Head of State Reviews

• Jan 04, 2020

A pretty funny film that I didn't expect much from and got what I expected. Chris Rock is a true comedic genius

• Nov 05, 2019

Just felt bland and boring

Just felt bland and boring

• Nov 04, 2019

I miss film's like these , politically incorrect , yet all in good fun. "Head of State" provided the laughs that I was looking for, despite a few running gags (such as the gold digger ex, or Tracy Morgan's village-idiot character; as well as a few off-color ethnic jokes ) that did not need to be included. Though those blemishes can be overlooked as they are somewhat essential to the genre. Head of State flows nicely as a great rags to riches story and is the perfect "dont be afraid to be yourself" reminder that any and everyone needs to see every once in awhile. The first time I saw portions of this film I was on my way out of a Los Angeles correctional facility. Today, I can see a little more clearly now why it got placement there. Humorous and of the Hip-Hop culture I love so. What other movie can a person get the late great Nate Dogg as narrator, Funk Flex as a DJ, and a Throne & Carters track placed throughout the film as Chris Rock and Bernie Mac go mono y mono with each other, with more than jokes? Head of State is a time capsule, that though somewhat dated, remains timeless and serves as a reflection for what was, is, and shall be. A comedy that does more than one faction of modern artproud.

• Nov 29, 2017

There was not thing plausible that existed in this movie. - The current VP and GOP Presidential Candidate's argument for his presidency: I'm Sharon Stone's cousin!!!! - Chris Rock as the Democratic Candidate: You're full of shit, VP!!! This sounds like the 2016 Presidential Election but not so much. Racism helped the more vulgar candidate win while racism would cost a black man his chance at the presidency if he screamed any form of vulgarity. How could Roger Ebert have given this film 3 stars out of 4? Now you know why I don't care for him the same way I never cared for this film?

• Jun 24, 2015

Chris Rock es genial

Chris Rock es genial

• Feb 19, 2015

Alderman becomes President in this predictable comedy starring Chris Rock.

Alderman becomes President in this predictable comedy starring Chris Rock.

• Sep 23, 2014

Week comedy with a some laughs and a good cast.

Week comedy with a some laughs and a good cast.

• Jun 29, 2014

A couple of funny seconds based on phony stereotypes and then it was over. Thank god.

• Jun 23, 2014

Hoped for more laughs (14) TV

Hoped for more laughs (14) TV

• Jun 08, 2014

This film missed out on some great opportunities by keeping it PG13 and never really getting political enough, instead its for the common people, like the candidates platform. Though it would've been much better with a more satirical look at the government, the tone is still good.