The Great Debaters Reviews

• Nov 08, 2020

Great movie! Should be shown at every school and University!

Great movie! Should be shown at every school and University!

• Aug 15, 2020

I liked this one. I liked the story a lot

I liked this one. I liked the story a lot

• Jun 23, 2020

it's familiar material but well acted and quite likable.

it's familiar material but well acted and quite likable.

• May 10, 2020

This is an essential "must-see" for all black people, especially to help cope with the times of blatant police brutality..

• Apr 27, 2020

A winning period drama. Characters I rooted for besides Booke, who seemed a little weird due to her accent. Yet, it was a predictable 'sports' movie - debating is the sport here - and the theme of race was a bit overdone IMO.

• Apr 22, 2020

This is interesting, and important story to be told, and it features some great performances, but for some reason I was just bored to tears. It plays like your typical, cliche, feel-good sports movie, with the sport being debating. Maybe that's why I couldn't engage... Whatever it was, I couldn't stop fidgeting.

• Dec 28, 2019

A great performances, story and execution. Definitely a must watch.

A great performances, story and execution. Definitely a must watch.

• Jul 11, 2019

• Jul 04, 2019

Good movie but can’t say I highly recommend it

Good movie but can’t say I highly recommend it

• May 22, 2019

Awful movie in so many ways. Poorly casted young actors lacking abilities to rise above high school level dramatic acting, and even that felt stiff and canned.