Fathers And Daughters Reviews

• Jul 28, 2019

I just watched this movie with my wife. As we watched this movie, both our children (one of which is my daughter) are staying with their grandmother tonight. I can honestly say - this is by FAR...THE best movie a father should watch! The entire cast did such an amazing job keeping me, and my wife, gripped around the heart. This movie isn't the normal: keeping you guessing what was going to happen. Here: you know what is, sometimes had, happening/happened. The movie is in watching it all unfurl, come together and then rips your heart apart. I will stop smoking because of this movie - Gods honest truth! There is a great deal of other topics the movie deals with too! The father daughter dependency, maternal and paternal love, dating hurdles, family destruction, winning and losing, psychology and being a father. I emplore ALL fathers to see this.

• Jun 08, 2019

I don't understand why this movie has such negative reviews

I don't understand why this movie has such negative reviews

• Jun 10, 2018

This movie pulled at my heart strings. Had me in tears

This movie pulled at my heart strings. Had me in tears

• Dec 27, 2017

this film has everything. major drama on both growing up half without a father who struggled with his own mental and physical problems but also having to be raised by both an aunt who would always consider your father in having to do something with her sister's death and thr illness which made your father not live to his full potential will the daughter struggled with her own demons. very well filmed. actors and storylines. but a tear jerker. 2 boxes at least.

• Dec 24, 2017

Certainly not a bad movie, however, the movie is guilty of overplaying a decent hand.

• Nov 21, 2017

Amazing movie that deserves a much higher ranking.

Amazing movie that deserves a much higher ranking.

• Nov 06, 2017

Wow...the critics hated this one. I have no idea why because I thought that this was a pretty good movie. It isn't perfect by any means, but Russell Crowe and especially Amanda Seyfried give incredible performances. Despite being a tad longer than it needed to be, I say screw the critics and check it out for yourself...but only if you like this type of film.

• Oct 11, 2017

Here is a movie that tries hard to seamlessly transition a sacramental season of life between a little girl and her loving, adoring father. Some critics don't like the movie as a whole. But for me, thanks to an impeccable and stellar main cast, the story opens upon scene after scene of achingly heroic striving of a father who knows his time is limited because of serious health problems and his precious daughter now grown up, trying to navigate adult life with a heart still shattered from the profound grief and pain when he died. Russell Crowe gives a master class performance as her father, Aaron Paul enters her life almost like an alien being from the one dimensional pickup boys she briefly encounters. His sincere warmth and core of human decency begins a new emotional experience for Kate of being grounded and connected. But the standout performance is indeed Amanda Seyfried, whose raw emotional portrayal as Kate, desperately struggling to let her heart trust again, is authentic, poingnant, painful to watch, and drew empathy and true compassion from this viewer. Maybe the script could have been better, but the intense humanity of the three main performances would be hard to top.

• Oct 04, 2017

Nice movie, great performance by Russle and Amandya. bravo emotional and loving.

• Jul 18, 2017

Cried like a baby. As a daughter who lost her farther this had a huge emotional impact on me. Outstanding performances throughout.