Hanna - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hanna Reviews

October 16, 2016
The first half is rather slow and mildly captivating but definitely succeeds in exciting the viewer's interest. The second half is arguably superior, mostly thanks to the pumping action sequences. Saoirse Ronan makes for a very good lead and practically carries the film on her shoulders. The ending, part-lazy and part-pretentious, was a disappointment, but overall "Hanna" is a worthwhile film, its questionably successful attempts to juggle different moods balanced by the notable thrills.
September 6, 2016
This average thriller with tones of fairy tale features stylish editing and an electrifying score, and it is particularly efficient in the exciting fighting and action scenes but not so interesting when showing the character's adaptation in a world she only knew via an encyclopedia.
August 16, 2016
"Ti ho mancato il cuore".
Livello di badassismo molto alto, da parte di tutti.
E c'č Cate Blanchett, perciņ va visto comunque.
August 8, 2016
Move over Frankenstein's creation, Hanna is a far more emotionally engaging monster!
June 9, 2016
I don't really know how I feel about this movie...I guess I was expecting the movie to be very different from what it actually is. I expected more female assassin stunts action...like from the movie Salt...but this movie focused more on the character development of the main lead Hanna. Slowly learning about who Hanna really is is quite interesting indeed. Overall still a great action movie.
½ May 12, 2016
Despite its dire need of some polish, "Hanna" gains a special uniqueness from its recycled premise.
April 16, 2016
Part action thriller and part coming-of-age drama, Hanna sounds like a film that shouldn't work, which makes it all the more refreshing and surprising that it actually does. Those two storytelling types couldn't be more different, but the way Joe Wright manages to blend them together in this film is quite fascinating, and makes for a rather compelling story. In a way, it's also very dreamlike: between the plot with hints of fairy tale elements and the European settings that often fell secluded, the film has a very unique flair that not many other films have captured. Wright captures the action smoothly, with a standout sequence being a single take tracking shot and eventual fight scene with Eric Bana's character. The strongest point of Hanna is, well, Hanna herself, played by Saoirse Ronan. Seventeen-year-old Ronan completely holds the film on her shoulders, and balances the "hardened assassin" side and the "girl learning of the world for the first time" side of her character perfectly. Cate Blanchett is also fantastic as the antagonist, a kind of role she doesn't seem to play often enough. She's ruthless, and completely fun as a result. There's not anything else quite like this one: Hanna is truly unique.
April 15, 2016
just kind of alright.
½ February 21, 2016
Caught me slightly off guard by how good it was.
½ February 18, 2016
Good plot, mediocre drama
February 11, 2016
.14 year old survivalist genius Hanna, is targeted by sinister agents as she evades and confronts them on her way to reunite with her father.
February 9, 2016
Hanna was great. I guess it's a film in the vein of The Bourne series, The Fugitive, and the such. It'd a chase film of different sorts. The whole plot is nuts and science fiction like and really the whole story gets turned on its head later on. This unknown aged teenager has some sweet moves and is incredibly entertaining to watch. Pretty good spylike film with plenty of coming-of-age elements, it's a slight bit boring at times, but generally very fun.
January 21, 2016
Yes, it's good movie.
January 10, 2016
Pretty good - obviously a young upcoming actress to hit Hollywood in the future
January 3, 2016
A girl is raised by her father in a forest to be a perfect assassin and go on a mission. The description makes the movie sound very promising, like it's a good action filled movie maybe more on a dark side.

Well that's where i was wrong when starting this movie.

Absolutely all the action that was happening was quite horrible. It was both performed very lousy and in general it was unrealistic.

Most importantly, though, i feel like the action and the fighting seemed to be really out of place. Often it looked like some kind of coming of age indie movie, with its cinematography, the dialogues and the scenes during the more calm moments with the family: in the camp and on the road. At those times i wished it was a coming of age indie film because those shots seemed to be the best ones, not the action filled ones.

Maybe i have a very subjective view on how action should look like, i don't know, but surely i'm not the only one noticing the plot holes. Because they seemed to be all over the place.

To begin with i really don't understand why the base was in Morocco and not in the US, but let's pretend they wanna show us how the US government is everywhere, WHO KNOWS.

Why Marissa hired those three barely trained skinheaded thugs if it was the matter of the national security?

Why was she the only one so concerned about it?

And the thing that still haunts me after i've finished the film: why did it look like Marissa had something very personal going on with Hanna? Up until the end i expected her to say she's her mother or something just as crazy, reveal some big plot twist at the end but i'm left unsatisfied and confused.

Cate Blanchett's acting was as usual amazing, and her character really did look in pain near the end everytime she looked at Hanna, like she wanted to say her something, like she was some kind of her long lost daughter she was oh so relieved to finally find, i don't know. I feel like a part of the movie was cut out and no one told me anything.

One more thing besides the slower scenes and Blanchett's acting that made the movie not as ridiculous as it could be was the soundtrack. Amazing tracks by the Chemical Brothers that didn't deserve the scenes they were placed on.

Underwhelming and dissapointing.
½ December 27, 2015
The ridiculous hippies in the camper van were a good laugh, but this was mostly nonsense.
December 16, 2015
Cate Blanchett oddly fits into her role as a bad guy and Saoirse Ronan proves that she has a long career ahead in this stylish action. This is a very underrated film.
November 21, 2015
Great performance by Ronan. Weird tale, lots of violence, but kept us gripped.
½ November 15, 2015
11/8/2015: An ok movie. Better than I expected though. I was still hoping for more action and general bad-assery from the Hannah character.