Enchanted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Enchanted Reviews

Page 1 of 2086
½ December 8, 2016
Enchanted is directed by Kevin Lima, and it stars Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey, and James Marsden in a hybrid live-action and animation musical about a princess that was about to be married to a prince tomorrow, but the old witch doesn't like that and sends Giselle (Amy Adams) to the real world in New York City where everything is completely different wise and doesn't know where she is. Seeing Disney making a film that's a satire of the old Disney films, is pretty interesting, and seeing this, while not entirely a satire, is still one of the most riskiest things that they done in years, and it's really great. Amy Adams does a great job of acting like the typical Disney character in the beginning, and progressed herself throughout the film as a human being. Patrick Dempsey is great at being so confused from Amy Adams's character, and James Marsden is just having a lot of fun in it that he's just a crack-up to watch. The characters are very memorable and give off a lot of funny jokes, and the satire is pretty good. The songs are very good and can get people humming some songs from this. The animation looks a bit different, but still impressive looking, and the CGI looked better than I thought was going to be from a bit old Disney movie. The writing is tightly-constructed that I'm surprised that it's as good as it can get good with it. The villain is decent, but the only problem I had with it, is that the film doesn't really explain well about why the villain wanted to take the heroine down. Enchanted is better than I thought was going to be and was just a great time to watch.
½ November 27, 2016
One of the most genius concepts ever made by Disney. Amy kills it!
November 23, 2016
This is a wonderful, feel good film. It makes you want to believe in fairytales and true love. Amy Adams is simply amazing; she is like a real life Disney princess. Worth seeing!
November 14, 2016
Smart, wholesome and enjoyable. Amy Adams was born to play Giselle.
November 9, 2016
Call me crazy, but this is one of Amy Adams' best performances.
October 15, 2016
OMG I love Amy Adams and Patrick Demesy in this movie! They have such great chemistry!!!
½ October 6, 2016
In my opinion the best Disney princess movie.
September 21, 2016
That is so delightful. It does like Disney Renaissance.
½ August 23, 2016
Enchanted is downright hilarious, and Amy Adams shines here. The movie turns from dark to mystical to full of humor, and then back to dark again. And believe it or not, the movie has depth.
August 21, 2016
An underrated disney gem, one of disney's smartest movies. Wonderful songs, sharp humor and mockery of fairytale cliches make this book truly unique. Only disney would be able to make fun of themselves so well and so humorously.
August 1, 2016
This movie is so cute, funny, entertaining, and great for the whole family! I just love Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsy! And James Marsden is so funny as the Prince!!
July 20, 2016
Inventive, smart and entertaining, Enchanted will please both adults and children thanks largely to Amy Adams' irrepressible charm on the lead.
July 18, 2016
Unfortunately I'm too much of a grump to appreciate this endlessly bubbly half-parody, half-love letter to Disney from Disney by Disney.
½ July 6, 2016
A pretty funny satire/re-imagining of the classic Disney fairytale tropes.
June 27, 2016
Enchanted is imaginative and clever. A movie that starts off animated and then transforms into the real world is brilliant. This movie is fascinating. I would suggest this movie.
June 25, 2016
A real flesh and blood princess ... A fairy tale in real life ... amazing
June 24, 2016
Hilarious & Brilliant :)
½ June 19, 2016
Fun, bright and charming.
June 17, 2016
Amy Adams steals the show in this wonderfully hilarious and touching Disney story.
June 16, 2016
It is a good movie with a mix of modern life and pure fairytale. But sometimes it was too much, even for a fairytale. Amy Adams played perfectly the lost princess.
C'est un bon film qui mélange la vie d'aujourd'hui et un conte de fées, mais des fois, ça tombe presque trop dans le romantique cul-cul. Mais c'est un conte de fées, alors... Amy Adams joue la princesse désemparée à la perfection.
Page 1 of 2086