Hook - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hook Reviews

September 19, 2017
I was pleasantly taken aback by this film. It becomes this balancing act between being dramatic and serious to being fantastical, silly, and even funny. It demonstrates the harshness of adult responsibilities, but also the innocent imagination that exists in the young. Both Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman delightfully play the hero and villain respectfully with hammy joy.
Some will take issue with the third act's plotholes and that is understandable, but I'd argue that they serve to strengthen the fairy tale aspects of the film because in the end, it IS a fairy tale where both perfection and reality are disposed of.
½ September 9, 2017
Stupid and pointless
½ September 5, 2017
i very much enjoyed this movie, i think it is the best peter pan movie made
August 27, 2017
A childhood favorite that still holds up today.
August 24, 2017
One of the best films ever made. If you can't enjoy this movie you are probably a Trump supporter.
July 29, 2017
Favorite childhood movie, bar none
July 24, 2017
An absolutely heartwarming and entertaining fantasy adventure, giving us a unique look at the story of Peter Pan. Clever and underrated. Many failed to see the charm this film created, and I sometimes wonder why.
July 21, 2017
One of the most underrated movies of all time! It's magical, adventurous and it's score is incredible!
July 19, 2017
I fucking love this movie. It has one of the best roles ever played by robin williams.??
½ July 19, 2017
J'adore this movie, ever since I became obsessed with watching it on video tape as a child. It is the ultimate fantasy fairy tale, brought to life by Hollywood's elite. You wouldn't even recognise Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook, but it's a stunning performance along with Robin Williams', and to think Julia Roberts was only good enough for a bit part role, just indicates how big this film was. Despite being over 2 hours long, this movie whizzes by, as you become captivated by the 'happy thoughts' and an action packed storyline. Initially forgetting who he was, an ageless Maggie Smith tries desperately to remind Peter Pan who he is, when needing to rescue his kidnapped kids from the comical villain. With the help of Tinkerbell and the Lost Boys, he soon rediscovers himself in time for the final battle on board a classic looking pirate ship. We all know how the story goes with Hook coming a cropper at the hands of his arch nemesis the crocodile, but we still love watching it 'pan' out. Some might say the final scenes even pull on the heart strings due to all the goodbyes that occur during and after the final sword fighting duels. I haven't really seen an alternative Peter Pan tale but in all honesty, I don't really want to as it's unlikely to ever come close to this - It's a timeless classic for all the right reasons; it's a legendary adventure, a comical genius, and fantastic family fun, not to mention its fond association with my childhood memories. One that will definitely be given the legendary status tag.
July 11, 2017
The best live action version of the story of Peter Pan ever, period. Great acting, great script, great score. Watchable by children and adults alike.
July 10, 2017
the movie gives an important message about growing up and growing old in a beautiful way. Steven Spielbeg is a genius and this a clever idea from him
July 10, 2017
I love this movie! Screw the critics!
½ July 1, 2017
(5.5 out of 6 stars)
When we see we have little time to spend balancing work and kids to see we don't always make it for everything. When we like to see more of somethings but have no time to do it. When others wish they saw us and spent more time to only let us down. When we see there us no time like the present when we see how short life us to come to an end. When we see we do make time for somethings when business is in hand and we remember some old faces and other faces we don't wish to see. When others see, time changes us all to see what we now become. When we see that we have no longer time to fo anything as we once saw it to not see it. When we see how much time changes us that it cleans our memory in what we shut out and let in instead. When what we saw all to much in, we no longer wish to see when a time we once were we make up to what we see now. When what others miss seeing when it was for a short time we wish to see again when we don't know what time does to us that passes the time and memories in what needs to see us. When we see that we must shut out the world in what others wish to see and only make the time in what we hope them to be, when it's much safer for us to keep an eye on. When what we don't see coming is a matter of time when our past comes back. When we see who we are and once were we never forgotten over time when we see a clear reminder in whom we thank. When we see what we couldn't see before when the signs are there but time changes us all in what we look like now then before. When what our past time life we heard about to not see it was us all along. When others see time is of the essence when it comes to those missing. When other things come back to make us see when it's time to return to a place we  once believed. When what we see we don't believe when we don't believe time stands still for us until we see for our vary eyes. When we see we are in a place where time doesn't matter when we have all the time in the world. When we see that we have no time for disloyalty when we run a tight ship waging revenge on a mighty foe. When others don't see who we are dealing with when time changes how we look and see. When we see we mean business when we have no time for kiddish games. When others have been waiting for the time for when would see their leader again to see those who are not like us are against us. When we see we are in a place where this isn't our time and all what we see are for those whom time is for the young & free. When we see we don't got time to make others see who we really are. When what others can't see how time ravishes us all to turn back the time in what we can't see. When we see that time is against those who are old & unfree. When we see its time to change sides and make time on our side when we see we need an heir. When we see time is on our side when we have all the time in the world to make others see us as one of their own. When there is always time to learn something new or something old to see what we sre missing. When somethings we are missing out on only others can see what such places locks and unlocks that pushes us on the right side or wrong side. When somethings we don't see we don't have time for when it all looks absurd. When what we don't see or believe we need a little push overtime to see which side we fit in quite well. When what we start to see and believe we begin to see our happy thoughts when it's deep within us all the time. When we see we have other happy thoughts that stick with us to the end of time or end of the day that we never forget. When we see we hold onto timeless keepsakes that is passed on from time to time that we remember what is important. When time will tell how we see one another over time that makes us who we are in the future that we can't see. When we see what we missed out on we make up with lost time in what is not too late. When we see others who see us and want to spend time with us we stick with. When who we are only this place knows what us true and belongs when time is on ourside and takes care of its own to guide us along the way. When we can't see the past like we used to, to get helpful reminders of what time we lost with those we left behind. When we see a time where it all began, the people we met, who saved us, and the time we gave it up all. When we see that we wish time stood still for us and others but it couldn't that we decided to let time take us in order for us to spend time with others and our home. When we see why we left, when sad memories blocked happy memories over time when getting old is hard when being young is much more easier. When some places we wished for us to be in we know we can't stay long over time when we already have a life we need to see till we have time too. When we don't believe what we see when time flys by to see how long it's been till we meet eachother again for another adventure worth telling throughout the ages. When we see what keeps us in some places in time is not spending time with those who we don't normally see in ourselves when we are child at heart, young & free once fighting for what we believe in against those who time is not for. When who we see we know our reputation proceeds us when time makes us a legend. When what we see is much more then a fighter and leader  when our presence over time gives us much more in family, a purpose and life when we are around. When we see time will always makes us enemies that we can't stay long for that we need to see our enemies end. When what we see others are afraid of seeing is time when it's been far too long and time has been ungenerous to us to see one last time we relive that fight that keeps us youthful in everyone's memories as Peter Pans one true nemesis Captain Hook. When we see its time for some stories and adventures to end to see we must go to return again one day for another adventure another time. When we see its time to appoint a new leader while we are gone to see we put this place in rightful hands. When we see we choose to go back to a place where time is against us but that is what makes it extra special when time is precious that we spend every second with those as much as we can. When we see life is hard growing up to see that we don't let time blow right by us for its real and life is the most precious thing we got to hold onto that is the greatest adventure we got.
June 26, 2017
It's a good movie. I really don't like that Robin Williams had to play an angry role. I could never see him that way. But what he had to work with, he did a very good job in his performance.
May 22, 2017
Most of you people forget what makes this movie a cult classic. Apart from the cast (which was very well put together), the movie designers created a truly imaginative environment, staying true to the lightheartedness that I grew up with after reading the stories, and then the movie. Higher up on the list, the story is as inviting as the world it's set in, enveloping us in a story of the meaning of family, friendship, the truth of taking a role of "dad", and even the importance of the happy thought. Truly an original family movie you can watch again and again

P.S. you know the critics are wrong when more people like the movie than the critics do.
May 12, 2017
Boring to watch I will have to say
May 11, 2017
You're a fool if you write this anything less than five stars