In Your Eyes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In Your Eyes Reviews

January 12, 2017
I love this movie. I've already recommend it several people. It's very powerful. If I had to find a way of explaining twinflames. This would definitely explain it.
December 28, 2016
While it's not going to a film that will change your life, In Your Eyes offers some relatable feelings and a nice chemistry between its leads.
½ December 18, 2016
Wow. Really unique perspective.
December 17, 2016
Its subtle, a bit weird, and not for those who enjoy action, but Kazan and Stahl-David combine chemistry with Joss Whedon's creative direction for one of the least sappy yet romantic indie films I have ever seen. Soundtrack is another plus, staying true to the indie vibe, yet enhancing the experience with its emphasis on subtle beauty in sound.
½ December 14, 2016
Interesting concept for the movie but feels quite dull overall . Lots of gaps in the story , average acting and direction.
Won't miss much if this ones given a miss
December 10, 2016
I could really relate to these two individuals experiencing something that nobody, including initially themselves, would believe, and how their invisible "relationship" is viewed by those around them. Interestingly, if they'd just popped a blue-tooth thing into each of their ears, nobody would have thought twice about them babbling to themselves.

Still, an enjoyable exploration of an interesting concept. Well acted if a little over-played (or over scripted) for some roles.

I'd watch this movie again.
October 16, 2016
This quirky and charming film has a very original concept. I was totally engrossed by the story and when it ended I wanted more. Loved the acting and the characters. They were so loveable and their chemistry was great. If you're looking for an original romcom that can be enjoyed by both genres, well stop searching you've found it.
½ September 13, 2016
Beautiful and charming story of two people connected by mind, living on other sides of the USA. One of the most interesting, funny and original romantic comedy's I have seen since 'About Time'. Zoe Kazan and Michael Stahl-David are providing great performance making this film an exceptional experience.
September 9, 2016
This is a beautiful and unique story that I couldn't look away from. The strangely linked reserved wife and ex-con were wonderful characters and perfectly acted by Kazan and Stahl-David. That phenomenal ending felt inevitable and impossible at the same time.
August 26, 2016
pretty good, interesting story
June 17, 2016
A unique love story about two completely different people with different backgrounds.
June 9, 2016
This is my favorite movie. It cleverly plays on modern-day relationships (long-distance/online/etc). It reminded me of falling head over heels in love, and that breathtaking moment when you finally take a leap of faith. It explored the reluctance to leave what's safe (an unhappy marriage) to be where and with whom one truly belongs. The lead characters were subtle yet draw you into their thoughts and feelings. Their chemistry makes this movie. I wanted them to have a happy ending and waited on the edge of my seat not knowing. Fortunately true love prevails.
½ May 22, 2016
Respect the hard work that goes into movies. Liked many of the actors in other shows. Unfortunately, and sadly, not this one. It's one movie I wish hadn't been seen by my eyes. :(
May 3, 2016
I'm a shameless romance movie aficionado and I can say without reservation that this is on my list of top 3 most romantic movies of all time.

If you're looking for a catch-your-breath love story that you can really give yourself over to and lose yourself in, this is an excellent choice. I was concerned at first that the plot might be a little cheesy, based on the description, but was more than pleasantly surprised to find that it was without tropes and very well made. The actors were excellent and the chemistry between the characters was spot on. I found the writing to be extremely engaging and I was completely immersed in the story from beginning to end. I enjoyed it so much that I literally started the movie and watched it again after I'd just finished the first viewing. And for the record, I enjoyed it even more the second time. I highly recommend this movie for anyone who enjoys an intelligent, engaging, truly moving film.
April 28, 2016
Aspects of it feel forced (including the entire third act), but there are some really engaging, interesting scenes.
½ March 18, 2016
While the story was original, it was also a lot sadder than I expected.
March 17, 2016
This is the type of film (I will warn you right off the bat) that will have viewers divided right down the middle as to who likes and dislikes it's premise. Since childhood, Dylan and Rebecca have has odd visions and feelings that they are connected in some way. Through some weird form of life, they are able to see the world through each others eyes, feel what the other is feeling, and communicate as if they are just a phone call away. The way they are able to do this remarkable feat is never once explained or even hinted at, which is the main reason this film will not be for everyone. This will explain why I believe this film works on many levels, and some others not so much.

"In Your Eyes" has terrific "chemistry" between Zoe Kazan and Michael Stahl-David, whom are perfectly cast in the leading roles. I place quotations around the word chemistry, because the fact that they are never face to face, you have to buy the fact that they share this incredible connection with one another, or the film will lose you. It does not bother me that the ideal is never explained, but the film could have benefited from a few hints to keep the viewer with an open mind throughout. I was genuinely enthralled from start to finish with this screenplay, as it is charmingly written by Joss Whedon, in probably the most heartfelt thing I have ever seen him pen. The cast, characters, and writing were the big selling point here, and even though there are noticeably low-budget shots, I really admired the cinematography here. The third act will have many mixed feelings from audiences, but I liked how it concluded, even though it does go a little over the top. In the end, I thoroughly enjoyed "In Your Eyes," and I would highly recommend it to anyone wishing to watch a touching story.
March 13, 2016
Quirky and charming, In Your Eyes is a supernatural romantic drama written by Joss Whedon. The story follows a boy and girl who form a telepathic connection as child, and then later as adults learn how to use it, becoming close friends with an intimate bond. Zoe Kazan and Michael Stahl-David have great chemistry together and give good performances; especially Kazan, who has a knack for playing goofy and eccentric. But there isn't much of a plot, and what plot there is is all crammed into the last act. Yet Whedon writes the character interactions so well, that the lack of plot is almost forgotten. An unusual love story, In Your Eyes is entertaining and fun.
March 10, 2016
Carino, Zoe Kazan una sorpresa visto che anche la sceneggiatrice, certo il cognome aiuta. Mi ha ricordato, con le debite distanze, le atmosfere di "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (di cui mi rifiuto di citare il titolo italiano).
February 8, 2016
favorite movie of all time.