I Melt with You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Melt with You Reviews

½ October 3, 2016
Uncomfortable that gets under your skin flick of adrenaline, if you like these senses than by all means watch it. The madness of drugs in all its glory.
July 13, 2016
Dark movie, real feelings, well done.
March 12, 2016
I gave you crabs.

Four best friends growing up made a secret pact that they remember during their annual get together. They made promises to each other and themselves with certain consequences if they didn't remember or execute their dreams. This year the promises have consequences with an impact of no return.

"Do you believe in heaven?"
"I wish I did."

Mark Pellington, director of Arlington Road, Henry Poole is Here, Mothman Prophecies, Going All of the Way, and Strangers, delivers I Melt with You. The storyline for this picture is interesting but not overly unique. I did enjoy watching some of the characters demise but the overall plot was cliché. The acting is good and the cast includes Thomas Jane, Rob Lowe, Christian McKay, Jeremy Piven, and Sasha Grey.

"I still don't know why I've done the things that I've done."

I randomly came across this on Netflix and decided to add it to the wish list. This was worth a viewing, but definitely very average and just okay. I wouldn't go to out of my way to see this, but I'd leave it on if you came across it channel surfing.

"I'm on vacation."

Grade: C+
November 5, 2015
A very different, manic, trippy, and overall depressing film about aging and the emptiness of the day-to-day.
October 18, 2015
It's not as bad as people said, it was actually interesting, good acting by the assemble cast, it's very dark, dark and emotional film and as the plot unfolds, each twist and turn my jaw on the floor, good solid writing and concept, good visuals and soundtracks, go ahead and give this one a watch. It's very depressing tho, but still emotionally charged. As that being said I give " I Melt With You" a C.
August 30, 2015
Loved every moment. Sad and suspenseful
April 13, 2015
Bleak film follows four high school friends who catch up annually to talk shit, drink and get high, and wax nostalgia about there high school years no one seems to really care what each other is up to now thats because there all so selfish and have squandered their lives destroying any possible early potential they may have shown,linked more than they will ever know this is one week long bender none of them will recover from.Bleak and nihillistic theres something shockingly watchable about these four douches and maybe a few life lessons that can be learned from the squandering of lost potential.
½ February 12, 2015
The cinematographer was a little ADD with the camera/lens choices. Motion sickness sets in. Coloring is not consistent. Editing gives you schizophrenia. The characters, individually, are compelling and leave you wanting to know more...but each actor seems to be focused on highlighting their own interpretation so much that rather than viewing 4 lifelong friends on a retreat you feel like it's a bunch of narcissists looking to one up the other.

Good concept. Poor execution. Save yourself the two hours.
January 2, 2015
Was okay until it reached the so-called "climax", completely over-melodramatic and unnecessary. And it kind of gave me a gross feeling in my stomach after watching it
December 27, 2014
Absolutely and absurdly beautiful. However incredibly, incredibly flawed. Worth watching and absorbing late at night.
November 9, 2014
a good film actually especially the punch line kicks in. underrated. critics are utterly morons. beautifully filmed as well.
½ August 18, 2014
This movie is depressing as fuck but it was beautifully shot and features a lot of drug use. It's still not exactly a "feel-good" movie nor is it something I'd ever want to watch again.
½ June 15, 2014
Watching the first half is like being the designated driver at a wild party. The second half is an absurdly unrealistic downward spiral.
June 7, 2014
I watched I Melt With You last night and although I thought there were a couple flaws, found it refreshingly original and very well done for an independent!

I came here to Rotten Tomatoes and to my surprise read all of these "clever" little reviews panning it. Wow. I seem to be in the minority here - but then again, episodic TV and cable channel releases make me want to SLIT MY WRISTS with their flat lighting, one dimensional stories and flimsy, robotic, predictably beautiful characters.

Maybe the movie struck a chord in me because I enjoy watching great acting and interesting, off beat stories that don't follow the typical, obvious Hollywood model.

There are no car chase scenes here . . . oh my. Maybe that's why some people didn't like it. There is little nudity. No love story. No couples cheating on one another behind each others backs. And there are no superheros, gangsters, guns, vampires, talent shows or even one single dance competition in the entire script!

Well . . . one can easily see that this originally written and expertly executed flick is not for the average movie goer . . .

; )

Peace
½ May 27, 2014
Strange one this one..made for an interesting albeit crazy watch. Not sure I got the message ..hmm
½ May 18, 2014
The twist & turn is so abrupt & confusing, but I just like its being different as men's mid-life crisis story.
March 22, 2014
When I first saw the trailer a couple of years ago, I thought it could be really interesting, cause it really didn´t give away what it was about. I just finally saw it, and it turns bad, and boring really quickly. In the end it just leaves you depressed and with a bad taste in your mouth.
March 15, 2014
Despite having 2 of my favourite actors I did not like this at all.
The message was essentially "the easy way out is death". Not a good message. Especially for people who may struggle with depression.
February 22, 2014
I don't know why, but I kinda liked this movie.
February 9, 2014
a nice fuck you to Hollywood assholes who think shooting remakes is what cinema has come to