Hulk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hulk Reviews

½ February 24, 2018
Come on how why do people not like this movie? This is a great movie. It has a great story line. It also has great acting. It is a good movie. See it.
February 24, 2018
Not the best MARVEL movie. Half the people I was watching it with were asleep by the end of the film. The plot wasn't terrible, with unexpected twists and turns. On the other hand, the Hulk didn't appear enough in the picture to make the "excellent movie" cut for me. What's more, the special effects were by MARVEL standards, awful. Still, Hulk was entertaining, even though it didn't blow me away. Not a must-see, but not terrible either.
½ February 10, 2018
i hate this movie so much, one of the worst movies i ever saw it is a complete mess, horrible acting, boring, full of plot holes, undeveloped charactersand messey script and dialogue.
February 6, 2018
This is a very thought provoking film that doesn't get enough attention. I find it the Donnie Darko of comic book films before The Dark Knight Trilogy and Logan. The acting is superb, the angst is well-written and is much better than the 2008 film.
½ February 4, 2018
Rotten Tomatoes critics are typically on point with their ratings- but this is by far the worst offense of being way off from what i believe. Hulk is a horrible movie, and one of the worst superhero movies I've ever seen- yes it's worse than Batman and Robin. I was drifting off when I watched this, and I typically can't fall asleep during movies. It was a rough 2 hours. It boggles my mind that this has a fresh rating. Higher than Man of Steel and The Amazing Spider-Man 2? That's ridiculous. The audience reviews really show how this movie is- awful.
½ January 20, 2018
Part of me really wants to embrace its strangeness and unique visual style that was never seen before in any other comic book movie at the time. I'm all for a talky, dialogue-heavy superhero movie that deals with the inner struggle of its protagonist and his identity. Hell, I'm one of the few people who finds Josh Trank's "Fant4stic" passable, so why not embrace Ang Lee's take on this giant green monster, right?

Yeah, that didn't happen.

What a mess of a movie. For starter, this film made Sam Elliott and Nick Nolte look boring, and it is almost impossible for these guys to look boring in movies. With such lifeless, bland characters at the center of it and the story that is so dull and, frankly, pointless, it was beyond painful to see Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly (two really fine actors in my opinion) talking like some really screwed-up replicants. Do they even possess a soul? Or a heart? Or even consciousness? Why are they talking like robots? Who are these people??

The visual effects do not hold up at all and most of the action set-pieces (not that there were many) lack any sense of heft or visceral thrill. The dialogue is not interesting, the editing style is so awkward (trying to recreate the look of a comic book, with multiple shots popping up within one big frame), and in the end you learn nothing about the characters or their motivations or their purpose in life. I really, really didn't like this movie. What a disappointment.
January 17, 2018
Great movie it just came out at a bad time if it had come out in 2009 i would have been loved i would watch this all the time
January 14, 2018
Not bad. Interesting. More of a character study. Some decent action sequences. Story was okay I guess, but a little slow. Pretty good acting.
January 6, 2018
This is yet another movie ruined by the overbearing tone. The tone and mood of this film is just morbid through out. It gets really exhausting and takes itself too seriously with very few moments of levity. The script does not help the story, in fact the dialogue is too short and unnatural. making it too hard to understand each characters intention and motive. The movie tries too hard to be dark and complex but it just comes off as weird,superficial, surrealistic , and unrelatable.
Granted the action scenes are fun, the acting is on par, and the soundtrack is intriguing which is all goes to shame because the script and deadpan atmosphere drain the film of its life. The director was clearly going for a Suspense thriller with lots of mellow drama and tragedy but the movie title, franchise, and thus expectations of the fans warranted a Spirited Action Adventure, along the lines of Batman Begins.
If the dialogue had been more genuine, and the tone adjusted slightly to be a little less dreary, than this would have been a much better film. Instead the movie wallows in its own sad existence and drags the audience down into its depressing state. What we got was a confused tale of woeful people and odd ball pseudo science with a heavy dose of misery and regret.
½ January 5, 2018
I think one day And Lee's Hulk will be appreciated for the artistic work that it is, there is style and depth to this movie, surprises, and great comic book styling, The story centers around two characters Betty and Banner who both are the offspring of egomaniacal fathers. They each have to deal with the damage that results from these relationships. It deals with the results of these damaged relationships and is not just "hulk smash". This is well thought out production that picks up on numerous classic movie references that are fun to pick out, and the Hulk Poodle is sheer genius.
January 4, 2018
Poor visuals and a flawed narrative that does not explore the fractured superhero's potential, Hulk is Ang Lee's poor attempt to prove the Hulk a viable and layered superhero.
December 22, 2017
A terrible, terrible movie. File under what were they thinking?
December 16, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Entretenida pero infantil.
½ December 6, 2017
i love this movie called Hulk
½ December 4, 2017
Too much sitting around and talking, and not enough Hulk smashing things.
½ November 21, 2017
A simply bad comic book movie, bad CGI, and sadly bad acting with some good/talented actors. Seeing Ang Lee's Crouching Tiger all I can think to myself while watching this is "What was he thinking?"
October 19, 2017
It's just boring, though I will admit Nick Nolte was fun as the father
½ October 7, 2017
Only good thing was the hulk. But movie successes.
September 4, 2017
I think a story adapted to a movie about one of the most brutal and awesome super heroes of all time couldn't be more boring tha these. "Hulk" couldn't be more dissappointing than this movie, even when it is directed by one of the best directors of all time - Ang Lee. How did this movie failed? The answer is: bad acting, bad plot, bad dialogues, bad rythm, bad editing, bad visual effects and bad action scenes. Only actors like Eric Bana, Nick Nolte and Sam Elliot could avoid this movie from being totally unwatchable. But in the end, it was one of the most bland, boring and long Marvel movies ever made.
August 28, 2017
Some of the action is cool but the acting and characters are boring