Finders Keepers Reviews

• May 08, 2020

I stumbled across this gem late one night and all I could think as I watched was "wow, how have I not heard of this". I am a NC native and at first I feared this was just another rednexploitation job to make my home state look like the land of the toothless hillbillies. While it does have some of the aforementioned, it also has a much more gripping and introspective side as it delves into the human condition and a kaleidoscope of real emotion. This doc sounds like a one trick pony, like it would be one long drawn out joke over the "foot feud" but it is much more. Once you start you won't be able to look away.

• May 04, 2020

Two hicks fighting over a leg. Nothing to see here.

Two hicks fighting over a leg. Nothing to see here.

• Sep 26, 2018

I never thought a documentary about a foot would make me feel all these different emotions.

• Sep 26, 2018

The first half of this documentary just makes you laugh on top of your lungs and the other half almost makes you cry. Apart from great provision of information by the makers of this film, the characters grow on you and in the end you're left with a touching story that sticks with you.

• Jun 17, 2018

The utter stupidity was worth a couple of chuckles. And half a star. It was not worth 90 minutes of my life.

• May 22, 2018

Fascinating documentary about a guy who finds a leg in a smoker he just bought, and his insistance on this making him famous. Oh, the owner of the leg wants it back,,, A true story, features simply AMAZING characters you just won't see anywhere else. May drag a bit, but that;s to be forgiven seeing the background they're trying to tell.

• Jul 14, 2017

Fascinating documentary about a small time entrepreneur/hustler buying a grill at an unclaimed property storage unit auction and finding an amateurishly mummified human foot inside. Things get complicated when the owner of the foot, a drug addict, rich kid, perennial screw up, wants his foot back. Shannon Whisnant, the new owner of the foot, wants to parlay the foot into fame and fortune, and has no interest in returning the foot. John Wood, the man to whom the foot belongs, just wants his foot back. What unfolds is a crazy journey for both men that is impossible to predict what directions it goes and where it ultimately ends up. On the surface, this is a terrifically entertaining tale of two colorful sad sacks, but the film is more than that. The severed limb that serves as the McGuffin of the film becomes a symbol of sorts to both men as the key to unlocking their dreams. In the end, the foot has nothing to do with where the two end up and it's up to the individuals what they do wit their lives.

• Mar 13, 2017

Very odd scenario and unfortunate set of events.

Very odd scenario and unfortunate set of events.

• Feb 20, 2017

Being a student who is going into nursing, I found this documentary on a severed lost limb to be very interesting and needed to watch it for my own entertainment and for my English class. This story was compelling to me by the fact that there was a need to argue about a severed leg because of who it actually belonged to. The man who lost it or the man who found it? From my point of view, the original leg was John Wood's and will always be John Wood's. There shouldn't have been any argument over who "owned" the leg just because it ended up in the hands of Shannon Whisnant. The leg came off of John's body and forever will be a missing piece of John whether he is in possession of the leg or not. The whole dispute was just an exaggerated story that became a 15-minute of fame story for Whisnant and a nightmare for Wood.

• Oct 16, 2016