Goldfinger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Goldfinger Reviews

April 12, 2017
The only Connery as Bond film I enjoy until Moore took over. Very good movie.
April 10, 2017
First of the really popular Bond movies, with the perfect balance of outrageous set-pieces and sly humour. Yes, it's fairly obvious (look at those skies!) that the UK is standing in for Kentucky and Fort Knox, but Connery is, as ever, excellent as Bond James Bond - and Gert Frobe (dubbed superbly by Michael Collins) is a marvellous Trump-like villain. Only the slightly tedious final shootout at Fort Knox weakens things.
April 9, 2017
one of my favorite movies of all time
February 22, 2017
Goldfinger presents one of the better Bond villains in the venerable series, and with Sean Connery's suave and charismatic portrayal, it succeeds with many trademarks of the series, especially the car and gadgets and even the ridiculous plan by the titular villain.
February 7, 2017
- Classic Bond movie is not as good as From Russia With Love but it is the blueprint from which all others followed. A perfect blend of action, gimmicks, gadgets and sex. Sean Connery has the most fun as 007 here.
½ January 25, 2017
By far the best of the older Bond movies and arguably maybe the best overall.
January 24, 2017
The quintessential Bond film that has been praised the highest, quoted the most, and ripped off from end to end. This is escapist filmmaking with style and sophistication, minus any inkling of pretension.
January 21, 2017
The Bond blueprint is in place and it's a wondrous sight to behold. Goldfinger is perhaps the greatest of the series and a franchise peak for Connery. Full of gadgets and girls this film is what all later Bond films will try and live up to.
January 15, 2017
Another solid Bond film. This is officially where James Bond detracts from being just another spy movie to something of its own. This is where Sean Connery makes his character self-deprecating and delivers a classic line customary to Bond films, which is "I'll have a martini. Shaken, not stirred." You can also tell that the dialogue is better written, not just specifically that line, but throughout the script. Quote: "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!" The action is thrilling as usual, the plot is very intriguing and gives us our most interesting villain yet: Oddjob. Oddjob is fascinating because his hat breaks people's necks and he is virtually indestructible to anything that doesn't involve his hat or electricity. A must see film, this is where it's at!
½ January 9, 2017
Classic. "This is no time to be rescued "
January 4, 2017
130920: 3rd Bond Film. I like this one simply because it took place in the US and involved basically, a traditional criminal. Pussy Galore, probably my least favourite femme fatale so far. Enjoyed the first attack on Bond as the bad guy clubbed his female counterpart, ouch. Seemed out of place for the era. Simply enjoyable.
½ December 20, 2016
TEMA:
AGENTE 007:
CHICA BOND:
VILLANO:

Goldfinger (1964) Calificación: 9.2/10
December 13, 2016
this movie was fun, but a lot of it didn't make sense...and the main female character was totally named Pussy Galore. I mean, really.....
½ November 30, 2016
Goldfinger is the Bond Movie with the Midas Touch.
November 21, 2016
Connery back at his best again for this 3rd instalment. Brilliant theme to start it off one of my favourites. Nice girls, Nice suits the grey 3 piece being an absolute must have so stylish. And some very funny characters goldfinger and oddjob make this enjoyable for all the family. Bond at his best even more so in Blu Ray for the first time.
½ November 12, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: This is the bond that started all the cliches we know today, and lets be honest, it's great to see the vodka-martinis and the stylish name phrases all come into existence. In fact, this is a film all about style, with Hamilton upping the stakes and the spectacle to make for one hell of an exciting ride. Connery doesn't compromise on his class though, and as result this is still a very engaging and enjoyable adventure indeed.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: The action and spectacle does arguably exist at the expense of a more delicate balance between character exploration, compared to it's albeit less famous predecessors
VERDICT: 'Goldfinger' is a classic that will have you on the edge of your seat. Bond was born here, but it's beginnings lie in slightly more sophisticated territory.
November 4, 2016
How can you not like this one, the 3rd of the series, this movie was huge when it came out, not only were there two successful films before it but it is one of the films remembered out of all the Bond movies. Great story, great action, and a Bond girl whose name will forever be remembered, Pussy Galore.
September 21, 2016
Goldfinger sets the tone of the entire James Bond series, setting many standards and themes that would be copied by many filmmakers to come. The interesting plot and villain boosts Goldfinger to another level making this film the best entry in the James Bond series.
September 10, 2016
The one that started it all...
September 7, 2016
The Bond that all others try to follow. Sean Connery is at the top of his game as Bond in Goldfinger. Has the two best advisories of the series. Oddjob makes one of the best henchman along with Jaws. Goldfinger proves to be Bonds best match. "No Mr. Bond I expect you to DIE !!" . Plus ad in Mrs. Pussy Galore to spice it up and you have the best of the best Bond movies. The plot is great and the performance of each actor is what sets it apart from all others. This is where we are introduced to Bonds signature Aston Martin. If also is the start of the signature theme song for each movie. Shirley Bassey sings the classic Goldfinger !!! I think Mr. Fleming would be proud of how well this movie holds up to all the others.