Goldfinger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Goldfinger Reviews

September 21, 2016
Goldfinger sets the tone of the entire James Bond series, setting many standards and themes that would be copied by many filmmakers to come. The interesting plot and villain boosts Goldfinger to another level making this film the best entry in the James Bond series.
September 10, 2016
The one that started it all...
September 7, 2016
The Bond that all others try to follow. Sean Connery is at the top of his game as Bond in Goldfinger. Has the two best advisories of the series. Oddjob makes one of the best henchman along with Jaws. Goldfinger proves to be Bonds best match. "No Mr. Bond I expect you to DIE !!" . Plus ad in Mrs. Pussy Galore to spice it up and you have the best of the best Bond movies. The plot is great and the performance of each actor is what sets it apart from all others. This is where we are introduced to Bonds signature Aston Martin. If also is the start of the signature theme song for each movie. Shirley Bassey sings the classic Goldfinger !!! I think Mr. Fleming would be proud of how well this movie holds up to all the others.
August 31, 2016
Goldfinger is where Sean Connery is at his best. Bond comes into his own in this movie and he adopts all the gadgets that the series would become famous for. With popular lines such as, "A martini. Shaken, not stirred." And "Do you expect me to talk?" "No, Mr. Bond I except you to die!" And action far improved upon from Dr. No. We also get great directing by Guy Hamilton, and a unforgettable theme song by Shirley Bassey.
August 4, 2016
Goldfinger has everything you want in a bond film. From an alluring provocatively named bond girl to the most memorable of all bonds films, Goldfinger marks the highest point any Bond film would go and remains as a template to all that follow.
August 2, 2016
This is the true definition of classic Bond. With gadgets, girls, Martinis and a ludicrous plot, this is truely a stunning piece of filmography which spawned possibly the biggest (and longest) movie series ever created. You come out feeling both shaken and stirred.
Verdict: A+
½ August 2, 2016
Much more comic and cartoony in style than the any of the other 007 films I've seen. Goldfinger tries to attack Fort Knox (RandomTask acts as Goldfinger's assistant).
½ July 29, 2016
One of the most famous Bonds for a number of reasons, Odd Job, First time we have decent gadgets and plus a soundtrack plus many memorable scenes, As for the film itself it has a good story easy to follow and told well, Even though there's not allot of action it still manages to keep us entertained that's something the first two never did, There was a nice twist at the end that worked well, Overall one of the better Bonds.
July 28, 2016
Gold finger gets everything Right with stuff that have now become associated with the Franchise for James Bond now is the classic, best spy there is
July 24, 2016
I can easily say this is my favorite of the series. Director Guy Hamilton just absolutely nails it with this film. This was the bond film that really brought Sean Connery to fame with the James Bond Franchise. And boy can I understand. Oh, also. Oddjob. Enough Said.
July 23, 2016
On par with On Her Majesty's Secret Service and The Spy Who Loved Me, Goldfinger is the best Bond film there will ever be, and among the cinematic greats.
½ July 21, 2016
One thing after all the incarnations of James Bond have come and gone, this is still the standard that every installment should live up to. Sean Connery's Bond is smooth and suave yet efficient, and immediately takes hold of the situation at hand. And you know that the bad girls are always the best one, which is why we truly love Pussy Galore. It all ends up ramping up due to Guy Hamilton's direction, wonderfully blending action/adventure, double entendres, and a wry sense of humor about it. There's a reason why it's classic and definitive, and it's all because it's the spy film done coolly.
July 10, 2016
10 out of 10:

What makes Goldfinger the best Bond movie? Probably it's the most thrilling entry with memorable characters, gadgets, and scenes.
July 9, 2016
Goldfinger = Goldmember, Pussy Galore = Alotta Fagina, Oddjob = Random Task, etc. Clearly well before my time but still very entertaining. My favorite one so far.
July 5, 2016
This is what I'm talking about
June 10, 2016
This is probably the only Bond film actually based on a Fleming book (rather than just taking the name, a la The Spy Who Loved Me, etc) that significantly improves upon its source. It does so by rethinking some of the more ludicrous ideas, such as Goldfinger's plan for the Fort Knox attack (the absurd scheme Bond postulates, that Goldfinger scoffs at, is more or less Fleming's version), and Pussy's lesbianism (her 'disorder' is much more overt in the book, and Bond helpfully 'cures' her of it with his man-lovin'. Whether it was done for reasons of censorship or common decency doesn't matter to the end result - the movie throws out Fleming's homophobic bulls#!t). They've also improved upon the Aston (in the book it's a DBIII with a phone in it), kind of creating a monster as far as the gadgets go, but allowing for a classic sequence, where Bond invades Goldfinger's compound in his fully-loaded spy car.

Gert Frobe (dubbed by another actor because he could barely speak English) is great as Auric, gentlemanly geniality barely concealing menace. Harold Sakata is also really good as Oddjob, Goldfinger's hat-slinging mute Korean manservant.

Honor Blackman is a fine Pussy. Shirley Eaton is good fun as Jill. Tania Mallet is not quite as good, as Jill's vengeful sister Tilly, but does OK.

Guy Hamilton's first (and easily best) effort as director set the standard for the series for many years to come, introducing an overall jokier tone than the previous two, most obviously in Bond's affectionate needling of the grouchy Q.

The score is one of John Barry's best (for me, it's second only to OHMSS), and the Shirley Bassey theme song has rightfully become a classic.

Overall, this is still probably the best Bond movie ever made.
½ May 31, 2016
"Do you expect me to talk? No Mr Bond I expect you to die!"... AWESOME!
½ May 30, 2016
5/30/2016: Pretty decent. Pretty much what I expected from an old Bond film.
May 21, 2016
I grew up watching these movies. This one is one of the best of the series. The visual effects for 1965 were stellar, as well as the art direction.
May 8, 2016
My least favorite of the original 3. Goldfinger and Oddjob are fantastic villains with an awesome plan, but Goldfinger makes every possible mistake to allow Bond to stop him. Potential to be a 5 star movie, but fell short for me. 84 out of 100