Halloween Reviews

• Jan 03, 2020

It's not very good, and I would've enjoyed it if it weren't for the horrendous acting

• Jan 01, 2020

I found it interesting that Zombie gave us a glimpse into Michael Myers' childhood and what turned him into the infamous killer. Beyond that, this film doesn't introduce anything new. It's a mindless slasher that feels cheap most of the time and brings themes that are all too familiar.

• Dec 26, 2019

Truthfully, one of the better Halloween sequels even though this is a remake/re-imagining of the original 1978 version. Here we are now to the Rob Zombie timeline of films (just 2 total). This version of Halloween focuses a lot more on the origins of the young Michael Myers (Daeg Faerch) and goes from his early mass killing to some scenes of him trying to get treatment from Dr. Loomis (Malcolm McDowell) we eventually see Michael (Tyler Mane) turn into a hulking mute monster. He breaks out from his imprisonment and returns to Haddonfield on Halloween 15 years later. Here Michael begins to stalk Laurie Strode (Scout Taylor-Compton) for what seems like unknown reasons, but if you follow the lore of previous films it's pretty easy to figure it out here. This movie has the Rob Zombie kind of touch to it. Did you ever think they could make the Halloween story turn into a white trash horror flick much like House of 1000 Corpses (2003) or The Devil's Rejects (2005)? Well what do ya know! And for the most part it kind of works here. It's got a very grungy and dirty feel to the entire movie. Everyone has some real inherently evil intent and while I enjoyed the gore here (which gets absolutely insane in this one) I found a few gripes. I watched the Unrated cut of this film which is about 10 minutes longer which puts this film at 2 hours long which I'm going to have to say hurts the pacing of this film. We focus just a bit too long I think on Michael's past and don't come to the present until about 52 minutes into the movie (roughly breaking the film half and half for past and present). The look of Michael is great here, but I just didn't think the whole "I gotta find Laurie because of you know what" storyline worked for this one. It brings some new thing for the origin story, but it's the same song and dance after that. Yes it's incredibly gory, has a ton of nudity, but it doesn't add anything to the lore outside of maybe a bit of motivation. For the most part though it stays true to what Zombie was trying to do and I can respect that. It hasn't aged the best especially some of the cringe worthy dialogue, but for the most part I would say it's worth a rental.

• Nov 25, 2019

De los muchos remakes de películas de terror clásicas esta es la mejor, al contar la historia de Michael y el porqué de los hechos ocurridos desde otro punto de vista, también contandonos de forma más profunda su descendencia a la locura.

• Nov 24, 2019

I originally watched this at a drive-in movie theater when it was first released and enjoyed it thoroughly. Watching it now, the origin story is truly very well done, and Tyler Mane makes a very good Myers, but the kills in the back half of the movie seemed very uncreative. The music was excellent, and the overall tone of the movie was solid. The dialogue didn't suck.

• Nov 14, 2019

While Zombie brings his gruesome originality to the table, it’s not enough to ignore Halloween’s inferiority to the 1978 classic

• Nov 09, 2019

Wow to be honest this wasn’t that bad it was pretty good at times it was a little too violent but it’s rob zombie what can i say all in I liked it Halloween gets a B

• Oct 31, 2019

I like Rob Zombies take on this storyline. Much more dark. His vision of a more realistic depiction of the sadistic Michael Meyers, his take on the illness that drives his murderous tirades & how its followed though the sequel to come together for a chilling finish. That makes these my favorite of all the Halloween movies ever made & that will ever be made. Rob zombie is an artist.

• Oct 27, 2019

Dark, twisted, artistic... awesome take on a Halloween movie

Dark, twisted, artistic... awesome take on a Halloween movie

• Oct 26, 2019

This underrated remake works best, in scenes where it isn't copying the original