Inglourious Basterds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inglourious Basterds Reviews

Page 1 of 2098
August 18, 2017
Rewriting history and deliberately misspelling its title in the best possible way, Inglourious Basterds is one of the best WWII films ever made. Brad Pitt and Christoph Waltz both give Oscar-worthy performances, especially with Waltz speaking FOUR languages throughout; English, German, French, and Italian. Pitt, on the other hand, portrays a perfect blend of Semi-Dumb Southerner stereotype, hilariously awkward, and quietly menacing. The opening scene is one of the best opening scenes of all time, and the standoff in the basement bar is pure cinematic gold. A couple flaws aside, this is a wonderful movie that is definitely not for kids.
½ August 16, 2017
It's taken me several years to post this review because, frankly, I don't post reviews without having all the facts. Unlike some of the #FAKEREVIEWERS out there. Blatant alt-left propaganda film. Horrifically depicts the unlawful, and I won't say murder, but some very bad things, you can call it what you want, but some very bad things happen to some very fine people. And I will say very fine people, with a permit, you might not hear about this in the history books, but these people were elected lawfully to run Germany. And these people, well you had a group on one side and you had a bad group on the other side, the alt-left, can we call them the alt-left? We'll call them the alt-left and they came violently with a club and it was vicious and horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch. NO STARS!!
August 14, 2017
This is one of my favorite WWII movies.
August 12, 2017
Great alternate history movies.
August 11, 2017
Nice depiction of the killing of a German sergeant, kinda a war crime. An miserable movie.
August 5, 2017
It may not be Tarantino's best movie but it shows lot's of hard work and dedication, The dialogue is amazing, even Pitt with his horrible accent had some nice lines. Going into this I thought it's another war movie but to see a twist was quite refreshing.
July 29, 2017
Inglorious bastards is so phenomenal. The story is phenomenal, and the acting is so fantastic. It's so good. This is one of my favorite movies of all time.
July 27, 2017
Fantastic film by the amazingly talented Quinten Tarantino. Takes place in Nazi-occupied France. There's unorthodox Nazi killers. Crazy action. Superb dialogue (especially the opening scene). Classic music. Great organization and seamless transitions. Great camera angles and shots. And an ending that will leave you dumbfounded.
Classic Tarantino...
½ July 23, 2017
A down right enjoyable movie, Quentin Tarantino is such a good writer he can write a film in 3 separate languages 4 if you count the Italian.
½ July 20, 2017
Inglorious is an interesting war tale and is one of Tarantino's best films. Brad Pitt is hilarious as Aldo Raine and he completely steals the film. The typical Tarantino gore and violence is always a bit much and this movie is long but it's never boring. Final note: Aldo Raine's American accent is awesome, the end.
July 20, 2017
Even with a few other films released afterwards, it's agreeable on Tarantino calling this his finest masterpiece as this is probably the most enjoyable with satisfying entertainment. The minimal-scaled war film consists the auteur's sense of storytelling, score and violence - being gradually lessened like "The Dirty Dozen" with blood, while also being talkative with atmospheric tensity that were delivered intellectually by the same-level performances. (B+)

(Full review TBD)
July 20, 2017
Tarantino at his best. Not sure how i missed this.
July 19, 2017
Great Nazi Quentin Tarantino movie starring brad Pitt and the guy from django unchained. I love Quentin Tarantino movies and I'll pretty much watch any movie by him, he's the greatest director of all time. I don't think that this is his best work but still really an interesting movie and you want to see what's happening next. It's cool that hitler was in this movie, that is gold.
July 17, 2017
Watched this one again, Loved it a second time!
July 17, 2017
The beginning of the film was slightly tedious, but it was otherwise great and somewhat weird (in a good way)
July 16, 2017
80% - Inglourious Basterds is a slick action film by Tarantino in his true style. The film's multiple storytellings and the convergence of all plotlines coming to an excellent finish are what makes this movie truly entertaining.
July 9, 2017
Violent, Gruesome, and funny, Inglorious Basterds shows Tarantino at his best
July 8, 2017
French, German, English and Italian all spoken by actor Christoph Waltz....WOW, i always delayed watching this film. He did steal the show with his flawless performance. No wonder he got the Oscar on his first nomination. I am a fan!!
½ July 3, 2017
A triumph, whilst shocking, in tension, storytelling and acting. Waltz steals the show.
July 1, 2017