Enter the Dragon Reviews

• Apr 13, 2019

Almost 2 stars because of bruce lee,horrible acting,bad story,not good martial arts,alow kicks and boring,stupid villain also,Bloodsport is wayy better

• Mar 22, 2019

The literal definition of badass

The literal definition of badass

• Mar 04, 2019

Enter the Dragon gets off to a slow start, but ultimately satisfies with a highly enjoyable martial arts finale.

• Jan 31, 2019

Awesome movie! I’ve seen many martial arts movies after seeing this because I was such a fan, and I can’t find a better one! Bruce Lee was the best in martial arts movies. He was to martial arts movies like John Wayne was to westerns, you can’t find a better actor in the genre.

• Jan 26, 2019

The best thrilling movie ever made! With the best movie character ever portrayed: Bruce Lee as Lee!

• Jan 20, 2019

Bruce Lee had toothpick legs. No wonder he wore baggy pants all the time.But that's beside the point. The first 30-45 minutes is such slow buildup. You could fast forward through a big chunk of this and not miss anything important. Do NOT, though, miss the final fight in front of the mirrors.

• Dec 30, 2018

The greatest martial arts movie I have ever seen. Bruce Lee is amazing and I have yet to see anything that comes close to this classic.

• Nov 19, 2018

Enter the Dragon is a structural mess of story. It starts out alright because it takes a few minutes to establish all our main protagonists so we can see why they are participating in the tournament. But once the characters start heading to the tournament and all throughout the tournament proceedings it is a jumbled mess of nonsense. It was so hard to track what anyone was doing or hoping to attain at any given moment. The tournament itself lacked any logical structure. In fact for a good portion of the movie I had a hard time figuring out which person was supposed to be the primary villain of the story. Also there were a few actors in the film that never convinced me that they had much martial arts talent, particularly John Saxon, which is a big problem in this type of movie. I’m not saying he is completely worthless in the fight scenes, but it was hard to buy him defeating some of the more skilled stuntmen. The reason I talk about all that frustration I experienced with the plot of the film and some of the actors, is because I’m trying to mentally reconcile the fact that the movie was full of flaws and yet I had a blast watching it. It’s so odd to have your brain saying something is not good, but at the same time in the back of your head a voice keeps telling you “This is awesome!” It touched on some deeper more visceral part of my mind that reacts on instinct instead of logic The fight choreography is remarkable, and loaded with exaggerated sound effects that make it feel more intense. Robert Clouse knows how to shoot the fights to keep them exciting, and also knows the perfect moment to utilize slow motion to increase the impact of any given kick or punch. Even when I didn’t fully understand the motivations of the two characters in a fight it didn’t matter to me because I was excited about the skill involved and how it would end. Part of the reason I found Enter the Dragon so engaging is the remarkable talent of Bruce Lee. I knew he was amazing at martial arts, and the fights that he staged in this film prove his skill. What I didn’t know before watching this movie is how charming he was as an actor. He has a suave style that makes you instantly like him the moment he walks on screen. He has a magnetic personality, and he also can portray sorrow and other complex emotions. It increased my emotional investment in the film simply because I felt he was impacted by all that happened to his character. And since he was the one in peril in the climax, I was more worried than I might have been in any other nonsensical movie like this one. Needless to say, I struggled with some important aspects of Enter the Dragon, and under any other circumstances I could see myself saying it was terrible and that I hate it. However, I had a ton of fun watching the movie, and I’d love to see more from Bruce Lee.

• Oct 19, 2018

Undoubtedly one of the best performances of Bruce Lee, full of action and other fight scenes. Very good. Highly recommend.

• Sep 25, 2018

Not as memorable as I thought it would be. I really loved the goofy characters and the mirror scene though.