Inglourious Basterds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inglourious Basterds Reviews

February 19, 2018
Definitely tense nearly throughout the entire film, I can see why this was such a huge hit. A few aspects about the ending though, concerning one of the best characters in the movie, didn't sit all that well with me despite all the great moments that came before it, even if I knew it was going to happen another way. None of the actors in this movie disappoint, however, even if the script was imperfect. 3.9/5
February 15, 2018
What I can say? All you fascists bound to lose... Woody Guthrie would have appreciated this movie
February 14, 2018
Thoroughly entertaining. Funny, Intellectual, Action, Suspense and some excessive violence, but it was WWII and NAZI's...
February 11, 2018
Really fun re-imagined war movie, one of the few Tarantino movies I care for. Waltz is really mesmerizing in his role. Another solid Tarantino movie is Pulp Fiction
February 1, 2018
Inglorious Basterds is a changed timeline story of the attempt to take out and destroy the Nazis in World War II and therefore alter history. Written and directed by Quentin Tarantino, this film has no shortage of humor, effective writing, and in true fashion, oh so many deaths. Personally, I really enjoyed the film. Overall, I felt that it was well-written, well-shot, well-acted, well-everything. One of my favorite scenes is Brad Pitt's character's attempt to successfully convey an Italian man, terribly butchering the language and the accent in the process. This film is easily one of the most well done films I have seen in a long time. The editing in the film was definitely a highlight. I particularly enjoyed the initial scene of the film, where Christoph Waltz's character is in search of individuals that may be hiding Jews. The scene itself is paced so slowly, truly building the tension, allowing us as an audience to wait with baited breath to see what is going to happen. There is then a lovely reveal where we see individuals hiding beneath the floor boards, their eyes attentively peaking between each board. This reveal serves as a way to ramp up the tension of the scene, as we wait to see if Waltz's character figures it out and discovers those hidden in the floor beneath him. Scenes such as this almost made me pay greater attention to the film, as I found this cat and mouse build to be incredibly fascinating. I loved that each shot would stay and linger on the characters as they would take in information, calculate their responses, and react. It absolutely made the film so much more enjoyable as a viewer!
January 31, 2018
****
Well, that was certainly an experience.

Quentin Tarantino is and has been for many years my favourite director. With the exception of 'Kill Bill', I don't think the guy has made a movie below the standard of "really good", and the boldly titled 'Inglourious Basterds' is no exception. It's got everything you would expect: brutal violence, amazing dialogue, excellent performances, gorgeous cinematography, an infectious soundtrack and that unique Tarantino flare that I can honestly say is totally unique to his movies. There's something about the way he stages a scene, uses character traits and slowly reveals information that is so tense and riveting; and this is particularly seen in the opening of the movie - one of the best in recent memory. It's not perfect, though. Some scenes in the first half drag a little and the running time could definitely have been trimmed down, but the finale makes it all worthwhile, with a highly satisfying ending. It's not his best movie or anything, and it isn't going to have the replay value of something like 'Pulp Fiction', but one thing's for sure - it's damn entertaining.
January 29, 2018
No, dear Quentin, not your masterpiece. But it's all your fault! You set the standard very high for yourself, didn't you? So thank you again for this great work, long like many of them, but never boring, like many of them.
½ January 25, 2018
One thing you know for certain when you start a Quentin Tarantino film is that you are in for something original and creative. While I personally don't enjoy this movie as some of the other movies he has made, I still liked it overall. I know this movie is loved by many but I found myself less interested in some of its middle chapters. I think it starts and finishes strong and the story definitely comes together in a fascinating way. I would say the absolute best part of this movie is Christoph Waltz's performance as Hans Landa. Every second he is on screen is engaging and terrifying. His performance transcends this movie from being just okay to good. If you're a fan of Tarantino, this movie is definitely worth checking out, but personally, I found it a tad bit overhyped.
January 23, 2018
a wonderful display of violence and hatred met with better violence and hatred
½ January 16, 2018
Brad Pitt, Eli Roth, Michael Fassbender, and Christoph Waltz. They are all actors who play in this film and the best of all is Christoph Waltz who plays Hans Landa. Despite that, Inglourious Basterds is a sweet fairy tale and a pure movie that will make you happy.
½ January 8, 2018
Well made for the most part, but frequently seems stylistically messy. I kind of feel like, even if you're typically a big fan of Tarantino, this one would still have you scratching your head about some of the decisions made.
January 6, 2018
Already, the setting is beautiful in countryside of France. Christoph Waltz is always a joy to watch. He's such charm and charisma that is infectious and entertaining to watch. Tarantino is a master at crafting brilliant cinema. He understands how to build tension even in the slightest of things and then when to release it. It's like a flow, and he really gets it. Tarantino is infamous for his long but very interesting conversations his characters have, and this movie is no exception.

Brad Pitt's character is flawless. Probably my favorite Tarantino character that he's created. And Samuel L. Jackson narrating, ahhhh so fucking good. It's such a serious topic and movie but Quentin is just so good at defusing a situation with humor. This movie has such an intersting and pondering premise. It's one of those ideas that you think about when your starring up at your ceiling thinking about things. It makes you wonder if anything like this really went on. Were there really American military outfits that hunted down and killed Nazi's during the war? It's shit like this that gets the cogs moving and the brain thinking. It's brilliant stuff.

I love how there's chapters in the movie. It's like a book. A really good book that you want to finish reading because it's so damn good. The whole premise of the German Nazi soldier trying to get the French girl, great. The use of music is terrific. Especially during the moments of reveal and tension. Every conversation scene with Waltz is just so magnetizing. He makes acting seem like it's no big deal. Probably comes second nature to him. It's amazing how he plays this character who is just so evil but yet so polite and a gentleman. He's not vulgar he doesn't conduct himself inappropriately. He just does his job as he's supposed maybe better than he should, and is just a gentleman.

Mike Myers and Fassbender in the same room. What the hell? Pretty cool. I love Fassbender's laugh. That tavern scene holy shit. The way things were so fun and then all of a sudden things started to get tense until it all explodes at the end. That's the English for you. putting a nonstrategic actress, who has no business in matters of war, in charge of putting a strategy together to meet just to talk. This scene is so genius because it's almost like that one Major is playing the game with them, in order for them to let their guards down in order for them to reveal themselves in some way. This movie reminds me a lot of Barry Lyndon in the way that, it's all in the subtleties. You can tell what's going on or even what's going to happen just by looking at their faces. Again, Quentin builds up this tension that you could already feel coming but it still catches you off guard because of the flawless acting.

Beautiful shot with the French girl leaning on the circular shaped window. I would so go down on that blonde French girl, Jesus Christ. I lost it when Lt. Aldo said Bon Journo. That was hilarious. The whole bit with the Italians and Hans was great. The look on Hans face at the end was priceless. He knew what was coming to him.

I think saying that this movie is a masterpiece, is quite an understatement. This movie is quite a cinematic accomplishment. Amazing work of art. Loved every bit of it. I only wish they covered why Aldo has that scar around his neck. Maybe a lynching? Definitely watching this one again.
½ January 2, 2018
Be warned: this film is not for those who don't like dialogues. However, this film has it all: violence, suspense, and humor.
½ January 1, 2018
It has the brilliant Tarantino dialogue and it's one of the most fun "war-based" films with gratuitous violence and one of the best dialogue of all time.
December 27, 2017
I see absolutely no flaws with this movie.The acting was incredbile from everyone.The story line was Great.This is Brad Pitt at his best.Christoph Waltz was delightful to watch.This movie was a must watch for all movie fans
½ December 27, 2017
(89/100)
I love Quentin's work and when I heard he would be making a WW2 movie, I was on board immediately! This movie delivers very nicely on my expectations.
December 24, 2017
M-F-O

8.8

[Quentin Tarantino]
½ December 21, 2017
I know it's very brutal, but I like the time period, so I'll probably watch it eventually :D
December 17, 2017
A violent, epic, yet deeply satisfying Tarantino movie. His second best after Pulp Fiction.
December 17, 2017
Puntaje Original: 8.5

Una obra maestra. Quentin Tarantino en su máxima expresión.