Fly Away Reviews

• Jun 08, 2015

A good story to introduce someone to autism.

A good story to introduce someone to autism.

• Oct 29, 2014

Each and every performance helps to capture the struggles of having a child with autism, making for an emotional journey.

• Jun 17, 2014

When I found out that Fly Away is about a mother and her autistic teenage daughter, I just had to see it. I thought it was powerful, emotional, and heartbreaking. This is like the female version of Rain Man.

• Jun 17, 2014

• Cynthia S Super Reviewer
    Mar 24, 2014

A realistic portrayal of a mid-functioning autistic girl, and of the toll it takes on her increasingly desperate single mother. The actress who plays Mandy does a really believable job showing the difficulties of autism. The film's simplistic ending implies a solution has been found, but the problems are clearly still there. The story line was just ok, in my opinion. I have seen better dramas.

• Oct 16, 2013

This film is all right for what it is, but still pretty stereotypical about what Autism actually is. Ashley Rickards is a good actress, but the rest of the acting from the others is awkward at times.

• Aug 18, 2013

let me explain this real quick... just because a movie is about a handicapped person doesn't mean it's automatically a good movie, however the critics seem to disagree. to be honest this was rather dull predictable and uneventful but it gets high rating because of the subject matter.

• Mar 24, 2013

This movie portrays the very real struggles parents face in raising autistic children. It was a little slow and redundant, but that seemed for the most part to be the intent.

• Apr 28, 2012

Even though she's autistic, the full retard theory applies here, and as expected, it doesn't really work out.

• Mar 31, 2012

I usually LOVE movies with special kids/people... But ill just pass this one ..it was a waste if time for me..