Fantasia Reviews

• 3d ago

Its one of the few disney movies geared more towards adults than kids. Its has some beautiful visuals for something that came out in 80 Years ago.! I can see why a lot of people hold this movie in very high regards.

• 6d ago

Fantasia was a difficult movie to rate and by that I mean, this movie is hindered ever so slightly by what it tried to include. I love the music and the animation is more than superb. However, the explanation in front of every scene was a bit monotonous. I think the explanations were needed and a nice touch, but it just lacked that spark to keep someone that doesn't like classical music interested. I was extremely interested and even I found it hard to stay focused to be honest. If Disney intends to remake this film as well, please for the love of God keep it animated.

• Nov 16, 2019

A true work of genius, with the blending of symphony and animation which was ahead of its time! One film which gets better as I get older.

• Oct 27, 2019

It was ok. The Mickey segment was 5 star material. It was awesome. The half hour after that was also 5 star. But the rest was only 2 star. Mickey and the half hour after that segment were phenominal. They were beautifully done and fun to watch. The rest was kind of boring. Flowers falling, volcanos erupting, whats super exciting about that. I wasn't a fan of the orchestra scenes either. But other than that, yeah it was good. It was amazing on how the animation was done and the Mickey segment was awesome. I wouldn't buy it, but I think I may rent it again.

• Oct 19, 2019

It's good... I liked it fine. The only main problem I have with it is that it takes way too long.

• Oct 15, 2019

A true masterpiece of Animation; mixes classical music and animated shorts in a Majestic way

• Oct 12, 2019

I am a big fan of Walt Disney and Fantasia was no disappointment. If you like bright dazzling effects, brilliant colours and Mickey Mouse, then you'll like Fantasia. The short story of Mickey as the sorcerer apprentice was an absolute classic. The dinosaur scenes kinda reminded me of the land that time forgot. This is just one of those classics that one must-see. Fantasia (1940)

• Aug 23, 2019

A groovy must see classic masterpiece.

A groovy must see classic masterpiece.

• Aug 16, 2019

Very nice animation-lots of iconic scenes but some segments lasted too long for my liking.

• Jul 11, 2019

I find what Disney tried to do with Fantasia to be truly fascinating. Freeing their animators to take some legendary classical music and create a visual depiction of what they hear/feel is an interesting experiment. I also appreciate that they all have a unique feel, as none of the songs (or cartoons) are similar to the ones that came before. But, despite my interest in what they tried to do, I didn’t have a strong connection to the end result. I do appreciate classical music, but I connect more to the orchestra playing it and how it makes me feel. The first song in the film made this obvious to me, because this is where they centered the visuals primarily around showing the orchestra playing the tune. I was able to marvel at the skill they showed, and let the music take me on whatever emotional journey I felt at that time. It was my imagination in control and not the Disney animation team presenting me with dancing mushrooms or crocodiles. When presented with a cartoon, I’m taken out of my own connection with the music and focus solely on the visual story the animators drew from the music. Most of these stories are simplistic or nonsensical and in a way they minimize the magic of what the composer created. That’s not to say that the visuals aren’t charming and fun, but they simply can’t measure up to Beethoven, Stravinsky, Schubert, and all the others. I think the one piece that came the closest to evoking a feel on par with the music was the Night on Bald Mountain sequence. That’s the one that clicks the best out of the bunch. I don’t hold anything against Disney for trying something different, in fact most of us would think it’s pretty awesome if they attempted something this bold nowadays, it’s just that this particular experiment didn’t work as well for me. I’m not one of those people who call it “boring,” but it’s just not for me.