Hulk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hulk Reviews

½ July 20, 2017
Just Awful. Pure shit.
July 18, 2017
A slow Bland 2 star movie with a lot of talking and not enough smashing this movie is awful
July 18, 2017
I think Ang Lee is a talented director but this is easily one of his biggest blunder.
½ July 18, 2017
wow. i watched this in theaters and hated it. i almost didn't watch the norton hulk because of how bad this was, but ramsey convinced me that it has nothing to do with that movie and is being completely redone (i LOVE that movie). after rewatching norton, i was just curious about the first one as i remembered nothing about it since i watched it once in theaters. i now see again. wow. hands down the most boring superhero movie of all time. the music selection was so awful and off. i kept asking myself what am i watching. they tried to make it serious and deep, but none of those parts hit. NONE of them. they would just show him looking at flowers and stuff. there are so many wtf and omg moments in this movie. also, it's ridiculously boring. i had to watch it in parts and fast speed for some of the boring scenes. also, lmao, the villain wasn't introduced until 2 hours into this 2:18 movie. including the credits, that's with ten minutes left in the movie. it's astonishing. the hulk looked like a cartoon. when the bullets bounced off of him, it was like his skin was soft and flexible like a balloon or something, smh. i have no opinion of eric bana, but he SUCKED. he was so lame, a horrible choice to play this role. the little action there was was useless. mostly running, jumping, shooting, and missing. this movie makes me appreciate the norton hulk and MCU in general. thank you guys (2 viewings)
½ June 26, 2017
This Movie was Great! Plot was spot on. CGI was on point. Way better than this modern recycled CGI that Marvel loves to use. This Hulk was actually believable. This is how a superhero Movie should be. Intense not fun with jokes.
June 24, 2017
This was a very stupid movie. I thought the plot got quit stupid at times and I did not like the way the hulk looked in this. Eric Bana did an ok job but not as good as Edward Norton or Mark Ruffalo

4.2/10
May 8, 2017
So they did a remake of this movie. And I'm not a fan of this one
½ May 4, 2017
I liked how they made small eastereggs to the comics. Sure the villain was questionable, but over all it was it was more accurate compared to the other adaptations, besides the villain.
April 28, 2017
It's uhh, there is nothing to talk about it's just a stupid movie
April 10, 2017
If it were done nowadays, it would have received a way better rating. The serious tone was too new for audiences back then.
March 31, 2017
Hulk is directed by Ang Lee and is one of the most original comic adaptations I've seen. The story is nothing really special. Bruce Banner is a scientist whose father had various DNA changing experiments and whatnot. His father experimented mostly on himself and thus Bruce inherited the "monster" genes his father created within himself. Bruce is now experiencing physical changes whenever he gets angry and there's an army hunting him to lock him up and use his genes for their own benefit. There's been many movies with this sort of a story, but what makes Hulk so special is the way it's edited and directed. Ang Lee is a great director and while a superhero movie is not something I expected from him, he did a pretty good job! The direction is great, especially during the action sequences which are fantastic. I really enjoyed the action in Hulk. Yes, it was very CGI-heavy, but the CGI was surprisingly not so much of a distraction. Hulk himself looks amazing! I was very impressed with Hulk's look. The transformation of Bruce into the Hulk is a bit odd, but it looks great. I can't stress it enough. Hell, he looks better than in The Incredible Hulk from 2008! Although, there isn't a lot of Hulk in the movie. Bruce doesn't transform until about 40 minutes in and from then on, he shows up fairly regularly but not for very long. I was a bit disappointed when it came to that. The characters are very well portrayed and I really appreciate the fact that we got a lot of character development and scenes which might come of as pretentious/artsy, but are actually pretty damn well executed. This is the thing that most people did not like at all; that the movie was too much pretentious metaphors that don't belong in a Marvel movie. I honestly didn't mind it. I watch a lot of movies that belong in the "artsy" genre, so I was pleasantly surprised to see a superhero movie like it. Bruce has a very troubled past and he keeps some of the memories repressed, particulary the memory of how his mother actually died. This leads to some very interesting scenes and sort of makes the Hulk seem like a physical manifestation of all the anger/misery/dread/sadness that Bruce keeps locked inside of himself. One of the standout scenes for me is when Bruce is in Hulk form and a plane is taking him to a very high altitude which causes him to lose conscious; while he's passed out, he dreams. In the dream, he's back to being Bruce shaving himself in front of a very steamy mirror. When Bruce starts wiping the steam off of the mirror, on the other side is Hulk, making the same movements that Bruce does. Then, Hulk smashes through the mirror and grabs Bruce. This, I thought, was very interesting and a good portrayal of how Hulk, the repressed emotions, took over Bruce. The acting. The acting's good. I had no problem with any of the actors, although Nick Nolte as Bruce's father can be a bit off. He yells a lot and looks like a hobo; which makes some of his scenes quite comedic, even though they're not supposed to be. Eric Bana as Bruce Banner is great. I quite like his portrayal of the character. I don't have any other problems with the acting, really. The soundtrack is by Danny Elfman, who also scored Sam Raimi's Spider-Man and its first sequel. Spider-Man has one of my most favourite soundtracks of all time, and Danny Elfman continues to prove he's a great musician in Hulk. The opening of Hulk is much like the opening of Raimi's Spider-Man movies and I really enjoyed it. The theme song is fantastic! The ending, I thought, was epic. The fight sequence between Hulk and his father was very impressive and exciting. All in all, Hulk is a good movie. It may be a bit too pretentious and long to some, but I had no problem with the movie being like that so I had a good time. I wouldn't recommend this movie to everyone, but I certainly think it's worth watching.
March 20, 2017
Better and truer to the dark tone of the comics than the stupid MCU Hulk. You can't beat Ang Lee's character driven direction.
March 14, 2017
I loved it as a child, going back to it as an adult it may be as bad as Batman Forever.
March 4, 2017
Marvel Hulk 2003 years
½ January 25, 2017
Not a bad story but the acting and animation seemed too cartoonish and very unrealistic
½ January 21, 2017
Visually very pretty, but scene transition was painful on the eyes. Tried to enjoy it for what it was, but the ridiculousness of circumstances and extremely drawn-out plot made this movie quite hard to get through.
½ January 14, 2017
Hulk(2003) is just another forgettable and boring movie that tries to bring the green raging beast to life. The action is good and the movie can be entertaining. Sadly, those were the only two good things about this movie because everything else is over-the-top. Eric Bana is not a bad actor, but his Hulk portrayal was too relying on CGI eye-popping bad visuals and most of the other actors can scream too much, kinda like Christian Bale in Terminator Salvation. The action is good, when the movie isn't so slow. I almost fell asleep on this movie but stayed awoke just to make this short review. If you wanna see a well handled hulk movie, go see The Incredible Hulk. This movie is probably one of Ang Lee's weakest to worst movies.
January 5, 2017
films become stupid, exaggerated with delusions of grandeur for a character from which you'd expect something more, and much more as it gets in merchandise Marvel
½ January 4, 2017
boring for a comic based movie.
December 19, 2016
I know I am going against the flow but... This is the best stand alone version of Hulk. It has a story, character development, an amazing director and a well put together cast that sold the storyline. I would love to see another stand alone hulk with Mark Ruffalo and written and directed by Joss Whedon. THAT would be amazing.