Halloween: Resurrection - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Halloween: Resurrection Reviews

½ November 10, 2016
This is a little different from the last few installments, but not enough to make it interesting.
½ November 2, 2016
Embarrassingly bad. Poor Jamie Lee Curtis' cameo at the start can't even save this mess. The moment she's out of the picture, the film takes a turn for the worse as we're introduced to a forgettable group of college kids who are making a reality show at the old Myers house. To make matters worse, they're joined by esteemed thespians Tyra Banks and Busta Rhymes. The whole thing is inept and scare-free. Skip it!
½ October 30, 2016
no tiene ninguna jodida continuación con las anteriores películas! Y así se acabó la saga...
½ October 28, 2016
This is a disgrace. Never should've been made. If I could give ZERO stars I would.
October 24, 2016
Horrible, busta not only killed Mikey, but the franchise with this one.
October 23, 2016
All I have to say is, what a dumb, awful, terrible, shittastic movie. Wow. I absolutely hate how they did Jamie Lee Curtis. I get she didn't want to be involved with these movies anymore, but cmon. And the entire plot of this movie is ridiculous. Busta Rhymes as a karate enthusiast. Ughhhhhh lol. Acting is trash too. Hands down the worst in the entire franchise.
October 16, 2016
I don't even consider this part of the series. Absolutely terrible movie. It's a shame they gave it a Halloween title.
October 14, 2016
I don't actually recall falling asleep in too many movies, this one did it! The acting was pretty lame...definitely my least of the the series (Rob Zombie ones not included).

The biggest mistake with this movie is that Laurie is only in it for the first 15 minutes or so...from there it goes downhill and quick!
2/5 OR 4/10
½ October 14, 2016
The first 15 minutes are bad enough, with what they do with Laurie Strode, but it gets even worse by trying to "update" the series by including "new" technology as a huge part of the story. It's almost never a good idea to do this since it dates your film almost immediately. Busta Rymes & Tyra Banks only add to the wretchedness.
October 14, 2016
Its not a scary film or suspenseful by any means compared to some of the other films. But it explains the end of Laurie Strode's character and the start of something a little new in franchise. It has good performances by Busta Rhymes and Jamie Lee Curtis. The directing isn't bad either. Overall though the film has the same premise as all the others: Michael Myers' goes around killing people and can't be killed no matter who tries or how you try. Hopefully this is the last Halloween film they make besides the two remakes.
½ October 10, 2016
Yup, it's pretty bad. There's a catch-phrase spewing, kung-fu fighting Busta Rhymes, Laurie Strode is killed off in a very unsatisfying way within the first 15 minutes of the film, and this is easily the worst iteration of the Meyers character we've seen....ever. The whole film is clearly trying to cash in on the Blair Witch/found footage fad, reality television, and the hippest and coolest new technology (which feels EXTREMELY dated. Halloween Ressurection is easily the most nonsensical film in the entire franchise, the script is pretty awful (With Busta Rhymes nabbing just about every single one of the worst lines, and Michael gets shocked in the nuts by Busta Rhymes at the end (The only part that only pissed me off). This awful movie didn't piss me off quite as much as Halloween 5 did, but it is still the worst film in the original franchise.
October 7, 2016
I had fun with "Halloween: Resurrection" or 'Halloween 8' for short, despite them killing the best heroine in history Laurie Strode (played by Jamie Lee Curtis) but at least it has Michael Myers in it which is the best part of the film. The eighth installment takes place three years since "Halloween: H20," Jamie Curtis once again plays Laurie Strode, she's now in a mental institution waiting for Michael Myers (Brad Loree) to return. This time the story line returns to Myers' hometown in Haddonfield, IL, there's a contest where six college students (Bianca Kajlich, Katee Sackhoff, Thomas Ian Nicholas, Sean Patrick Thomas, Luke Kirby and Daisy McCrackin) spent a night in the serial killer's home. Busta Rhymes is bad and he's supposed to be funny but pretty bad here including model Tyra Banks. The film is entertaining and not in a good way it's bad but it's so bad that it's so good. The only person who I liked was Bianca Kajlich as Sara. 3/5 stars
Tyler H.
July 21, 2016
I watched this film on netflix or amazon prime i believe and i was going into it thinking it was gonna be bad but i gave it a un bias try. After watching this i have to say this could be one of the worst horror movies of all time. A wasted talented cast and potentially powerful sequel is killed in its tracks by its horrible acting and horrible script and story. Busta Rhymes should've been nominated for a Razzi this is so bad. A perfect score on RT they got it just right.
July 15, 2016
I don't hate it as much as I used to, but I still feel the opening is an insult to the fans and it had a really bad excuse to bring Michael Myers back.
July 13, 2016
Very boring. Doesn't have enough in the plot to sustain itself. The casting is easily the worst within the franchise. It just does not have any suspense or scares or horror. It's really a slap in the face toward John Carpenter. I do not recommend this movie to anyone.
½ July 9, 2016
Halloween: Resurrection is about an online show that viewers get to watch people spend the night in the Myers house and it's all fun until Michael returns and begins killing all of them. Sounds terrible? Well yeah it is unless you want to see Busta Rhymes kick Michael Myers through a window while making karate noises. Definitely one of the worst horror movies ever made.
July 7, 2016
½ June 4, 2016
Placing one of our favorite villains of the horror genre within a creatively random plot point, Halloween 8: Resurrection benefits from the unorthodox interplay between Michael Myers and hip hop artist-turned-actor Busta Rhymes to conclude John Carpenter's unprecedented slasher franchise on a pleasurably gory note.
May 31, 2016
only one I haven't seen
½ May 29, 2016
It was okay but not an endong