Fantastic Four - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Four Reviews

½ June 4, 2018
It takes an entire group effort to create such a bull $h!t movie. This is a movie so bad it doesn't deserve a review. F*** this movie, f*** the actors, writers and director, and f*** the producers.
May 22, 2018
It was a very good movie.
April 29, 2018
I really LOVE this film
½ April 27, 2018
Slow and dreadful what the fuck
March 24, 2018
"Fantastic Four" has good legs and is well rounded but not as good as it should've been.
March 19, 2018
Fantastic FOUR out of 10
February 4, 2018
Chris Evans and Michael Chiklas give outstanding performances, and define the characters in which they play. Also, I give credit to Julian McMahon for giving a strong villain performance- even if it didn't feel like it was Doctor Doom. Despite this, the lack of a plot, and the woeful miscasting of pretty much everyone else in the film makes this a forgettable B-lost film- which makes it unfortunate that it's the best Fantastic Four movie yet.
½ January 14, 2018
Not great, but it had its moments. I thought the cast was pretty good for the FF, but I don't think Doctor Doom was handled correctly. Chris Evans was great as Johnny Storm. It was funny and amusing, but not a great story at all.
January 10, 2018
What a awesome movie.
December 21, 2017
The plot might be predictable and some of the actors far from charismatic, but "Fantastic Four" is a very pleasant, feel-good movie. There's many laugh-out-loud jokes, the pacing is just right, the effects really good, Chris Evans great, the bridge scene perfect and most of the attempts at serious dialogue/ plot threads rather well-done - I always relish the restricted but existent socially conscious subtext such films have. In the end though this is a winner because it is highly enjoyable.
½ December 16, 2017
Puntaje Original: 5.0

Fantásticamente mala.
½ November 23, 2017
Not the best Marvel movie, but still pretty good.
½ August 31, 2017
I loved this movie when I was 15. Now as an adult I think it's ok.

It's Problems:

Ham fisted plot points: Every Movie has a map of plot points, what makes it not feel like a checklist is when there is a good story around it. That way we flow almost seemingly to every point and enjoy the story and it's developments. This just feels like a checklist. Have the 4 be like a family, lets give them previous history that kinda sorta ties them together. Lets do the same with Doom in regards to them knowing him. Check. Get their powers, Check. Have the powers make them look like their comic counterparts, check. And you get the idea. The most ham fisted one was Ben and Reed getting into a fight. Ben never trusted Doom, but suddenly he's friends with him just cuz Doom talked nice to him and give him food? And then he believes the lies Doom tells him about Reed despite him knowing Reed and being his friend long before he met Doom. I mean Come On.

Relying too much on the human side of things: There's hardly super hero stuff, it's more focused on Sue and Reed's relationship and finding a cure. Sure there is a action scene in the beginning, but they were responsible for what happened on the bridge. But somehow they still got famous and people knew what the human torch is a man on fire, despite him not turning into fire in that fight. What we get after that is a nice fun X Games thing with the human torch, alone. You know this movie would've benefited if it had a smaller villain causing trouble. The end is awesome, though it doesn't last long.

The Green Goblin...I mean Dr Doom: Doom is basically being Goblin from Spiderman 2002, only it's not a side effect of the performance inhancers. While it does make sense that he kills his board members after that he's literally an insane man for no reason. Sure Reed screw him over and put him in a bad position with his company, but that's no reason to terrorize the city. Also How come no one notices his scar is getting worse? Or that he's turning metal?

The Good:

This movie may have been just a check list of plot points but at least it's fun and funny at times. Hell it's even comical when it's trying to be serious. They still behave like a family in this movie, just more dysfunctional and it may have been ham fisted in there but atleast Time Story kinda understood them and tried to do a good job. I used to hate the Johnny Storm moments in this movie when I was 15, but now that Chris is Captain America, it's so funny seeing him play another Marvel character that's almost the complete opposite of Cap. And him showing off his powers is the most we're gonna see after the bridge incident and before the climax.
July 25, 2017
A bickering family comedy suits the source material, the banter isn't terribly clever but it's reasonably fun, the group's arc is well plotted and the pace is nice and zippy. From the interactions to the action Fantastic Four feels very cartoony and it is certainly watchable as a result, but there are downsides to this; it's simplistic and undemanding with two-dimensional characters. This means there's little to latch on to emotionally, it never feels like much is at stake and the speed of events means it passes over things too quickly. All in all the movie feels shallow and because of this it fails to leave much of an impression.
½ July 23, 2017
A movie that never quite crosses the line into spoof territory but would perhaps have been more fun if it had. The plot isn't particularly engaging and the characters are largely forgetable. The movie does have it's moments however and is certainly not as bad as many would have you believe. It could have been a lot better and feels very much like a movie put together by an uninterested committee.
½ July 23, 2017
pretty decent super hero film. good effects.
July 15, 2017
Better than the newest fantastic four
½ July 12, 2017
In some ways, it does stay true to the comics, and gives a relatively believable incarnation of the iconic superhero team, but the effects, acting and even the story is lame.
July 5, 2017
Mal escrito e cenas visualmente desinteressantes, não ha um ritmo que possa empolgar o publico; existe lacunas e cenas de pseudo-ação com atores duvidosos, ha muitos culpados mas, Tim Story foi extramente omisso em sua direção apática, deixando um clássico dos quadrinhos padecer nas letras amargas dos críticos de cinema.