Halloween: Resurrection Reviews

• Feb 17, 2020

I like to pretend this film never happened. It's so awful, and completely ruins the awesome ending of H20.

• Feb 12, 2020

This Movie Is Awesome , Just Good For My Money🤟👏👍

This Movie Is Awesome , Just Good For My Money🤟👏👍

• Feb 04, 2020

I can't believe that this abysmal schlock was actually made. It's an insult to Michael Myers and to the franchise overall. (F)

• Jan 12, 2020

An absolute embarrassment.

An absolute embarrassment.

• Jan 03, 2020

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• Dec 26, 2019

We almost got a good timeline in the Halloween series with the release of Halloween H20 (1998), but then they went right back to the gutter with this one. Halloween: Resurrection is the final movie in this timeline (Halloween (1978), Halloween II (1981), Halloween H20 (1998) then this dumpster fire). And it's pretty easy to see why this one is the weak link. Why is this movie so bad? I'm thinking it may be because they kinda faked out people during the advertisements here and made it look like Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) is a main character here, but she's literally only in the first ten minutes of the movie. The beginning of this movie even redacts the events of the ending of the previous film H20. It feels cheap just to explain why Michael Myers (Brad Loree) is back. Anywho, this movie is basically about a company that hires a group of college kids to spend the night at the Myers house. The show will be live streamed with each person having cameras. That's basically the plot. The company is ran by a man named Freddie Harris (Busta Rhymes) and his partner Nora (Tyra Banks). The college students are Bill (Thomas Ian Nicholas) the mysterious cool guy, Donna (Daisy McCrakin) the smart chick, Jen (Katee Sackhoff) who is sort of the bossy one, Jim (Luke Kirby) the perverted dude, Rudy (Sean Patrick Thomas) the cook (I'm serious here), and lastly Sara (Bianca Kajlich) our final girl and strangely enough didn't have the ability to scream, so all of her screams were dubbed in post. Sounds like a great cast right? Also, we have one super random character in Myles (Ryan Merriman) who is Sara's internet pen pal? He's such a useless character and is only there to give us scenes of the action unfolding during the live stream. Anyways, Michael obviously comes back and before long people start getting picked off one by one. That's it. There's really nothing more to say there. The movie is always one that I remember because of the scene of Busta Rhymes using Kung-Fu on Michael. It's that ridiculous. This is a film where we have no interesting characters and the movie seems like a low budget knock off of the original. It's easy to see why this one tanked with critics and audience members alike. Is it as bad as Halloween 4-6 you might be asking? I would say it ranks as one of the worst with it just narrowly above 6 or tied for that matter. Avoid this one at all costs.

• Nov 21, 2019

I was too drunk to watch this one at night and had to watch it on my computer while at work the next day. The dialogue was very bad ("trick or treat, motherfucker!"). The sound effects for the knife slicing were annoying & unrealistic. The premise of the movie was a fresh take compared to the other ones, but the kills were uncreative. They did multiple close up shots of the knife being stabbed through the victim's clothing that just didn't look particularly violent or effective, and even the slashed throats didn't seem like they would be fatal as not much strength seemed to be behind them. The music was fine, but not great.

• Nov 19, 2019

Short Take: Aside from a few terrible in basic cinematography, this movie is a solid new and refreshing take on the Halloween franchise, exposing a side of Michael Myers we hadn't seen before as well as a whole new storyline that has little to do with the "Killing his family" bit, and presenting us with a modern version of Halloween in the innovative internet world of the early 2000's. Review: Despite being one of the least liked of the Halloween movies, I sincerely believe that Halloween resurrection is one of the best Halloween films ever made. Of course, it is not without faults, especially in terms of cinematography, (as every time the camera switches to the point of view of the "Live" internet camera's the quality of the picture decreases and turns grainy and almost unwatchable), and in relation to rebooting the events of the previous film via unnecessary exposition and a completely not-believable situation. However, I really think this was the only way of making another installment to the series without creating a full reboot or remake, and the filmmakers really redeem themselves after that weak set up. The film is paced really well, it has some tremendous suspense, amazingly gripping and chilling scenes (such as Busta Rhyme's one on one encounter with Michael Myers, both with the mask on or Michael Myers' second murder by attacking a victim through a mirror), it stays low on the cheap scares, and makes it work by setting its story within the internet world of the early 2000's, complete with instant texting, live internet reality TV, and much more. Michael Myers is as menacing as ever, and Busta Rhymes, the main protagonist, becomes Michael Myers the first worthy adversary in the history of the film franchise, beating him mercilessly without the need for any tranquilizer or firearm. The film is wildly entertaining and it doesn't pretend to be anything more than that. In short, the filmmakers found a way to create a new refreshing version instead of yet another overly formulaic sequel. One of the best Halloween films ever made.

• Oct 20, 2019

Just when you think H20 would make this sequel better it drops you on the floor and kicks you in the face.

• Oct 17, 2019

Nevermind what i said about The Curse Of Michael Myers, this film is the worst Halloween film ever made.