Inglourious Basterds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inglourious Basterds Reviews

Page 1 of 2095
½ January 14, 2017
Violent, over the top, and the dialogue sequences are fixating. However, Inglorious Bastards is at its best when Christoph Waltz and Brad Pitt are on screen.
½ January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.7/10 - 4.7/5
January 6, 2017
Re-watch. Quality over the top war flick. Name taken from the classic 1978 Fred Williamson classic and a cameo from its director Enzo G. Castellari. The opening scene is really intense and at times unbearable.Waltz in Hans Lander gives us one of cinemas most memorable villains. The basement scene is another great highlight. Soundtrack is immense with Tarantino giving great use of Morricone, Billy Preston 'Slaughter' theme tune and Bowie's Cat People. A serious twitch off Kruger and Laurent. Good cameo from Mike Myers and Fassbender's the balls.
½ January 5, 2017
WW II gets the Tarantino treatment! Inglourious Basterds
offers a precise scope on WW II by being whimsical and brutal.

There are many angles, tones, and stories tackled over the past years that have allowed every WW II film since then to be unique, refreshing, and entertaining.You might think we've exhausted the genre but that's not the case here, though Inglorious Basterds still offer the basic elements of a war movie (WWII movie as well) but with the enchanments of Tarantino that fans will recognize and love.

Inglourious Basterds presents characters and circumstances that aren't
complex. Despite it being a war movie, Tarantino keeps it simple and thorough but not without substance. This allows a comfortable and justifiable conclusion to the narratives. You might think that the American-led team by Brad Pitt are the main attraction, but don't be mislead, the narrative of the French Shosanna (Melanie Laurent) is significant.

What makes this an entertaining watch is that it doens't present such a noble and courageous angle on war, the movie is just bloody good fun (the characters are having fun too).That's the case anyway for the Americans here, but for Shosanna, offers a neat fantasy revenge epic that's familiar but inviting
to watch anyway.
½ January 4, 2017
The morbid sense of humor in this movie is normally something which might be a bit unwelcome... however, it's Nazis. But the thing that really sets this movie apart is it's masterpiece of a score.
½ December 27, 2016
Tarantino one again making an incredible movie that will keep you at the edge of the seat for a whole lot of time.
December 25, 2016
This film is a travesty. It is an insult to the memory of the people who died fighting the Germans. That it is so highly rated appalls me. It makes Hogan's Heroes look like Citizen Kane. Yech.
December 19, 2016
Compared to Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill Vol. 1, this movie was a steam pile of c**p. So boring, poorly written, edited, and directed. I can't see why this got rated so highly. I am glad I did not pay to see this.
December 19, 2016
Cristoph Waltz, as a clever and manipulative Nazi foil for the rest of the protagonists, elevates this humorously violent Tarantino product from just being another sadistic, chaotic satire--this time of the Allies-German War during the 1940s. But, I must say that I am thoroughly entertained with all the dialogue and banter between these misfits, killers, and psychopaths.
½ December 16, 2016
I heard this movie was violent, awful, vulgar, and...funny?
December 15, 2016
Simplemente espectacular, la historia te atrapa desde el inicio de la película, tiene un desarrollo lento pero necesario e intrigante. Una pieza de arte de Tarantino y Brad Pitt y Michael Fassbender se roban el show.
December 10, 2016
Una película bastante atípica que trata los temas de la guerra a lo Tarantino. Una gran historia, muy buena narrativa, buenos diálogos y por sobre todo una gran actuación por parte de Christoph Waltz
December 9, 2016
Best satire I've ever seen! Brad Pitt at his best!
½ December 2, 2016
Inglourious bullshit
November 24, 2016
too many subtitles not enough violence. some bits were sooo funny. brad pitt doing an italian accent priceless
½ November 23, 2016
This was a good film. Not my favourite film from Quintin but it is a good film. Like always it is very long but the dialogue and story makes the time past very quick.
November 21, 2016
My personal favourite Tarantino movie and one of my favourite movies period.
½ November 4, 2016
What could have been a irksome tale of vengeance is enhanced by an exquisite detailed writing from the master Tarantino and a splendid performances of the cast particularly Waltz. The climax is the part where this movie actually goes wrong and haywire.Not the best work of QT, but still quite a decent picture
November 3, 2016
Best WW2 movie i have ever seen
½ October 29, 2016
"Inglourious Basterds" is the sixth film of the highly worshiped Quentin Tarantino, despite being overvalued, Tarantino is a spectacular film director, and his sixth film not let me lie. We have here a rereading of the second war ala Tarantino, to where the Nazis are hunted, first I would like to talk about the first 20 minutes of this movie are fabulous, yes, the first scene lasts 20 minutes, is long, I know, but she did not seasick, quite the contrary, you delighting in every second of it, quite the Christoph Waltz acting work, which is quite spectacular in the film, completely stealing the Brad Pitt scene in the movie, the soundtrack not only that scene, but whole film is spectacular, really, in terms of soundtrack, Tarantino is unique. The photograph of the film is really unbelievable, but this first scene is something surreal, has a color palette with lots of black, gray, white, but has a strong red, it is very balanced, it's really beautiful, all the merits here for Robert Richardson and Sally Menke, not counting the camera angles, it looks like the camera in Tarantino movies is exactly positioned in the place it should be. Well, since we talk about performances, as we talk about photography, we have spoken soundtrack, go to the strength of Quentin, the script, the script is great, a little confused, and some other elongated scenes (like the tavern) and does not have much of those characteristic dialogues Quentin (will not be the opening scene), but it's a good script, which tells a story of revenge to global levels, and creates a character that is already in the history of contemporary cinema, Hans Landa , who speaks French, Italian, German and English and let me terrified enemies with a painted humor, humor that is very well applied in the film. Quentin ends the film with the phrase "That was my masterpiece" I disagree with him, Inglourious Basterds not even among the top 3 Tarantino for me, but no doubt is a great movie.
Page 1 of 2095