Hook - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hook Reviews

April 25, 2017
why is this movie so long
April 22, 2017
Literally the greatest film ever
April 6, 2017
great childhood memories when I watch this. it brings that innocence of childhood back. loved it then and I love it now.
March 17, 2017
Amazing. Watch it. You wont regret it.
March 16, 2017
A great adoption of peter pan played by the late great robin Williams. In this version peter rediscovers the meaning of life by rediscovering his inner child. A must watch for all robin Williams and peter pan fans and those who need help rediscovering their own childhoods
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 31, 2017
Adventurous and filled with child like wonder. Robin Williams gives a performance that will hug an adult into loving life again.
January 31, 2017
This movie is amazing. How could critics rate this movie so poorly?!
½ January 5, 2017
Best Peter Pan adapation, it has heart and humor, one of best movies of my childhood. Didn't realized the bad reviews. I think it's something nostalgic especially when u watch it when u were still a kid.
January 4, 2017
There are a few movies from the past that I rate as absolute classic Kids or Family movies. Things like The Sandlot. This is right up there with them.
Viewing critically, I think the only bad thing about this movie is some weak child acting, but kids won't notice that and adults will be too busy being amazed by Dustin Hoffman playing the best Captain James Hook ever to grace the screen.
Filled with quotable moments, it's a perfect movie for resuscitating your inner child.
November 27, 2016
This is a movie I always watch around Christmas. A wonderful tale.
½ November 13, 2016
This is another Spielberg film I have not seen, until now. Far better than I thought it would be. Strong performances, and even an appearance from Phil Collins, keep the film going, when things start to get too sickly.
October 2, 2016
What kind of black-hearted, joy-hating, imaginationless person must you be to not enjoy 'Hook'? If you can't watch this movie and go along with Peter as he finds the child in his own heart, I pity you and your obviously sad existence.
September 17, 2016
Lazy, uninspiring, and childish; Steven Spielberg's "Hook" proves that sometimes great filmmakers can also fall. Most of the set pieces look just like that, film sets that can easily be distinguished from what is real and what was filmed on stage. Dustin Hoffman was fun as the charismatic Captain Hook, but he wasn't enough to overcome his cheesy dialogue and the rest of the ridiculous moments he kept having. Can't believe they brought nothing new to the Peter Pan fable. The only time we see Peter Pan is when we're 3/4 into the movie. John Williams again shines as the film's composer and that's the only positive thing about the movie. Spielberg should have read the script twice before entering production. Just saying.
September 11, 2016
Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman are incredible, not to mention RUFIO RUFIO RUFIO!
September 4, 2016
Hook boasts entertaining performances from Robin Williams, Dustin Hoffman, and Bob Hoskins, but it's an uneven film with an overabundance of sappy sentiment and a distinct lack of magic or fun.
July 27, 2016
Hook (1991) C-144m. ?? D: Steven Spielberg. Dustin Hoffman, Robin Williams, Julia Roberts, Bob Hoskins. Joyless, cheerless big-budget version of J.M. Barrie's classic tale, supposedly takes place after his story where Peter Pan, now an adult, returns to Neverland to be reunited with the characters and dangers of his childish imagination. Hoffman, Williams, and even Hoskins are perfect for their parts, but why this isn't a straightforward retelling of Peter Pan, and why everything looks red and brown (instead of blue and green) are just a few of this movie's many flaws. Hugely disappointing. Drab photography by Dean Cundey. Where's the magic and wonder of Peter Pan!?
July 16, 2016
It wasn't til i grew up that i realised the negative reputation it had. This was my favorite childhood film and still is, I even own the soundtrack twice over. This has some truly magical moments and the soundtrack composed by John Williams only adds to the magic, I would recommend you give it a go, you may love it...
½ July 5, 2016
Critics have their heads up their asses on this one which is nothing but golden thru and thru. The more time passes the fonder people remember this film and more people discover it. If that's not the definition of a classic regardless of technical flaws, I don't know what is.
July 3, 2016
A childhood gem filled with action, humor, and cinematic magic.