High School Musical Reviews

• Jan 02, 2020

Inaccurate and corny is all I can say about this phenomenon.

Inaccurate and corny is all I can say about this phenomenon.

• Jan 02, 2020

A movie trilogy that my wife and I grew up on (the third one came out when I was a freshman) that is probably the best DCOMs that have ever been released. That's not saying much, however. It's a disney musical about high school directed toward kids, what did you really expect? I do have to be honest with you though, the songs are beyond catchy.

• Nov 30, 2019

I love this movie when I was kid growing up years and looking back at it it is still awesome Disney channel movie ever.

• Nov 18, 2019

It is ridiculously cheesy and some of the acting is poor. But I can't help but have a good time watching this movie. The songs are insanely catchy, the choreography is addictive, and everyone just looks like they're having a good time. A guilty pleasure.

• Nov 12, 2019

This is the most incredible move of the 2000s. Find me a young millennial or zoomer who doesn't know every word to every song. I DARE YOU.

• Jun 26, 2019

It was horrible. All 4 movies are horrible. If you watch Matthew Patrick's video on High school Musical's "Villain", you'll understand.

• May 20, 2019

This movie is cool, it is a musical. The actors sing very well, it is a romance! When they are happy or sad they sing. It is very cool.

• Apr 30, 2019

The most movies that captures ur breath with the drama and comedy! Loveeee itttttt alottt and can't get enough of watching it

• Apr 26, 2019

High school Musical is the precursor to its better sequels. It sets up all of the characters that flourish in the sequels. The character arc of both Troy and Gabriella are cliche but I would also argue classic. The whole film is executed smoothly with a story that may not be the most interesting but is still compelling and fun the whole way through. Zac Efron at the time did not sing because unlike the next two films this one contained music that was not written specifically to match his voice. The development of Troy and Gabriella's relationship is well set up here, a perfect precursor for the trials it goes through in the film following.

• Apr 22, 2019

The made-for-TV movie that became a classic solely because of Zac Efron, the choreography, and the music. And really, the choreography and music are where this movie really shines. Other than that, it's still just a cheap Romeo and Juliet modernization, with a predictable plot and even more predictable characters. Only worth watching for the music.