Enchanted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Enchanted Reviews

Page 1 of 2087
April 21, 2017
Mixed feelings: Adams is charming! The comedic potential of fairy tale characters coming into the real world was tapped in Elf. Characters point out that in the real world there isn't always a happy ending yet this movie succumbs to that cliche. Still I liked the conversations between the main characters about what love is, and the theater was laughing out loud in many scenes. More a serious date film than a little kid's movie.
April 15, 2017
I want to see the movie now
½ April 4, 2017
Enchanted is enchanting in truth--the sort of thing that Disney does so well is certainly well done here, with a great cast, wonderful animation, wonderful songs and dance numbers, the whole bang-up show!
March 26, 2017
This was pretty good.
½ March 25, 2017
Enchanted (2007) is not only clever in it's premise, but it's totally irresistible in all the right ways. What really makes this movie work are the characters. Every one of them is perfectly cast and they bring out the best of what their personalities can offer. Giselle does a great job portraying an early Disney princess. Her lovely dialogue and musical numbers are super charming to listen to. Edward is a typical heroic prince and he has a lot of funny moments, Nathaniel and Pip work nicely as comic reliefs, even Queen Narissa is evil in all the right ways especially when it comes to the third act of the movie. The rest of the characters like Robert and Nancy are great for working off the other main characters and the results can be charming, heartfelt or even funny. The film's narrative is a clever take on a Disney princess film and it pokes fun at some of the stereotypes that older Disney movies used to have. You'd have to be a major Disney fan to figure out all of the references the movie makes, because there is a lot of them. I also like how they took the cartoon characters in the real world premise and did something creative and fun with it. I like the idea of the film being set in New York City as it can lead to some beautiful cinematography. It's almost feels like the movie is shot like a traditional Disney animated film but in live action. This is most noticeable in the song sequences which are a lot of fun and they have a great sense of wonder and magic. By far one of my favorite scenes is the ballroom sequence which brings together a lovely musical number and an epic battle scene with Narissa on the Woolworth building. The animation in the beginning should also get some credit because it's beautiful and I really like the color palate they used to create a warm calming feel. The soundtrack is awesome and it has some great songs including "That's how you know" and Ever Ever After". Everything about the score works perfectly both as background music and catchy musical numbers. This is one of my favorite live action movies from Disney and it definitely shows. I may have a few nitpicks, but their very minor and not at all important. This is a Disney classic in my opinion and it will be a movie that will surely have me watching it again and again. (A)
March 11, 2017
Ok, so i'm a big kid and a romantic, oh and I like Amy Adams (who is brilliant in this), oh and the songs are good too.
March 6, 2017
I love it. very good story and acting.
March 4, 2017
Eh, this movie's not for me...its the most corniest disney movie I'd seen.
February 18, 2017
Enchanted is really good
February 17, 2017
Whatever, Disney.
itwasactuallykindofenjoyable AHEM. Er, what did I say?
February 1, 2017
I go to the movies with my children, expecting more than usual princess story of Disney, but I laugh a lot. I love Patrick Dempsey and Amy Adams. Very good humour.
January 14, 2017
2012-07-07 enchanting. Amy Adams is the new Julie Andrews.
2017-01-14 watched again bcs hubby didn't remember it.
January 12, 2017
A pretty funny satire/re-imagining of the classic Disney fairytale tropes.
January 5, 2017
I must admit, I'm slightly intrigued. Maybe I'll wait to see it with my kids.
December 15, 2016
So embarrassing that I love this film
December 15, 2016
i had forgotten how beautiful this movie wassssssss <3
December 12, 2016
Inspiring and magical. You get the best of both worlds with animated and real life. It still has the innocence of a child, yet fun for adults. The music and choreography is amazing and super fun. It references most other Disney princess classics, yet still has its own original story. The different emotions and experiences Giselle faces for the first time draws you in so much, you feel like you're also experiencing all of these scary, beautiful, wonderful things for the first time together. It is a magical fun adventure the whole family can enjoy. You get that heartfelt, warm, fuzzy, butterflies in your tummy feeling that just makes you want to dance, sing, laugh, or cry. Her clothes are beautiful, definitely remind me a little of princess meets Stepford Wife.I love everything about this movie. I just wish she was recognized as of the Disney princesses. If Mulan is considered a princess, then why not Giselle? This movie draws you in as she not only finds true love, but also herslf. A remarkable and enchanting story that you can't help but fall in love with from the very beginning. If that isn't enough for you, it also has the future Disney Princess Elsa! I have to say that Enchanted is without a doubt, the best Disney princess movie ever, I would know, I'm a former Disney employee.
½ December 8, 2016
Enchanted is directed by Kevin Lima, and it stars Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey, and James Marsden in a hybrid live-action and animation musical about a princess that was about to be married to a prince tomorrow, but the old witch doesn't like that and sends Giselle (Amy Adams) to the real world in New York City where everything is completely different wise and doesn't know where she is. Seeing Disney making a film that's a satire of the old Disney films, is pretty interesting, and seeing this, while not entirely a satire, is still one of the most riskiest things that they done in years, and it's really great. Amy Adams does a great job of acting like the typical Disney character in the beginning, and progressed herself throughout the film as a human being. Patrick Dempsey is great at being so confused from Amy Adams's character, and James Marsden is just having a lot of fun in it that he's just a crack-up to watch. The characters are very memorable and give off a lot of funny jokes, and the satire is pretty good. The songs are very good and can get people humming some songs from this. The animation looks a bit different, but still impressive looking, and the CGI looked better than I thought was going to be from a bit old Disney movie. The writing is tightly-constructed that I'm surprised that it's as good as it can get good with it. The villain is decent, but the only problem I had with it, is that the film doesn't really explain well about why the villain wanted to take the heroine down. Enchanted is better than I thought was going to be and was just a great time to watch.
½ November 27, 2016
One of the most genius concepts ever made by Disney. Amy kills it!
November 23, 2016
This is a wonderful, feel good film. It makes you want to believe in fairytales and true love. Amy Adams is simply amazing; she is like a real life Disney princess. Worth seeing!
Page 1 of 2087