Face/Off - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Face/Off Reviews

½ October 17, 2016
½ October 17, 2016
With enough ridiculous action to make Michael Bay drool, Face/Off is an action movie lovers ultimate fantasy. The sequences (particularly the ending) are so long sometimes and exhausting that you start to no longer enjoy them. Rating: 7 / 10
October 7, 2016
One of the best action movies of all time!! Can't never get enough of this movie.....
September 16, 2016
how do you spell awsome
September 9, 2016
Messy script and very silly at times, but one my top 5 action movies ever. The silliness is made up for by the sick & twisted feel and brilliant direction by John Woo. The 2 leads are awesome, but Nicolas Cage is perfect as both Archer and Troy. Face Off is timeless awesomeness.
½ August 28, 2016
The quentissential Nicolas Cage/Later Travolta film. Caster Troy's assgrab face and Travolta's "Weee! What a predicament!" are over the top performances you will never forget.
August 7, 2016
Very fun to watch although it was extremely far fetched.
July 30, 2016
There is no better film than Face/Off. There is no better Cage film than Face/Off. Travolta will not outdo himself for a decade until he goes drag for Hairspray. Featuring such Cage-isms as teaching your daughter to use a butterfly knife, killing your nemesis with a harpoon, dancing while you disarm a bomb and dreamily ad-libbing the famous line "I'm going to take his face... off," this is a lifetime must-see for all non-blind humans. Even the blind could probably stand to gain from this bad boy. I think Cage deserves more credit than John Woo but thanks for trying. God bless you, Nicolas Coppola
July 28, 2016
I could take down so many bad guys if I could just get my hands on that face off machine.
½ July 13, 2016
Silly with some over the top performances, but a pretty fun movie nonetheless.
July 1, 2016
A Outra Face é um filme estadunidense de 1997, do gênero ação, dirigido por John Woo e estrelado por John Travolta e Nicolas Cage
½ June 23, 2016
Pretty killer thriller
June 11, 2016
A film without every collection of movies shall seem incomplete!
½ June 2, 2016
Stupidly awesome and awesomely stupid; it's undeniably entertaining, despite some of it being unintentional. Although, I gotta say, I'm thinking most of Nicholas Cage's wackiness was on purpose (maybe not to John Woo, but at least to Cage himself).
June 2, 2016
It's ludicrous, insane and yet brilliant with Woo's direction and wall to wall action and the performances from Cage and Travolta.
May 6, 2016
Well for a start you can't knock this film for being the same old action film, It stands out from the rest thanks to a great well told plot that yes is very silly but works very well, Travolta and Cage work well together and play both their parts very well good and evil, I'm not the biggest Woo fan as I always find his over the top action to just get too silly to take seriously, But it's Woos best film and will probably remain to be too, It's full of well shot action scenes that are great fun, I did feel the ending could if had an extra twist as I'm not the biggest fan of happy endings but maybe it was the right choice overall, Great entertainment from start to finish and that's all we ask for in a action film.
May 1, 2016
The action, characters, and dark humor makes up for the ridiculous plot points and the over-the-top acting, which in this case it benefits the film.
April 10, 2016
This is the worst movie ever
½ April 7, 2016
Would have been even better if it was cut down to about an hour and a half. 3.5 stars.
March 21, 2016
Face/Off is the first film that John Woo got full creative control of it, and it turned out to be a very fun movie that takes a new twist to the cat-and-mouse genre. In the beginning, Nicolas Cage is just having fun in it, and John Travolta is good. The action is exciting in an over the top way, and when it gets to the middle, Nicolas Cage is really great at doing some drama moments, and John Travolta is enjoyably over the top. It's really funny, and has some heartfelt moments. It has some moments that make no sense, heck, even dumb too, but I didn't care less as I had a lot of fun with Face/Off which Michael Bay wishes his films to be like this.