In Darkness Reviews

• Jul 04, 2019

Wait a minute. The protagonist, who's plotted 26 years to murder her enemy to avenge her family, who's pretended to be blind to get close to him, fails to poison him when she gets the golden opportunity because she dropped the poison and could not retrieve it due to her "blindness", but turns out was not blind all along?? For a film that tried so hard, did nobody actually read the script over?

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    May 16, 2019

Natalie Dormer co-writes and stars in the gritty crime thriller In Darkness. When a blind pianist with a dark secret witnesses the death of the daughter of an exiled Serbian war criminal she gets caught-up in a deadly power struggle. Dormer gives an incredible performance, and the supporting cast is pretty strong as well. Additionally, the film does a good job at building intrigue and suspense. However, the plot can be a little hard to follow and some of it doesn't make a lot of sense. Still, script issues aside, In Darkness is a compelling and intense drama.

• Apr 27, 2019

Twisty noir thriller gains weight as the plot thickens. Satisfying conclusion. Characters are cool.

• Apr 22, 2019

This film is a true suspense film, reminiscent of Hitchcock and De Palma. The cinematography is classic and exceptional. The editing hints at the protagonist's history while adding to the mood. The story unfolds delicately, providing just enough info to fill in some previous blanks while creating new ones with each scene and outside the bounds is traditional end-of-act turning points. There are twists and turns within the plot that I didn't expect and that don't tickle any particularly obvious cliches. I watched this movie twice in a weekend just to make sure I caught everything. I'm honestly flabbergasted that the reviews aren't better than they are. If I was still teaching intro to film, I think I'd mix this into my curriculum.

• Apr 21, 2019

Na Escuridão (2018) #MovieReview 3,0 �� Pianista cega vê-se (desculpe o trocadilho) em apuros quando a moça do apartamento acima, filha de um ditador exilado morre parecendo ser suicídio. Nada de ultra diferente, mas assistível e segura a atenção.

• Apr 15, 2019

Held my attention the entire movie starting at 1am and running till 3am! The acting was excellent, the plot twisting as it unfolds. Did not expect it to end up where it did.

• Mar 30, 2019

The good starting premises are gradually lost, weakened by the derivativity of the thriller, the political background, the futile development of the plot, and the craving of Natalie Dormer (protagonist, screenwriter, producer, ex-girlfriend of the director) to propose herself as sex symbol. (Mauro Lanari)

• Mar 06, 2019

Muy buena! Adivine el final!!! :-D

Muy buena! Adivine el final!!! :-D

• Feb 14, 2019

An intriguing psychological thriller that makes the most of its source material and produces a highly suspenseful and enjoyable experience. If not for Natalie Dormer though, In Darkness wouldn't have achieved anything. It's her captivating performance as a blind woman that drives the story towards a plot twist ending no one could've foreshadowed.

• Jan 19, 2019

Natalie is a fantastic actress and this movie proves she can hold a lead role on her own. The first third of the movie would've made for a fantastic thriller, only for a plot twist that doesn't hold as strong as I would've hoped. The script and side story lines needed a bit of work, but was overall entertaining through the end.