Hell's Kitchen N.Y.C. Reviews

• May 24, 2018

Hell's Kitchen, gosh, where does one begin. This movie was phenomenal and an absolute masterpiece of cinema for it's time. The English language, simply put, doesn't have words to meet the high caliber level of description this movie would require to describe it properly. Only by seeing it for yourself would you then be able to understand this movie's beauty.

• Jun 25, 2013

The performances carry the right emotion and the music assists in making the drama feel that much more real. Unfortunately, the writing has its weak points and doesn't allow for any explanation. For my full review of Hell's Kitchen (1998), check it out on this IMDB link: http://imdb.com/title/tt0129136/reviews-21

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Aug 31, 2012

Hell's Kitchen isn't much of a film and falls apart rather quickly. The story is garbage and goes off in several different directions at once. Additionally, the acting is remarkably poor; except for Angelina Jolie, who tries to rescue the film, but the script is working against her. Some of the plot threats are interesting, but overall the story's incredibly incoherent. Bogged down with a bad script and poor directing, Hell's Kitchen winds up being a monotonous film without any focus.

• Apr 15, 2012

With the exception of a solid performance from jolie,only reason why I got this film it was because I'm an angelina jolie fan.there is absolutely nothing to like about this movie its depressing and slow-moving and really has no redeeming qualities,to bad because Angelina Jolie gives a good performance,so because of her I gave this movie a C-.otherwise for the movie I would of just gave it a D-.

• Jan 04, 2012

With the exception of a solid performance from Angelina Jolie, there is absolutely nothing to like about this movie. It's depressing, slow-moving, and really has no redeeming qualities. Too bad, because Jolie is great, but she's not enough to carry the rest of it.

• Sep 14, 2011

HORRIBLE! WTH WAS JOLIE THINKING?! EVERYTHING ABOUT IT WAS JUST HORRIBLE! THIS WAS BAD FOR MEKHI EVEN!! WTF!!

• May 08, 2010

I was NOT expecting to like this movie, surprisingly I thought it was good! I liked the rawness of it. I'm surprised at how many bad reviews it has. The acting was pretty decent by everyone, especially Angelina.

• Joseph E Super Reviewer
    Apr 02, 2009

Courage can't win you reviews, but It can show acting skills.

Courage can't win you reviews, but It can show acting skills.

• Jan 28, 2009

First of all, the reason I watched this, is because Angelina Jolie is in it. I decided to watch all the movies she was in, so I started from this one. It's ok movie...nothing spectacular, but more enjoyable than most "Blockbusters" from these days. Angelina Jolie is , it seems, specially good in these kind of roles - psychically unstable characters... She had that kind of "masochistic" drive...It gives her that special charm in her roles. I wonder is it all gone with the family she made...I think, that if she lost it for good, she'll never reach higher level of acting than her past roles.

• Jan 26, 2009

The story was gd, but it was poorly concieved. Angelina Jolie was gd in it though, even if her character was a total nutcase.