Goldfinger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Goldfinger Reviews

January 15, 2017
Another solid Bond film. This is officially where James Bond detracts from being just another spy movie to something of its own. This is where Sean Connery makes his character self-deprecating and delivers a classic line customary to Bond films, which is "I'll have a martini. Shaken, not stirred." You can also tell that the dialogue is better written, not just specifically that line, but throughout the script. Quote: "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!" The action is thrilling as usual, the plot is very intriguing and gives us our most interesting villain yet: Oddjob. Oddjob is fascinating because his hat breaks people's necks and he is virtually indestructible to anything that doesn't involve his hat or electricity. A must see film, this is where it's at!
½ January 9, 2017
Classic. "This is no time to be rescued "
January 4, 2017
130920: 3rd Bond Film. I like this one simply because it took place in the US and involved basically, a traditional criminal. Pussy Galore, probably my least favourite femme fatale so far. Enjoyed the first attack on Bond as the bad guy clubbed his female counterpart, ouch. Seemed out of place for the era. Simply enjoyable.
½ December 20, 2016
TEMA:
AGENTE 007:
CHICA BOND:
VILLANO:

Goldfinger (1964) Calificación: 9.2/10
December 13, 2016
this movie was fun, but a lot of it didn't make sense...and the main female character was totally named Pussy Galore. I mean, really.....
½ November 30, 2016
Goldfinger is the Bond Movie with the Midas Touch.
November 21, 2016
Connery back at his best again for this 3rd instalment. Brilliant theme to start it off one of my favourites. Nice girls, Nice suits the grey 3 piece being an absolute must have so stylish. And some very funny characters goldfinger and oddjob make this enjoyable for all the family. Bond at his best even more so in Blu Ray for the first time.
½ November 12, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: This is the bond that started all the cliches we know today, and lets be honest, it's great to see the vodka-martinis and the stylish name phrases all come into existence. In fact, this is a film all about style, with Hamilton upping the stakes and the spectacle to make for one hell of an exciting ride. Connery doesn't compromise on his class though, and as result this is still a very engaging and enjoyable adventure indeed.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: The action and spectacle does arguably exist at the expense of a more delicate balance between character exploration, compared to it's albeit less famous predecessors
VERDICT: 'Goldfinger' is a classic that will have you on the edge of your seat. Bond was born here, but it's beginnings lie in slightly more sophisticated territory.
November 4, 2016
How can you not like this one, the 3rd of the series, this movie was huge when it came out, not only were there two successful films before it but it is one of the films remembered out of all the Bond movies. Great story, great action, and a Bond girl whose name will forever be remembered, Pussy Galore.
September 21, 2016
Goldfinger sets the tone of the entire James Bond series, setting many standards and themes that would be copied by many filmmakers to come. The interesting plot and villain boosts Goldfinger to another level making this film the best entry in the James Bond series.
September 10, 2016
The one that started it all...
September 7, 2016
The Bond that all others try to follow. Sean Connery is at the top of his game as Bond in Goldfinger. Has the two best advisories of the series. Oddjob makes one of the best henchman along with Jaws. Goldfinger proves to be Bonds best match. "No Mr. Bond I expect you to DIE !!" . Plus ad in Mrs. Pussy Galore to spice it up and you have the best of the best Bond movies. The plot is great and the performance of each actor is what sets it apart from all others. This is where we are introduced to Bonds signature Aston Martin. If also is the start of the signature theme song for each movie. Shirley Bassey sings the classic Goldfinger !!! I think Mr. Fleming would be proud of how well this movie holds up to all the others.
August 31, 2016
Goldfinger is where Sean Connery is at his best. Bond comes into his own in this movie and he adopts all the gadgets that the series would become famous for. With popular lines such as, "A martini. Shaken, not stirred." And "Do you expect me to talk?" "No, Mr. Bond I except you to die!" And action far improved upon from Dr. No. We also get great directing by Guy Hamilton, and a unforgettable theme song by Shirley Bassey.
August 4, 2016
Goldfinger has everything you want in a bond film. From an alluring provocatively named bond girl to the most memorable of all bonds films, Goldfinger marks the highest point any Bond film would go and remains as a template to all that follow.
August 2, 2016
This is the true definition of classic Bond. With gadgets, girls, Martinis and a ludicrous plot, this is truely a stunning piece of filmography which spawned possibly the biggest (and longest) movie series ever created. You come out feeling both shaken and stirred.
Verdict: A+
½ August 2, 2016
Much more comic and cartoony in style than the any of the other 007 films I've seen. Goldfinger tries to attack Fort Knox (RandomTask acts as Goldfinger's assistant).
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
One of the most famous Bonds for a number of reasons, Odd Job, First time we have decent gadgets and plus a soundtrack plus many memorable scenes, As for the film itself it has a good story easy to follow and told well, Even though there's not allot of action it still manages to keep us entertained that's something the first two never did, There was a nice twist at the end that worked well, Overall one of the better Bonds.
July 28, 2016
Gold finger gets everything Right with stuff that have now become associated with the Franchise for James Bond now is the classic, best spy there is
July 24, 2016
I can easily say this is my favorite of the series. Director Guy Hamilton just absolutely nails it with this film. This was the bond film that really brought Sean Connery to fame with the James Bond Franchise. And boy can I understand. Oh, also. Oddjob. Enough Said.
July 23, 2016
On par with On Her Majesty's Secret Service and The Spy Who Loved Me, Goldfinger is the best Bond film there will ever be, and among the cinematic greats.