How I Live Now Reviews

• Feb 19, 2019

Very, very, very tweeny, with an endless parade of plot holes, but ultimately does build some drama, and the performances aren't annoying. Oddly dark and gory for tweens. Or is this actually targeted at lobotomised grown ups? And... cousins?

• Dec 29, 2018

Rated down by losers who only get off on zombie flicks.

Rated down by losers who only get off on zombie flicks.

• Dec 22, 2018

I watched this film about 2 years ago. It had me hooked from the first scene. Somehow I was emotionally attached to the characters. I totally forgot about this film until recently. I knew I loved it but could not remember the name of it so I spent about 90 minutes searching online for the name and I finally got it. I HIGHLY recommend it!

• Nov 04, 2018

Well its a good drama movie the death of Isaac broke my down it's really good movie love it it's a 93% certificate fresh Tom Holland was awesome

• Aug 05, 2018

What happened to Issac just should not have happened. Thats it!

What happened to Issac just should not have happened. Thats it!

• Jul 02, 2018

Saoirse Ronan is compelling and wrings out a panoply of emotional growth in this film.

• Jun 01, 2018

A young adult variation of the Apocalypse coming sub-genre, with Ronan doing a serviceable American accent and looking the part as a US teen visiting UK 'family' during turbulent times. The film has power despite its shortcomings. Plus we get to see Saoirrse kill her own father. Really.

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Jan 21, 2018

Kevin Macdonald is crafting out some very unique films but this film had me sitting in the middle. Visually the film is great and some of the depictions of war atrocities are hard hitting but quite empty when you compare it to the rest of the films. The characters are introduced and you have a considerable amount of time with them but after the invasion and attack they are completely ignored. There was a better film here and the casting of Ronan suggested quality but sadly this didn't come to fruition. The film really comes undone in the final third and you get no answers on what is happening or the why, something that could have been covered in the final third. The characters are quite empty in the end and if the filmmakers weren't going to give answers, they really needed to have a strong character driven film. 20-01-2017.

• Nov 20, 2017

did no one notice that they were cousins? Uh, gross

did no one notice that they were cousins? Uh, gross

• Oct 01, 2017

It may not seem significant in any way, but How I Live Now is tense, thrilling, and heartwarming. Saoirse Ronan is honestly a gift to humanity, and her American accent is as flawless as her performance overall. Young Tom Holland is also surprisingly talented. The script avoids typical YA tropes and cliches, and the characters are well-developed. There are some controversial themes, but they're easy to overlook. To top it all off, it's a rare movie that has an appropriate "roll credits" moment - the first time someone says the title is right before the credits roll.