Hulk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hulk Reviews

½ July 10, 2016
Hulk is a film about Bruce Banner, a scientist who doesn't realize what he has inside of him. When he is exposed to gamma radiation it, unleashes his inner Hulk when he becomes angry. Overall, Hulk is a thoughtful film, but is lacking in action and has way too many shots of comic book style panels for scenes. Not a bad film, but really needs better action.
July 7, 2016
i have had a love hate relationship with this but i think it's good because it was the darkest superhero movie of its time
½ June 29, 2016
sucks balls, do not watch.
June 28, 2016
Looking for a positive well you got the wrong movie.I don't know what Ang Lee was thinking when he made this movie but it's horrible.The only good part is the cameo for Stan Lee and Lou Ferrigno.Theres terrible CGI "Give me a second I just throw up in my mouth thinking about it"Well I give it a 1 out of 5 stars.
June 19, 2016
very disappointing a character I've enjoyed for many years but this film did him no justice.
June 13, 2016
boring,lacks action and hulk looks like garbage
June 12, 2016
no offense people but this movie sucked 0 stars two thumbs down and yes I've seen it, it was a waste of my life
June 11, 2016
Warning: contains spoilers. This received one star because the acting was one thing I could not fault. Excellent performance from top-notch actors and actresses. Ultimately, though this movie was worthy of Mystery Science Theatre 3000. Let me tell you why.
1. Really terrible CGI. The Hulk just looks plain fake. And he is bright green. Like lime jell-o green. For some reason, when he gets shot his body jiggles like jell-o. Whoever did the CGI never studied anatomy and apparently never watched another human being move, because you should see the weird contortions of the Hulk's muscles when he jumps.

2. Terrible plot. There's this creepy janitor and he turns out to be Bruce's dad who experimented on his own baby boy because he's one sick puppy who was more concerned about science than his son. Bruce, as the Hulk, has to fight his dad's hunting dogs who have been turned into Hulkdogs. Eventually his dad becomes a version of the Absorbing Man. Their fight scene is mostly talking and makes no sense. After the movie was over in theatres, I talked to several people. None of them understood that scene.

3. The presentation of the film was awful. The scenes transitioned with PowerPoint slide effects. No. Seriously. At one point there is a bunch of boxing in and out and multiple scenes being presented at the same time with most of the screen being black and unused. Looks like a kid got ahold of the editing equipment and went wild.
At least the MCU version was better.
½ June 2, 2016
not too bad. The coolest part was when the Hulk uses tanks as melee weapons.
½ May 8, 2016
Hulk is a film filled with wonderful potential. Featuring fantastic visuals, a unique style of filmmaking, and a classic climax that is acted to perfection, the film ought to be a surefire winner. Unfortunately, a needlessly complex plot, a longer-than-necessary runtime that is further bogged down by slow pacing, and decent action sequences that become repetitious though visually impressive, Hulk is more of a letdown than it ought to be. Still, the film is worth watching for all the things it does right; just don't expect to be completely enthralled for every second.
½ May 2, 2016
Ang Lee is just not suitable to direct superhero movie. We need more SFX, brilliant plot, explosion, but not emo and talking in a superhero movie.
½ May 1, 2016
Hands down the worst Marvel movie ever. Words cannot describe how much I hated The Hulk, Ang Lee isn't that good of a director and The Hulk is proof of that. Jennifer Connelly and Nick Nolte are the only two good actors in this film and to be honest their talents are completely wasted in this film. Out of the three Hulks there have been Eric Bana is down right the worst of them all. Ang Lee has one semi descent film under his belt which is Life of Pi and thats pretty much it and even that film I could barely sit through, however it wasn't nearly as bd as this film was. Luckily for fans of The Hulk we have had two great performances from Edward Norton, and Mark Ruffalo which if you ask me is hard to chose which one is better. If you were disappointed with this garbage film than watch The Incredible Hulk (2008) you will be much more satisfied.
½ April 14, 2016
Worst Marvel movie ever!
½ April 13, 2016
It's very ambitious, not a masterpiece, but I still enjoy it for what it is. The psychological and peril aspect of it really captured my attention, but I admit that it had a hard time trying to balance those things off with everything else going on in this film.
Null
½ April 6, 2016
Sappy, dry, dramatic and boring. Hulk (2003) has some aspects I like such as the three lead characters, the villain is meh, the Hulk scenes are pretty cool and it does have some interesting ideas. But this film is very slow paced, filled with pretty wooden dialogue and is too drama heavy rather than fueling us comic book fans with more action. Overall this film is a misguided attempt at a Hulk film.
March 26, 2016
Extremely well-crafted in the direction and plotting with a lot of creativity on display in the editing and photography, CGI stills stands up far better than The Incredible Hulk five years later and has more weight to it; but the audience is left wanting for Hulk! The film is mix of tones; there's nicely underplayed parts, resisting the temptation for a screaming damsel in distress for example, but hamminess too, two of the three antagnonists have some terrible dialogue, especially Bruce's father who would have been better served if less out and out bad and more morally ambiguous. The real downfall, however, is the human drama, which is hard to get emotionally invested in, much like the main character finds about his self. As such, what could have been a great comic-book movie is merely a decent one.
March 23, 2016
If you're going to watch this do so baked. It'll rock your world.
March 21, 2016
Its fun to see the Hulk on the screen but the movie feels so slow and dull.
½ March 21, 2016
If my understanding of this site is correct than this means that what ever critics are used for doing the reviews on the movies here can simply be replaced with monkey. So this movie was given 61 % and Man of Steel was given 56 %. Hulk got 29 % from users, and MOS 76 %, same thing in IMDB fans voted MOS 2 points up and got reviews from more than 300 000 than Hulk did, in the boxoffice MOS did a lot more money than Hulk , like 400 Million more ? Someone please explain ? No sense