Halloween II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Halloween II Reviews

½ January 17, 2017
it ain't great but its a solid squeal the the 1978 classic well the film takes place in 1978 but the continuation is alright. This 1981 squeal has taken right after the events of the first same plot, same characters, same killer. However the film has good enough kills, haunting setting, and a good cast to make benefit from how its missing its info from the original 1978. First off SPOILER SPOILER Loomis shot Micheal 6 times in this he shot him 7 times! he even says it in this movie! Always trust the first. Next a good thing about it is today its an iconic setting for horror movies such as "The Ward" carpenter did later in his career and "Session 9" which was well presented. However it can be awkward at times the film is enjoyable and solid to its previous installment. 3 1/2 stars 73%
January 16, 2017
First One Was Better This MOVIE was Okay But I Really loved the first movie I should watch it maybe on Next Halloween That would be good Like The first movie is more like a Halloween Film Then This Movie HALLOWEEN 2 But This Movie Was Good. GOOD JOB JOHN CARPENTER HAVE A COOKIE WAIT ACTUALLY Did John Carpenter Even Direct This Film CRAP!
December 17, 2016
It may not be directed by the legendary John Carpenter like its predecessor. It may not have the same suspense, unpredictability, or scares as its predecessor. But Halloween 2 is just a continuation of the first film and has the same great cast, characters, performances, and story as the first great film. It is still written by John Carpenter as well. I do agree though that all sequels beyond this movie are not necessary.
November 23, 2016
I loved this one not better than 1 But it is spectacular
½ November 20, 2016
I originally saw this with a group of friends in high school. We were very excited given how frightening the original was. But this was pretty much obvious and slasher film trope territory. As I recall, we all ended up bored with the film and it hasn't improved with age. The script should have been sent to this hospital setting dead on arrival.
November 20, 2016
Arguably the best horror sequel in the history of horror sequels. This picks up right where the original left off without missing a beat. The entire storyline takes place during the same Halloween evening, with killer Michael Myers continuing on with his murderous rampage. Even though this was made three years after the original, the actors and actresses from the first, who reprise their roles here, look exactly the same. One possible exception being Jamie Lee Curtis, who had cut her hair short in the interim between the two films and had to wear a wig to match her hairstyle from the original. The robot-like Myers gets creative with his methods of murder, from stabbing, and throat slicing, to exsanguination and deep-frying in a hydrotherapy tub (which should earn Pamela Susan Shoop the "best breasts' award for the entire Halloween franchise). Of course, they also had to get "creative" with Halloween III and take some liberties with subsequent entries into this franchise, but those are for other reviews. If you're looking for the definitive horror films to watch on Halloween night, watch this one back-to-back with the original and you can't go wrong. (My review is also at Amazon)
November 2, 2016
It's hard to believe this doesn't have higher ratings. It picks right up where the original left off and has a neat ending! Most sequels aren't great but this one is.
November 1, 2016
This has an excellent story, a great cast, and good direction.
½ October 31, 2016
Listen, I'm sorry.... but..... I think it's better than the original... This 1981 sequel to the '78 movie just feels easier to watch.
October 31, 2016
A poor followup to the original classic.
October 30, 2016
Not as bad as it could have been.
October 30, 2016
A vastly underrated sequel with more tension, chills, a bigger body count and even an improved soundtrack.
October 29, 2016
Haven't seen Halloween .. I trust is much better .. Don't think this movie ages well ... Seemed a little campy .. Saying that last twenty minutes were best part. imo. Very disappointing
October 29, 2016
Slow and dull compared to the first movie.
October 29, 2016
For anybody who has seen "Halloween," I would definitely recommend the sequel. It picks up exactly where the first one left off and wraps the story up well. I personally liked it more than the first one.
October 29, 2016
A good sequel to a great movie. Unfortunately the franchising of the series already started, with the explosions and high body count. A good horror sequel is pretty rare and this is one of them.
½ October 24, 2016
great sequal for the halloween movies very instant and scary i would give this a 4.5 / 5
because it wasent better than the first but still a great movie if i were you i would watch it
October 21, 2016
Much better than it's predecessor.
½ October 18, 2016
Not as good as the first John Carpenter film, but a solid sequel to it. I didn't like how they made the theme song all techno like. To me it's one of those songs you leave alone. It really took away the creepiness of it. Other than that I couldn't say much bad about it. Its a pretty darn good movie
October 15, 2016
If a sequel to "Halloween" was inevitable, we're lucky this is what we got. Easily dismissed for its superfluous nature (in spite of the original's sequel-bait ending), "Halloween II" (the original) is actually a solid, well-paced chiller with a number of good scares. Jamie Lee Curtis' Laurie Strode remains a resourceful, well-developed heroine, even sidelined in a hospital bed for much of the movie. In fact, the hospital setting is one of the sequel's great strengths. Dean Cundey's murky cinematography makes it feel like a haunted house, to enter at our own peril. And if director Rick Rosenthal doesn't have John Carpenter's gifts, he at least has a talented enough crew to bolster him. Most of them are, in fact, holdovers from the original: master cinematographer Cundey, co-writer and producer Debra Hill, even Carpenter himself as composer and co-writer. The result is a movie that, while wholly unnecessary and decidedly inferior to the original, stays reasonably true to its grim spirit.