The Front Reviews

• Feb 01, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Dec 29, 2017

One of the few Woody Allen films I've liked. No, this was written by Bernstein & directed by Ritt - so I guess it's just as actor that I like Woody. An dramatic comedy based around the communist scare of the 1950's - with an incredible supporting cast.

• Dec 12, 2017

Excellent movie about the blacklist. With Woody Allen.

Excellent movie about the blacklist. With Woody Allen.

• Dec 02, 2017

I don't need to see it twice.

I don't need to see it twice.

• Nov 29, 2017

Not his best but Allens look at the 50s Hollywood blacklist is an interesting if underwhelming picture.Mostel's my favorite thing about this movie....easily so.

• May 21, 2017

Our history teacher showed this movie on the projector and I thought it was absolutely amazing.

• Oct 29, 2016

Another great Woody Allen movie that has a way of injecting humor into a serious topic or event. This movie takes place during the time of the McCarthy era when many in the entertainment industry were being blacklisted for being suspected of having sympathies with Communism. Woody Allen plays a gambling bookie who is approached by his friend who is a television writer who was blacklisted. Allen agrees to put his name on scripts written by his friend and others so they could earn money. For doing this he gets a portion of any scripts sold. At first Allen does it for the money but eventually he becomes sympathetic to their plight when he is questioned by Congress to reveal names of suspected Communist sympathizers.

• Mar 04, 2016

"The Front" is an amusing stab at 1950s blacklisting, but it feels a little undercharged.

• Jan 23, 2016

Good drama for Woody but not entirely in his style, at least it wasn't written/directed by himself.

• Feb 19, 2015

This really is a wonderfully written script. I feel that the third act could have been slightly better crafted but the journey offered up to that point is so rich in content, laughs and brutal honesty that it's easy to forget a minor annoyance. Also, this has to be one Woody's better roles.