Hulk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hulk Reviews

½ January 25, 2017
Not a bad story but the acting and animation seemed too cartoonish and very unrealistic
½ January 21, 2017
Visually very pretty, but scene transition was painful on the eyes. Tried to enjoy it for what it was, but the ridiculousness of circumstances and extremely drawn-out plot made this movie quite hard to get through.
½ January 14, 2017
Hulk(2003) is just another forgettable and boring movie that tries to bring the green raging beast to life. The action is good and the movie can be entertaining. Sadly, those were the only two good things about this movie because everything else is over-the-top. Eric Bana is not a bad actor, but his Hulk portrayal was too relying on CGI eye-popping bad visuals and most of the other actors can scream too much, kinda like Christian Bale in Terminator Salvation. The action is good, when the movie isn't so slow. I almost fell asleep on this movie but stayed awoke just to make this short review. If you wanna see a well handled hulk movie, go see The Incredible Hulk. This movie is probably one of Ang Lee's weakest to worst movies.
January 5, 2017
films become stupid, exaggerated with delusions of grandeur for a character from which you'd expect something more, and much more as it gets in merchandise Marvel
½ January 4, 2017
boring for a comic based movie.
December 19, 2016
I know I am going against the flow but... This is the best stand alone version of Hulk. It has a story, character development, an amazing director and a well put together cast that sold the storyline. I would love to see another stand alone hulk with Mark Ruffalo and written and directed by Joss Whedon. THAT would be amazing.
November 9, 2016
Such a noble swing-and-a-miss. In what may be the artsiest superhero blockbuster ever, I completely love the way Lee is bold in his stylistic choices, like the design of Hulk himself and the literal use of the comic book form in the cinematography & editing. But the visual touches are bombarded by completely vacant characters, misguided tonal shifts and a plot that's largely not compelling. An oddball, fx-driven action film that's too serious, too slow, too emotionally simple and too narratively complicated.
November 1, 2016
I didn't it was good at all. The Hulk was animated. That sucked.
October 27, 2016
For all of Hulk's shortcomings, at least it did something that very few comic book films do, to try and push the genre forward in new ways both emotionally and stylistically.
October 15, 2016
It is boooring... Besides the Cast is not convincing, very dead scenarios, appaling effects, change of origin... Simply, of the worst movies I've ever seen.
½ October 7, 2016
2013-02-01 JC was great, EB good, NN evil/deranged. Rewatched 2016-10-07.
September 27, 2016
One of my childhood movies and it was a great way to get hulk onto the big screen.
½ September 5, 2016
An overall good experience for comic-book-literate and general audiences, but a few minor plot holes that leave audiences questioning the motives of several characters prevent the film from being an overall INCREDIBLE experience.
½ August 28, 2016
The visual effects are far from bad, but the storytelling is far from great.
½ August 26, 2016
Not really good in general
August 25, 2016
Too bad they messed up the cgi and the ending. It could of been so much more.
½ August 23, 2016
Holy crap what a train wreck, Eric Bana stars as Hulk for...reasons, don't get me wrong, I like the actor, he was just horribly miscast as Bruce Banner. But that's like the 5th thing wrong with this. There's way too much damn talking about the least interesting things possible in the film. Hulk only appears like 4 times max, when he was onscreen, he looked really fake, but there were still some genuinely good action scenes. That still didn't make up for the incredibly banal dialogue and acting that filled 75% of the film. The ending was also very anticlimactic, with a horrible villian played by Nick Nolte, who is a great actor, but just didn't deliver in this one, he mumbled through his lines and appeared extremely bored. Hulk is not a very good film, watch the Edward Norton reboot instead, and cross your fingers that eventually someone will make a genuinely great Hulk movie
½ August 15, 2016
Holds up well. Very underrated.
½ August 6, 2016
I thought it was a really good movie. I am a big fan on the Hulk, and the plot was decent. The editing felt like a comic book but it may have been a little over done, and the CGI was okay.
½ August 5, 2016
Another old school superhero film that is not half as bad as people make it out to be & I think was way ahead of it's time. Does it drag in some places? Absolutely! Are the Hulk dogs ridiculous? Damn right they are! But the trippy visuals & comic book style framing make this one worth revisiting. HULK SMASH!