Hitchcock - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hitchcock Reviews

½ June 29, 2017
The master is immortalized by Hopkins, but suffers from consistency and storytelling.
June 18, 2017
Alternativamente diabólico, irônico, com alma, e espirituoso, Hitchcock é uma celebração a um dos maiores ícones do cinema, trazendo a frente o grande Hopkins com uma atuação nada menos que brilhante.
½ May 17, 2017
Its overly eerie moments roughen up the viewing experience, but superb performances and tense drama add up to another well-attempted window to the personal lives of celebrities.
April 21, 2017
amazing movie I really loved it
April 16, 2017
This movie was phenomenal. Helen and Hopkins blow their performances right out of the water. The problem with "professional" movie critics since the very first movie review is they think part of their job is to be overly pretentious. The more they insult movies with clever quips and overly grammatical sentences, the smarter they think they are. And so, when a great movie like Hitchcock appears, they pull out their thesaurus and go to work instead of actually looking at every detail of this film. I have no reviewing experience, at least professionally but I can tell when a movie is terrible or not. And this movie is the complete opposite of that. 5 stars only because I cant rate any higher on this website. And "professional" critics I say LIGHTEN UP AND JUST ENJOY THE FILM. Using smart long words only proves the utter stupidity you're trying to hide.
March 14, 2017
I really wanted to like this, I really did but what a mess. It focuses around the making of 'Psycho' one of my favourite films and the one that got me into cinema in the first place. Hopkins looks nothing like Hitch, in fact he just looks and sounds like Hopkins in a fat suit. Exactly what he is. Alma Hitchcock was many wonderful things and it's refreshing to see her focused on but she was not the glamorous Helen Mirren and the half baked affair storyline feels pointless. I'm not even going to start on the Ed Gein dream/hallucination scenes...
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 7, 2017
It wasn't perfect, but gave me a probable sense of the voyeur that he was.....
January 2, 2017
An INTERESTING film about Alfred Hitchcock's life as he was filming Psycho. Hitch had no idea whether it would be a hit or not, and financed himself. Thus providing a catalyst for this film, which focuses on his relationship with his wife. I do like "filmmmaking" movies, and this was entertaining for the most part. Though having Anthony Hopkins playing Hitch was a bit of a stretch.
½ December 6, 2016
An enjoyable look into Alfred Hitchcock's life during the making of 'Psycho', with Hopkins clearly relishing playing the famous director. Mirren is great as his wife Alma, and Johansson is good as Janet Leigh. Plenty of funny moments, with some domestic realism, balanced wit his witty professional demeanor. Great ending to a fun ride.
½ December 4, 2016
Even though there's not much to the plot, you just can't go far wrong when you have Anthony Hopkins playing the lead. Great cast elevates a fairly dour film up to a level of respectability.
November 21, 2016
I really enjoyed the way this was made and Hopkins was good. Mirren is great, as usual.
November 21, 2016
There are books and stories and movies about Hitchcock, but the story told from a relationship we haven't seen before is great. It puts the lives and perspectives of the central characters in focus and makes for a unique and interesting telling. Everyone gives truly moving and honest portrayals of love, passion, obsession, and movie making. It doesn't quite live up to things like Ed Wood or Birdman, but it does make for a fun companion piece to them.
November 20, 2016
Fab movie. Some quite funny bits and the very last scene had me howling. Really good insight into the making of psycho. Really enjoyable if you're a fan of his work. hopkins is incredible.
November 6, 2016
La pelìcula se centra en los acontecimientos durante la filmaciòn de Psycho y la relaciòn de Hitch con su esposa Alma. Pudo ser tratada mas cinematograficamente.
September 27, 2016
Great performances by Mirren and Hopkins.
September 19, 2016
I wish i could tell Mr. Hitchcock that my mom screamed at the "Mrs. Bates' Scene", spent some sleepless nights afterwards, and still fears re-watching it till this very day. Good job, Sir.. and M'am!
½ August 13, 2016
I liked this. Has a great feel and is well-acted.
August 11, 2016
Almost as good as a Hitchcock film itself....well ok but good anyway.
July 12, 2016
The story of Alfred Hitchcock's love life off set of Psycho.