Inglourious Basterds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inglourious Basterds Reviews

Page 1 of 2094
½ July 18, 2016
An unorthodox and genius tale; an unpredictable and engaging film indeed.
½ July 17, 2016
A movie that really doesn't live up to its premise. This was originally supposed to be two films, but Tarantino was forced to rewrite as one... and it shows. The basterds' story takes a back seat to the other plot line that I simply didn't care enough about.
½ July 17, 2016
Very entertaining and thrilling. Well done!
July 13, 2016
Good but didn't live up to expectations
July 12, 2016
Undeniably a Quentin Tarantino masterpiece, and I always had a soft spot for his movies, but this script has been in work for 10 years and it shows!
½ July 9, 2016
Tarantino, he's done it again! This film may have such a serious topic but it actually has such a fun tone. Christoph Waltz, among the rest of the cast give terrific performances and Quentin always writes snappy dialogue. There are so many great conversations. Tarantino is the only director in the world that can genuinely entertain me with dialogue for such a long amount of time. This is his best film since Pulp Fiction.
July 7, 2016
??? ?????? ???? ?????? ??? ????? ??????? ? ?? ???? ??? ??????? ??? ??????
?????? ???? ???? ?????? ?????? ???? ????????? ? ?????? ?????? ? ?? ??? ????? ????
????? ??????? ?? ???????? ?? ???? ?? ?????? ???? ???? ? ??????
??????? ??? ??? ??? ? ??????? ???? ???? ?? ???????? ????? ???? ??? ????? ????? ?????? ??? ? ???? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??? ? ?????? ??? ? ????? ????? ?????
??? ?? ?????? ???? ? ?????
?? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??????
?????? ????? ??? ????? ???? ? ????? ? ??????
July 5, 2016
One of the best World War II movies
June 28, 2016
Some of the best dialogue and suspenseful scenes I've ever seen in film. It also keeps getting better all the way until its climax. Truly a masterpiece and one of Tarantino's best.
½ June 27, 2016
I couldn't understand a word that was being said. Made no sense to me.
June 26, 2016
I thought I loved this movie, but it seems I don't really love it. I think I held it in higher regard after seeing it in the theater because I thought I was going to detest it. I really disliked "Death Proof", and I hated the trailer for this film. I thought the material with Brad Pitt, Eli Roth and "killing Nazees" looked really stupid. On second viewing, I have to say it is really stupid. It kind of drags down a film for me that has a lot of amazing set pieces (the opening 20 minutes is so fabulous it seems to go by in only 5) and some great performances ... and that pretty much sums up why I don't really love it. So many great elements in a film that doesn't seem to hang together as well as it should.
June 20, 2016
Tarantino comes back with a fictional World War Two scenario, in a Nazi Occupied France. This movie is a ride from start to end. It's intense, it's funny, it's dark, it's tense. It's a Tarantino masterpiece. The actors are great and it has one of the most interesting villains to watch since Loki on Avengers or Handsome Jack on Borderlands 2 (Videogame), it's so funny and well acted you want to hate him, but you can't.
June 11, 2016
When Aldo Reign says "Ya know something Utivitch, I think this might just be my masterpiece," I believe that that's actually how Tarantino feels about this movie and I am in full agreement with him. Reason being is because while does have what you'd expect from Tarantino, it brings it to a whole new level like in Pulp Fiction and Django.
June 9, 2016
The parts about Brad Pitt's squad were flawless. It's the scenes we didn't need (ALL OF SHOSANNA'S SCENES) that ruined an otherwise flawless movie.
June 1, 2016
Just an amazing revenge fantasy...funny, beautiful, intelligent, super violent.
½ May 31, 2016
Usually Tarantino is not my cup of tea; however, this effort transcends many of it's peers.
½ May 30, 2016
Beautiful cinematography, great costumes and good acting are the shining things for this film. It is an interesting story, but was a bit on the bizarre side, but still a good film.
½ May 30, 2016
9 out of 10:

A violent and smart twist on World War II with great direction and acting.
May 29, 2016
I totally enjoy QT movies. If you watch a movie and there are long episodes of great dialogue, it's a good bet it's one of his.
Waltz as the nazi was both likable and despicable--a great feat of the direction and the script!
Page 1 of 2094