Halloween: Resurrection - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Halloween: Resurrection Reviews

½ May 22, 2017
The only Halloween I didn't like!
½ May 15, 2017
A flat and uneven entry in the series that is dragged down by an annoyance of the characters. Wish Michael knocked them all off...
March 27, 2017
Not what a Halloween movie should be like. Halloween Resurrection is more like a comedy then it is a horror movie. Halloween 6 The Curse of Michael Myers was not a great movie, but it still was a horror movie. So why is this a Halloween movie at all, it should have been called Funny Michael Myers. If it ad been called Funny Michael Myers i could have enjoyed it, but it`s a cannon Halloween film and so i can`t enjoy it.
March 15, 2017
One of the reasons this film suffers is because of Jamie Lee Curtis' uninteresting performance, it seems that she isn't interested in the franchise, but who could blame her? This movie turns into a comedy for the ridiculous plot holes and is poorly written. The series should've ended at the third film.
½ March 14, 2017
He karate kicks Michael Myers, what....The.... Fuck....
½ February 24, 2017
Wouldn't even spit in its direction
February 16, 2017
Its not a scary film or suspenseful by any means compared to some of the other films. But it explains the end of Laurie Strode's character and the start of something a little new in franchise. It has good performances by Busta Rhymes and Jamie Lee Curtis. The directing isn't bad either. Overall though the film has the same premise as all the others: Michael Myers' goes around killing people and can't be killed no matter who tries or how you try. Hopefully this is the last Halloween film they make besides the two remakes.
½ February 14, 2017
A cash grab for the Halloween franchise! This movie has almost nothing to do with the previous movie. The things that are related are the small appearance by Laurie Strode. Also why did Michael Myers not go crazy when people were in his house? So many things wrong, and somehow this movie was wildly entertaining. I couldn't look away. So pretty much it was a run of the mill slasher flick (which is why it's entertaining to me). So if you really love Michael Myers and want to see him kill more people then you should watch this movie.
½ February 3, 2017
The first 16 minutes indicates a good movie is about to take place, and then they make a very bad decision and switch to something else, where it is still kindof okay until minute 28, and then.... Tv reality... As a whole, the movie is not as terrible as its reputation but its pretty mediocre. On top of being badly edited with the professional camera work, the ''real'' shots are not that interesting, even in 2002. there was no need to make it all scratchy, blurry and MTV friendly at the same time, its just too much. The thing is, even by 2002, ''Group of teens spending the night in scary place'' had already been done 10 000 times better, and doing it ''real tv'' cant change that. And i hear the lead actress was dubbed cause she cant scream; What sort of a Scream Queen is that? + Busta rhymes is majorly annoying in this, someone please shut him up. The teenage party of watchers is an interesting addition but again, meh. There's a few nice touch and details here and there, like weird children in the street and that crazy sub basement, but really, this was not necessary. Get some writers please. So my order for the whole series goes 1, 7, 6, 3, 4, 5, 8, 2.
½ January 12, 2017
Yup, it's pretty bad. There's a catch-phrase spewing, kung-fu fighting Busta Rhymes, Laurie Strode is killed off in a very unsatisfying way within the first 15 minutes of the film, and this is easily the worst iteration of the Meyers character we've seen....ever. The whole film is clearly trying to cash in on the Blair Witch/found footage fad, reality television, and the hippest and coolest new technology (which feels EXTREMELY dated). Halloween Resurrection is easily the most nonsensical film in the entire franchise, the script is pretty awful (With Busta Rhymes nabbing just about every single one of the worst lines), and Michael gets shocked in the nuts by Busta Rhymes at the end (The only part that pissed me off). This awful movie didn't piss me off quite as much as Halloween 5 did, but it is still the worst film in the original franchise.
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 20, 2016
Una pelicula de terror que no aporta nada nuevo , pero de alguna forma entretiene sin ningun temor alguno
December 13, 2016
A fun premise! Plus, the early 2000s nostalgia factor.
½ November 10, 2016
This is a little different from the last few installments, but not enough to make it interesting.
½ November 2, 2016
Embarrassingly bad. Poor Jamie Lee Curtis' cameo at the start can't even save this mess. The moment she's out of the picture, the film takes a turn for the worse as we're introduced to a forgettable group of college kids who are making a reality show at the old Myers house. To make matters worse, they're joined by esteemed thespians Tyra Banks and Busta Rhymes. The whole thing is inept and scare-free. Skip it!
½ October 30, 2016
no tiene ninguna jodida continuación con las anteriores películas! Y así se acabó la saga...
½ October 28, 2016
This is a disgrace. Never should've been made. If I could give ZERO stars I would.
October 24, 2016
Horrible, busta not only killed Mikey, but the franchise with this one.
October 23, 2016
All I have to say is, what a dumb, awful, terrible, shittastic movie. Wow. I absolutely hate how they did Jamie Lee Curtis. I get she didn't want to be involved with these movies anymore, but cmon. And the entire plot of this movie is ridiculous. Busta Rhymes as a karate enthusiast. Ughhhhhh lol. Acting is trash too. Hands down the worst in the entire franchise.
October 16, 2016
I don't even consider this part of the series. Absolutely terrible movie. It's a shame they gave it a Halloween title.