Face/Off - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Face/Off Reviews

½ July 13, 2016
Silly with some over the top performances, but a pretty fun movie nonetheless.
July 1, 2016
A Outra Face é um filme estadunidense de 1997, do gênero ação, dirigido por John Woo e estrelado por John Travolta e Nicolas Cage
½ June 23, 2016
Pretty killer thriller
June 11, 2016
A film without every collection of movies shall seem incomplete!
½ June 2, 2016
Stupidly awesome and awesomely stupid; it's undeniably entertaining, despite some of it being unintentional. Although, I gotta say, I'm thinking most of Nicholas Cage's wackiness was on purpose (maybe not to John Woo, but at least to Cage himself).
June 2, 2016
It's ludicrous, insane and yet brilliant with Woo's direction and wall to wall action and the performances from Cage and Travolta.
May 6, 2016
Well for a start you can't knock this film for being the same old action film, It stands out from the rest thanks to a great well told plot that yes is very silly but works very well, Travolta and Cage work well together and play both their parts very well good and evil, I'm not the biggest Woo fan as I always find his over the top action to just get too silly to take seriously, But it's Woos best film and will probably remain to be too, It's full of well shot action scenes that are great fun, I did feel the ending could if had an extra twist as I'm not the biggest fan of happy endings but maybe it was the right choice overall, Great entertainment from start to finish and that's all we ask for in a action film.
May 1, 2016
The action, characters, and dark humor makes up for the ridiculous plot points and the over-the-top acting, which in this case it benefits the film.
April 10, 2016
This is the worst movie ever
½ April 7, 2016
Would have been even better if it was cut down to about an hour and a half. 3.5 stars.
March 21, 2016
Face/Off is the first film that John Woo got full creative control of it, and it turned out to be a very fun movie that takes a new twist to the cat-and-mouse genre. In the beginning, Nicolas Cage is just having fun in it, and John Travolta is good. The action is exciting in an over the top way, and when it gets to the middle, Nicolas Cage is really great at doing some drama moments, and John Travolta is enjoyably over the top. It's really funny, and has some heartfelt moments. It has some moments that make no sense, heck, even dumb too, but I didn't care less as I had a lot of fun with Face/Off which Michael Bay wishes his films to be like this.
½ March 15, 2016
This is over-the-top, nonsensical, awesomeness! It's beautifully stylized and again I just love the extreme overreactive-ness it has. Great job Travolta, great job Cage, and great job director John Woo!
February 6, 2016
Such a stupid movie that's way more entertaining than it has any right to be
½ January 21, 2016
Despite good performances from Cage and Travolta, this is the most ridiculous "blockbuster" of all time. Switching faces and physiques to exactly resemble each other, with a post-surgery healing/recovery time of 30 minutes? Beyond silly! Even if it's free, don't waste your time with this pile.
January 17, 2016
Nicolas Cage and John Travolta made this over top and utterly ridiculous action movie work and Director John woo add his emotional and gory touches.
½ January 12, 2016
As long as you don't let yourself take it too seriously, Face/Off is a stylish and intriguing spectacle that is all the more mesmerizing thanks to chameleon performances from Cage and Travolta.
½ January 6, 2016
Love these two actors together in a action film against each other.
½ December 17, 2015
Wild, over-the-top bombastic action that only John Woo can deliver. His last movie, before his long slump. Travolta and Cage overreact so hard in this one, and it's awesome. lol
½ December 14, 2015
Hilarious, fun and one of the best action movies from the 90's.
December 12, 2015
The stylistic violence is often extended beyond what it needs to be and some of Nicolas Cage's characters antics are truly bizarre, but he and John Travolta's interplay and their ability to portray the other make this truly unique film worth watching.