Gnomeo and Juliet Reviews

• Aug 15, 2019

it was ok but if you like rom-com it is idle.

it was ok but if you like rom-com it is idle.

• Aug 13, 2019

Gnomeo & Juliet is a classic, heartwarming film about two gnomes how love each other but their religious background forbids them from expressing their love for each other. So Gnomeo has to put a ring on it but he has to do it in secret otherwise his family will have a cow and eat him. Over all it is a great movie for the whole family.

• Apr 27, 2019

The movie had a great storyline , although it has been done a million times and was not a bad tale of the story, but it wasn't near as great as other 3d animated movies done in the past couple years. Just a solid animation film. I give it a C.

• Apr 26, 2019

This is a classic example of a bad animated film. The whole concept is based off of one pun and Romeo and Juliet but includes things irrelevant to the original story. It is all of the parts of the story that are more garden gnome related than Shakespeare related that ruin the movie. When you look past the silly gnome exterior it is not necessarily a bad iteration of the story. The inclusion however of all the garbage humor, bad visual jokes, and unnecessary characters make it what it is⦠bad

• Jan 28, 2019

Itâ(TM)s actually somewhat surprising how good a lot of this movie is, and the cast has a lot of heavy hitters such as Dame Maggie Smith, Sir Michael Caine, James MacAvoy, and Emily Blunt among its ranks. It is a better movie than I thought it would be going in. It has a lot of funny moments, solid conflicts, and good production value; itâ(TM)s also a kidâ(TM)s movie, so a lot of the silly and ridiculous and less than stellar aspects can be forgiven or ignored. All of this being said, Gnomeo & Juliet is not a film I would go out of my way to watch. It certainly isnâ(TM)t a bad movie, it isnâ(TM)t particularly harmful in any way, and Iâ(TM)m sure itâ(TM)s fine for your kids, and itâ(TM)s a solid Netflix and chill movie (if it were indeed on Netflix, which it currently isnâ(TM)t). I just wouldnâ(TM)t ever watch this movie of my own free will. It looks good and itâ(TM)s pretty funny at times, but it just never hits any big emotional moments, and it never really has the heart to elevate it from a fine movie to one anyone has any reason to watch. The movie's cute, but empty of meaning.

• Jan 28, 2019

"Let's copy a story but make all the characters ceramic so it's original."

"Let's copy a story but make all the characters ceramic so it's original."

• Jan 27, 2019

I felt that this film was an extremely silly and fun version of the classic Shakespeare play. I think anyone going into an animated film about Garden Gnomes expecting a deeply insightful take of the classic is just looking in the wrong place. If you are looking for a fun film which the whole family can find something to enjoy in it then Gnomeo and Juliet is a decent flick for you. The movie takes many liberties with the original story but does maintain the general plot points, and I feel that is what makes the movie enjoyable. Being able to recognize the nods to Shakespeare adds a level of enjoyment but if you view as an adaptation that is trying to recreate it, then you will likely be left disappointed.

• Jan 23, 2019

All in all, Kelly Asburys Gnomeo & Juliet (2011), is a surprisingly delightful treat. It is light hearted, funny, touching, and, at times, even smart. The film succeeds in being knowledgeable of and respectful to the source material, while being able to simultaneously exercise its own creative liberties. If you are a die-hard fan of the original play, I would recommend that you see this film with your kids. With that said, I would also suggest that you take the film for what it is striving to be, and not what you might think the name suggests it to be. For those who are less familiar with the source material, I would still recommend this film. It can be hard to find childrens films that are not overly cringe worthy for adults to sit through, but this film is actually an enjoyable venture. So, whether you like Shakespeare or not, I recommend this film about a timeless tale of two star crossed lovers.

• Jan 19, 2019

Kelley Asbury's Gnomeo and Juliet (2011) did an overall fantastic job of adapting one of Shakespeare's most famous works into an entertaining and family friendly film. I had originally seen this movie around when it first came out, give or take a few months and even my 14-year-old self enjoyed it. Fast forward eight years and at 22 years old I can still say that this movie was fun to watch. This film features an all-star cast with James McAvoy as Gnomeo and Emily Blunt as Juliet, along with many other recognizable names to bring its audience an exciting feature film with great performances by the voice actors. I think what made this movie so great was its ability to cater to all audiences. It is rated-G after all. There were the flashy and adorable cartoons for the children and several masked, yet funny, NSWF jokes and comments, accompanied by Elton John's greatest hits, for the adults. If you like cartoons, Elton John, and Shakespeare, this movie is great for you. Even if you don't like any of those things, the movie is hilarious and a surprisingly great film. I highly recommend seeing it whether you're 7, 17, or 70. It truly is a movie that is excellent for all ages.

• Dec 18, 2018

This is the greatest movie of all time, no cap. It made me cry with tears of joy. The disrespect for the movie is disgusting.