Enter the Dragon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Enter the Dragon Reviews

October 23, 2016
The quintessential Kung-Fu action flick that made Bruce Lee an international star.

Despite being a tad dated, this is still a fantastic action movie through and through.

It's well-directed, the music by Lalo Schifrin is great, and the action is fast and well-choreographed.

All three of the main leads are also great (Bruce Lee, John Saxon, Jim Kelly).
½ October 7, 2016
16/02/13: What an athlete
September 19, 2016
If it wouldnt be for Bruce Lees quicker than quick moves, this movie would just be a James Bond look-a-like. Sadly the story is totally week, though some of the action pays the bill.
September 18, 2016
Danny Peary's book Cult Movies makes these points:
-kung fu pics took a position in reaction to Communist Chinese film narratives: "Chinese of same social standing - but of different martial arts schools - fighting one another; with heroes working individually to defeat a villain who does not represent an oppressive government... but is a a gangster, racketeer, and a murderer, whom the government has no love for either."
-the flaws in the film: Lee unhappily departed from his trademark (i.e.taking the side of the little guy) to be a James Bond figure; inconsistencies in the story; no time element.
-what sets Lee apart from other 'chop socky' stars: no root philosophical base, own stunts. And oh yeah, Lee is "the most charismatic sexual film personality of the period". The film objectifies his body and makes sexual metaphors about him.
September 11, 2016
The best action movie that one can watch with 0-end full thrill.
September 10, 2016
Enter the Dragon has good action sequences with the last fight being excellent, that entire ending sequence is superb, the plot is solid and the film is very well made and quite entertaining, but it is still a bit overrated as the characters are rather forgettable, the film is too simplistic and some of its parts are very problematic. It's a good film, but far from a great one.
September 7, 2016
Bruce Lee's final film and one of his finest. Enter the Dragon has brilliant fighting sequences and beautiful Asian set design, but the addition of blaxploitation was not the wisest idea, which ruined the mood.
August 29, 2016
The movie that made Bruce Lee a worldwide legend, Enter the Dragon is a colorful romp with memorable characters, a straightforward tournament story, amazing Martial Arts sequences, and Lee's unmatched philosophy, presence and skill.
August 12, 2016
A classic, badass kung fu movie. Though I've seen Bruce Lee do more impressive fight choreography, I think the simplicity and brutality of the fight scenes make the movie all the more exciting and gritty.
June 16, 2016
He will always be the man
June 14, 2016
Anyone saying anything bad about thus performance is obviously biased. Anyone saying anything great about this movie is also being biased. Bruce Lee had a way of affecting his viewers in that way. Captivating his audience with legendary skill.
June 12, 2016
Enter the Dragon (1973) ????
Classic action film details Lee who investigates strange island fortress headed by dangerous crime lord hosting "epic" martial arts tournament. Vivid, dizzying, dazzling; a masterpiece of action (many scenes and images have become iconic). Final sequence in mirror room will drive you right up the wall. High-powered excitement all the way.
May 5, 2016
This is the film that made the legendary martial arts icon Bruce Lee into a global, if sadly posthumous, international superstar; shockingly he died of cerebral edema at the age of 32; just six days before the film's release. The story takes place in Hong Kong circa 1973, where Han who is played wonderfully by the late Shih Kien who delivers a deliciously wicked performance as a renegade Shaolin Monk that is now a major crime lord in the opium trade and owns a fortress-like palace on his own private island, where he traffics in drug-addicted sex slaves and holds a tri-annual martial arts tournament. Mr. Lee is a member of the Shaolin Temple a master of the physical and spiritual disciplines of the martial arts, he is played brilliantly by the late great Bruce Lee who delivers charismatic performance. He has learned that Han's right-hand man and personal bodyguard the fearsome Oharra, played terrifically by real-life karate champion Bob Wall in a nearly wordless performance, is responsible for the death of his sister Su-Li, played with grit by real-life Hapkido expert Angelina Mao Ying. To avenge his sister and restore honor to the Shaolin Temple that Han has disgraced, Mr. Lee agrees to work with the authorities and enter the tournament undercover as their agent, in order to gain access to the island and collect evidence against Han. Among the other contestants are two Americans who cannot return to the Untied States, Roper, played superbly by veteran character actor John Saxon who is a gambler and in big debt with the mob, who are looking to kill him for the big money he owes them, and Williams, an Afro wearing, black power rebel who is played with some gutsy funk by the real-life middleweight karate champion, the late Jim Kelly who is a wanted man for assaulting a couple of racist cops who were out to beat him down for kicks. The tournament competition and fight scenes on Han's remote island are exciting and well-staged by Lee. The two high point in the film is Lee's magnificent fight with Han's guards in his hidden underground narcotics factory and slave prison. Lee takes on dozens of armed men by himself; and the memorable climatic hall of mirrors fight to the death with the evil Han himself. Bruce Lee's amazing lighting fast fighting skill and his incredible fight choreography are why we are watching, as a matter of fact Lee was so fast that film's cameramen were eventually forced to film in slow motion simply to catch his lighting fast moves during the fight sequences. Lee was a pure movie star with a one-of-a-kind screen presence, his charisma is carried so effortlessly, that we forget the action scenes, just watch him move, watch him cross a room, there's never been and never will be anyone quite like him, as Martial Artist and a fight choreographer he is unequaled. "Enter the Dragon" is the crown-jewel of Bruce Lee's cinematic legacy and a much beloved Martial Arts film classic. Highly Recommended.
½ April 10, 2016
If you excuse the rather mediocre acting and writing, you will enjoy this very fine martial arts movie, starring a Bruce Lee on top of his game and featuring several very good action sequences. It's a seminal film in its genre and it is not hard to see why.
March 17, 2016
La más disfrutable de las flojas películas de Bruce Lee, ese gran genio tan mal llevado en la pantalla.
½ February 20, 2016
Didn't really care for this movie. Not all that. I'll watch "Rush Hour" with Jackie Chan over this anytime.
February 7, 2016
Bruce Lee is quite the fighter I know I would not want to mess with him he is a very good at Marshall arts. This movie is good but violence
I do not recommend this to kids
January 26, 2016
So I've finally seen Enter the Dragon and it was well worth the wait. I know very little about Kung-fu or martial arts in general but I have nothing against the genres, I just haven't seen many of the films. Is this the greatest martial arts film of all time? I think you'd probably see more martial arts in most other films of the genres, I was actually surprised by the lack of fighting but what I was also surprised by, pleasantly that is, was how close to the 70's exploitation films it was. I love the 70's and this film has the 70's written all over it, I think that is why I instantly love it
January 25, 2016
Brilliant film. While kitchy at times, its both riveting and beautifully filmed. Suberb cinematography and fighting choreography, its no wonder Lee inspired a generation or more with this film.