Frailty Reviews

• Nov 05, 2019

This was recommended to me as an under-appreciated McConaughey film, and it did not disappoint. Perhaps something in the promotion of this film failed, but hopefully it gets recognized more as time goes on. I would almost liken it to an episode of "True Detective" with a solid wrap up. The story itself evoked Stephen King's style, with some interesting twists, turns and details.

• Nov 02, 2019

The twist at the end was good.

The twist at the end was good.

• Oct 18, 2019

Underrated At Best!! The ending had my mouth drop to the floor!!

Underrated At Best!! The ending had my mouth drop to the floor!!

• Oct 01, 2019

Such a great "gothic" horror movie from start to finish. I was hungry for more for Bill Paxton (RIP) directed movies. Although that didn't happen, this horror/hero-noir thriller is, in my mind, a classic everyone should know

• Aug 23, 2019

Frailty is one of the absolute best movies I've ever seen. It's one of the best of it's genre AND of ALL genres.

• Aug 22, 2019

Frailty is quite possibly one of the most underrated and overlooked horror films to come out of the early 2000's, featuring some great performances from Paxton, McConaughey, and Boothe, a slow burn, psychologically manipulative story, and some truly intense sequences, while also showing some talent in Paxton's direction of the film, but also falls short at times due to an ending that force feeds rather than insinuates and lacks the bite to truly affect the more veteran horror fans.

• Jun 26, 2019

Great thriller with a surprising end! They do not make movies like this anymore!

• Jun 25, 2019

Although the first plot twist is pretty easy to imagine, the script then gives you plot twist after plot twist to the point where you don't know what's going on anymore. And that, I think, is the whole point. Last but not least, the two kids steal the movie.

• Jun 21, 2019

A classic thriller from start to finish.

A classic thriller from start to finish.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Jun 15, 2019

Powers Boothe and Matthew McConaughey cross swords in a tense game of cat-and-mouse while on the hunt for a mysterious serial killer known as "God's Hand". There's some backstory to go through at first in this offering, Bill Paxton's directorial debut, and therein is the real meat of this story about a simple blue collar man who believes that God wants him - and his young sons - to destroy demons. Fans of "The Usual Suspects" will recognise similar patterns in the technique and presentation but the central story is interesting enough to maintain interest.