Enter the Dragon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Enter the Dragon Reviews

½ April 2, 2018
Just watched this for the first time and now all I want to do is go kick someone.
March 10, 2018
This movie has done so much for the martial arts community, and help unify people from different backgrounds. it also has a nice balance of acting from john saxon.
February 18, 2018
A Truly Classic Action Movie
February 17, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
½ January 22, 2018
A pop culture gem of a film, watching "Enter the Dragon" is like watching a comic book come to life but without any of the superpowers. Lee's choreography and super hard work/passion shines especially when placed in well-shot locations that take advantage of different fighting scenarios.
The entire film crew deliver a piece of work that is rich with culture, colours, music, period pieces from the 70s, and of course, action where the post production sound effects make you feel every bone crushing hit the actors deliver to each other.
The film is light on plot, but honestly, the plot is not the focus, but rather, an excusable vehicle to showcase Lee's unprecedented work where the villains get what they deserve and the heroes do their best to reach their dreams.
The amount of passion put into the film just leaps off the screen and everybody involved deserves an applause. There is a reason why it sparked the popularity of Martial Arts and helped inspire many others from filmmakers to bodybuilders. I bow my head down to the late great master...but I'll make sure to keep my eyes on the prize!
½ January 11, 2018
Stylish, impressive and tremendous influence for generations of fighters.
December 27, 2017
I don't see what the fuss is about. It was pretty good, though cheezy and campy, kung fu movie full of action and Bruce Lee being a silly badass. The story was ok, the plot of contrived, but it was entertaining nonetheless. Couple comedic moments, couple brutal moments, nothing surprising or unexpected. The effects were cheap, the sound was bad, the acting was embarrassing.
November 7, 2017
one of the best Bruce Lee movies
October 30, 2017
generally undeveloped in sense of story, screenplay and some other aspects, but it's a classical Bruce Lee moive and it should be treated like that
½ October 29, 2017
just the mirrored-room fight scene alone makes this worth a viewing
September 3, 2017
I watched this when I was younger and I liked it Bruce Lee was cool in this movie but now I'm not a fan of the movie because I just find it to old-fashioned
August 21, 2017
Superb martial arts action, with great supporting players, definitely Bruce Lee at his finest!
July 24, 2017
Lee's genre defying martial art epic is an utter blast to behold. It's slick, well told and the action sequences are truly stunning to see unfold. It's restricted to what it should and needs to be, never excessive or unnecessary in any scene. Lee is magnificent and really epitomises the action hero throughout with memorable quips and iconography that have stood the test of time. It's climax and finale is a thing of utter beauty.
½ July 22, 2017
When it comes to martial arts no one has achieved as much popularity as pop culture legend Bruce Lee, even if only appeared in five feature films with only one being an American production: The influential "Enter the Dragon". Considering its impact in pop culture, is this the classic many people claim it is?

Lee is a highly skilled martial artist that is tasked by the British intelligence to investigate a crime lord called Han, by attending martial arts tournament.

When you watch any genre movie you have different expectations: With horror we expect good scares, comedy with good jokes, spy movies with cool/memorable gadgets and tremendous action sequences, etc. So when it comes to martial arts movies we expect some well-choreographed action sequences and to be highly entertaining and "Enter the Dragon" succeeds at this. Being a B movie, this Bruce Lee film has a cheesy plot, wooden acting, hilariously dated special effects, forgettable characters and eye roll inducing dialog. However despite its numerous flaws this film stands out and deserves its reputation. "Enter the Dragon" has outstanding fighting scenes (which is not surprising considering that most people in here are martial artists but still, the results are tremendous), spectacular stunts, the score is fantastic, the pacing is spot on, and overall it is quite entertaining. However the greatest thing about this film isn't the martial arts themselves but the incredible production design as it is quite simple but surprisingly effective and unforgettable. From the simple tournament setting to the villainīs iconic lair, this production design has been imitated to death ("Man with the Golden Gun" and "Mortal Kombat" being the first ones that come to mind) but never duplicated.

"Enter the Dragon" is a well-made film that not only fulfills its duty of giving the audience fantastic action sequences but it also shines due to its production design. A highly entertaining film worth seeing.
July 4, 2017
3/5 stars

Pretty cheesy. At times it came across more like an Austin powers movie than a serious movie.

There were a few stunningly good fight scenes with lots of cheesy scenes.

I probably should give this a 2.5 but given that it was the first Bruce Lee movie I've seen and this is supposedly one of his best I'm giving a slight sympathy boost.

I'd take Drunken Master over this any day.
June 6, 2017
The movie that made Bruce Lee a worldwide legend, Enter the Dragon is a colorful romp with memorable characters, a straightforward tournament story, amazing Martial Arts sequences, and Lee's unmatched philosophy, presence and skill.
May 13, 2017
The first true martial arts movie I took the time to watch and perhaps the last. I don't understand why it is so highly regarded. There is no real story, so unless you enjoy cheesy Kung fu you will have a hard time watching this movie. (First and only viewing - 1/23/2014)
½ May 2, 2017
Hears a martial arts movie with Bruce lee he is a good fighter in this movie! Kids should not see this
April 26, 2017
Awesome kung fu movie
½ March 20, 2017
Very good and awesome. Some of the best martial arts action I have seen, ever. Bruce Lee is so cool in this movie. A must-see.