Face/Off - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Face/Off Reviews

December 24, 2016
90s classic. Good memories of this film.
December 23, 2016
If i most pick my favorite action movie of all time i guese it will be Face/Off ....Seen the the 6th time i think ! Great performaces from Travolta and Cage....Oooohh i Lovvve it . SOMVIDEO
December 18, 2016
Such a sick film. over the top gnarleyness mememalicious. Stop what you're doing and watch this amazing film.
December 16, 2016
sci-fi thrillers of the great old era, with the touch action of Woo
December 1, 2016
I've never been a strong believer in the concept of movies that are "so bad they're good." But if there ever was an example to prove me wrong it might have to be Face/Off. This movie is based on a stupid premise, it has a horrible script, and it includes every kind of excess you can imagine. Everything that went into this movie screams "BAD", but somehow what came out on the other end was pure, balls-to-the-wall FUN! You have 2 of the craziest actors of all time (Travolta and Cage) both overacting to a degree that looks downright painful. Meanwhile, director John Woo doesn't want to be outdone by these big acting performances so he makes a world full of gasoline so that everything will blow up fantastically, he has doves flying everywhere, and he includes a plethora of Mexican stand-offs involving more and more people every time. Yes, the science behind this movie is insane, and the plot makes no sense at all, so I'm never going to rate/rank it all that highly because I see all the flaws. However, this is one film I can't imagine someone watching and saying "That was boring." It's as if every 5 minutes the movie gets a shot of pure adrenaline right in the heart and it never lets down. The acting is over-the-top, the action is even more over-the-top, and any time you think John Woo will step off that gas pedal, he mashes it down to the floorboards again. It's so odd, because I don't like Face/Off in the way that I like good movies, the whole thing is so dumb! Is a movie really good when it's not intended to be a comedy but I can't stop laughing throughout? Despite my reservations, I'll watch Face/Off any time because it is one of the best "shut off your brain" popcorn blockbusters of all time.
November 9, 2016
Crazy storyline which seems to work. Some nice gun to fun standoffs. Can't imagine anyone else starring in this - Travolta and Cage are perfect. Decent direction by John Woo.
October 27, 2016
Best action movie of '97? maybe..but definitely a solid movie with really good performances .Travolta impersonating Cage and Cage impersonating Travolta..uggh just brilliant.
½ October 17, 2016
Nicolas Cage ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
½ October 17, 2016
With enough ridiculous action to make Michael Bay drool, Face/Off is an action movie lovers ultimate fantasy. The sequences (particularly the ending) are so long sometimes and exhausting that you start to no longer enjoy them. Rating: 7 / 10
October 7, 2016
One of the best action movies of all time!! Can't never get enough of this movie.....
September 16, 2016
how do you spell awsome
September 9, 2016
Messy script and very silly at times, but one my top 5 action movies ever. The silliness is made up for by the sick & twisted feel and brilliant direction by John Woo. The 2 leads are awesome, but Nicolas Cage is perfect as both Archer and Troy. Face Off is timeless awesomeness.
½ August 28, 2016
The quentissential Nicolas Cage/Later Travolta film. Caster Troy's assgrab face and Travolta's "Weee! What a predicament!" are over the top performances you will never forget.
August 7, 2016
Very fun to watch although it was extremely far fetched.
July 30, 2016
There is no better film than Face/Off. There is no better Cage film than Face/Off. Travolta will not outdo himself for a decade until he goes drag for Hairspray. Featuring such Cage-isms as teaching your daughter to use a butterfly knife, killing your nemesis with a harpoon, dancing while you disarm a bomb and dreamily ad-libbing the famous line "I'm going to take his face... off," this is a lifetime must-see for all non-blind humans. Even the blind could probably stand to gain from this bad boy. I think Cage deserves more credit than John Woo but thanks for trying. God bless you, Nicolas Coppola
July 28, 2016
I could take down so many bad guys if I could just get my hands on that face off machine.
½ July 13, 2016
Silly with some over the top performances, but a pretty fun movie nonetheless.
July 1, 2016
A Outra Face é um filme estadunidense de 1997, do gênero ação, dirigido por John Woo e estrelado por John Travolta e Nicolas Cage
½ June 23, 2016
Pretty killer thriller
June 11, 2016
A film without every collection of movies shall seem incomplete!