It is full of good acting and humor. The animation is sweet and Amy Adams is a great princess with a comedic sense and even the cockroach dance could not put me off.
The only annoying scene in the movie is at the very end with the feminist princess reversal.
½ November 28, 2017
We own this movie, and my dear wife chose it for her birthday evening entertainment. Forgot just how endearing it was.

I can't think of an actress more qualified for the princess role in Enchanted than Amy Adams. She is PERFECT in this movie!
November 24, 2017