The Family Stone Reviews

• Jul 25, 2019

Sarah Jessica Parker saves this from mediocrity. Not even Dermot Mulroney and Luke Wilson's performances can dent this five star and that really is saying something.

• Jul 19, 2019

If you like the TV show "Modern Family", then you will like this movie. Great acting, along with a great script, makes a perfect night with your love one. On the couch, under the blanket, eating popcorn out of a bowl.

• Jan 04, 2019

The Family Stone is a very underrated and touching holiday film that I have grown to love. The performances are all so natural and you really feel like you're close to the Stone family at Christmas time. Every conversation seems to have meaning and you genuinely care about each one of them. It tells us that it can be a challenge to be around family during the holidays, but seeing the good in everyone and everything can make a difference. It can be predictable at times, but you just feel satisfied by the time the credits roll. (4/5)

• Nov 22, 2018

My favorite Christmas movie. One crazy family comes together for the holidays and is joined by an uptight girlfriend. Hilarity ensures. Luke Wilson is as funny here as he's ever been.

• Nov 22, 2018

Amazing cast, but lackluster writing and aggressive camera shots made for a very disappointing experience.

• Oct 04, 2018

lOVE IT EACH TIME I WATCH IT!

lOVE IT EACH TIME I WATCH IT!

• Sep 06, 2018

generally enjoyable, but tear-jerker ending

generally enjoyable, but tear-jerker ending

• Jul 31, 2018

A lot better than the critics are telling you.

A lot better than the critics are telling you.

• Jun 25, 2018

Cringe family movie and the only good part was claire Danes.

Cringe family movie and the only good part was claire Danes.

• May 13, 2018

Nothing says Christmas like sobbing and or yelling every five minutes, sporadic infidelity, terminal cancer, and a rude bunch of assholes being assholes to each other simply because they're assholes. Even with consistent performances all around, The Family Stone is one of the most tonally nauseating films I have ever seen.