Free Fire Reviews

• Oct 08, 2020

Takes the shootout scene from a Tarantino or Peckinpah movie and examinies it in minute detail, with thick layers of pitch black humour, over most of the runtime. If that's your kind of thing Free Fire is worth a watch.

• Aug 30, 2020

What did I think of Free Fire? Check out my full review below: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3bu3asv2OKlNZfB9EKvCra?si=XPaI3onqQ4CVVRTPbbGkqw

• Jun 25, 2020

While originally showing promise, the film declines into a state of tedium. As it turns out, we have no idea who anyone of the characters in Free Fire truly are, and so have no care for any of them while they dismantle each other with gunfire for roughly 60 minutes.

• Jun 03, 2020

"Free Fire" is a movie with a fun premise and stellar cast. I had heard this movie is essentially one big shootout and was pleasantly entertained by it. The cast does a good job and I think the movie could have been less memorable had it not had the same star power it does. I did feel the story is pretty ridiculous and I did have to suspend some disbelief since characters miss their shot an insane number of times. However, I thought the movie was clever and executed in a stylish enough way to where it was worth watching. Overall, it's a solid choice for a movie to watch just for fun.

• Apr 12, 2020

One of the most action-packed (just under "Shoot Em Up") and more importantly, underrated action films to come out of the 2010s. Some were disappointed that the film was essentially one long hour and a half action scene, and said that it would've been a great third act to a great movie but that was their complaint. That all it delivered was cutting to the chase and that it was great? It's also extremely funny. This is my favorite Ben Wheatley movie, with another shout-out the also way-too-panned High Rise, which was a sleek, original sci-fi flick that's also surprisingly good. Welcome back to 1970s Boston!

• Mar 23, 2020

Brilliant clever smart funny film ever made.

Brilliant clever smart funny film ever made.

• Mar 20, 2020

I feel as if most people now days don't know what they are looking for, the so called critics of most of these movies wouldn't know a marvel movie from their own hand. I'm saying they are pretty outrageous in their opinion, I'm not saying this is a god tear movie but it's definitely better than a lot of movies they enjoy, the plot is fulfilling which is a lot to say compared to most movies now days. The hint of Tarantino, Reservoir Dogs is there but it stands alone as it's own take on a genre of deals gone wrong, especially in the uk area, I love to see something better you guys could make when ten bucks says you don't have a creative bone in your body. I'm not dissing readers I'm dissing the so called pro reviewers, cause they shouldn't be allowed this job as I know with satisfaction that y'all are dumb!

• Feb 17, 2020

Unevenly paced, messily edited, sometimes confusing and not very well structured, Free Fire is also, on many occasions, truly laugh out loud funny, I mean some of the line readings and stings of dialogue are really funny. The film is extremely well shot, the cinematography is lovely and the set design carefully messy. It's a creative and unique affair seeming to all take place at floor level. It's not particularly deep or meaningful or clever. But it is simple and it is fun. Which is already two over most other blockbusters. And it clearly shows Sharlto Copley as the memorable offbeat leading man he has the potential to be when given the right material.

• Feb 07, 2020

'Free Fire' (2017) Manages to stretch it out to an 1hr 30 min run-time which impressively kept me entertained for most of it, despite most of it simply being a firefight. - Casting is mostly on point. Armie Hammer, and possibly my favorite actor: Cillian Murphy are the highlights here. However, and I may get a lot of flak for this, I don't think Brie Larson is a very good actress, and she took me out of the film at many times. - The writing is pretty average and can come off a little blunt and lazy at times, though mostly it's witty deadpan and black humor; which added some personality to the film as well as nice contrast between the darker and grittier moments the action provides. - There are maybe a few sequences in the film that are dragged out a tad too long, but they manage to cultivate enough creative scenarios throughout. I also got some hints of Tarantino in here, and I wouldn't be surprised if the director took inspiration from him when making this movie. My Rating - 7/10

• Feb 01, 2020

Hilariously raunchy and with a sly side of dark wit, Free Fire is surprisingly hysterical while also managing to be fairly nerve-wracking.