Enchanted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Enchanted Reviews

Page 1 of 2087
½ June 9, 2017
Finally, I watched this film from beginning to end, and I must say I am delighted. Not only the musical numbers are awesome, three of them were nominated to the Academy Awards, including the exquisite "That's How You Know". It is an homage and a self-parody of all Disney feature films ever. (Seriously, there are references everywhere) and it totally works.
June 1, 2017
I hesitated seeing this movie for a long time, yet woe'th me, I finally withstood it. Not being from LA, New York, or even Florida I find this feces a not-so-uncommon breed of upper urbanist pretentious dribble. True , Adams was gorgeous, yet, why'eth the cliche pro-new Yorker bs? Goes to show that America, (is as far as far as the entertainment industry sees it) only exists where the high-rise condos and the best of elite America can shop. Honestly, who the hell gives their 6-year old a credit card to blow on Bloomingdales and claims to be a humble lawyer. What puke. Goes to show that the elite are completely out of touch with "real". Disgusting.
½ May 30, 2017
A good movie to enjoy with kids and family!
May 15, 2017
If it wasn't for the squirrel this movie would've had 2.5. Loved the squirrel, the animation was pretty great around him. Quirky but I guess it's worth a once watch. It is Disney after all.
May 14, 2017
Fun, silly, light-hearted movie for a lazy Sunday morning. Lots of laughs, some lovely shots of New York City and some actually funny songs (and that is coming from someone who hates musicals). Great!
May 8, 2017
Only the most entertaining crossover movie ever. Instead of a modern man or woman getting caught in an unknown time or place this is a fairy tale character getting caught in New York.
Best Fish out of Water story I have ever seen
Amy Adams is brilliant as a gunning innocent.
April 21, 2017
Mixed feelings: Adams is charming! The comedic potential of fairy tale characters coming into the real world was tapped in Elf. Characters point out that in the real world there isn't always a happy ending yet this movie succumbs to that cliche. Still I liked the conversations between the main characters about what love is, and the theater was laughing out loud in many scenes. More a serious date film than a little kid's movie.
April 15, 2017
I want to see the movie now
½ April 4, 2017
Enchanted is enchanting in truth--the sort of thing that Disney does so well is certainly well done here, with a great cast, wonderful animation, wonderful songs and dance numbers, the whole bang-up show!
March 26, 2017
This was pretty good.
½ March 25, 2017
Enchanted (2007) is not only clever in it's premise, but it's totally irresistible in all the right ways. What really makes this movie work are the characters. Every one of them is perfectly cast and they bring out the best of what their personalities can offer. Giselle does a great job portraying an early Disney princess. Her lovely dialogue and musical numbers are super charming to listen to. Edward is a typical heroic prince and he has a lot of funny moments, Nathaniel and Pip work nicely as comic reliefs, even Queen Narissa is evil in all the right ways especially when it comes to the third act of the movie. The rest of the characters like Robert and Nancy are great for working off the other main characters and the results can be charming, heartfelt or even funny. The film's narrative is a clever take on a Disney princess film and it pokes fun at some of the stereotypes that older Disney movies used to have. You'd have to be a major Disney fan to figure out all of the references the movie makes, because there is a lot of them. I also like how they took the cartoon characters in the real world premise and did something creative and fun with it. I like the idea of the film being set in New York City as it can lead to some beautiful cinematography. It's almost feels like the movie is shot like a traditional Disney animated film but in live action. This is most noticeable in the song sequences which are a lot of fun and they have a great sense of wonder and magic. By far one of my favorite scenes is the ballroom sequence which brings together a lovely musical number and an epic battle scene with Narissa on the Woolworth building. The animation in the beginning should also get some credit because it's beautiful and I really like the color palate they used to create a warm calming feel. The soundtrack is awesome and it has some great songs including "That's how you know" and Ever Ever After". Everything about the score works perfectly both as background music and catchy musical numbers. This is one of my favorite live action movies from Disney and it definitely shows. I may have a few nitpicks, but their very minor and not at all important. This is a Disney classic in my opinion and it will be a movie that will surely have me watching it again and again. (A)
March 11, 2017
Ok, so i'm a big kid and a romantic, oh and I like Amy Adams (who is brilliant in this), oh and the songs are good too.
March 6, 2017
I love it. very good story and acting.
March 4, 2017
Eh, this movie's not for me...its the most corniest disney movie I'd seen.
February 18, 2017
Enchanted is really good
February 17, 2017
Whatever, Disney.
itwasactuallykindofenjoyable AHEM. Er, what did I say?
February 1, 2017
I go to the movies with my children, expecting more than usual princess story of Disney, but I laugh a lot. I love Patrick Dempsey and Amy Adams. Very good humour.
January 14, 2017
2012-07-07 enchanting. Amy Adams is the new Julie Andrews.
2017-01-14 watched again bcs hubby didn't remember it.
January 12, 2017
A pretty funny satire/re-imagining of the classic Disney fairytale tropes.
January 5, 2017
I must admit, I'm slightly intrigued. Maybe I'll wait to see it with my kids.
Page 1 of 2087