Invictus Reviews

• Jun 27, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was inspiring and moving and gave a great incite into a great man.

• Jun 23, 2019

So very tired of Mandela being pasted as a hero. He was not imprissoned for nothing. He was the initiator of the terrorist movement in South Africa. Many white people were murdered at his hand.

• Jun 19, 2019

I like Invictus's premise but the true drama is missing.

I like Invictus's premise but the true drama is missing.

• May 24, 2019

The story (the real one) its the main reason to watch the movie.

The story (the real one) its the main reason to watch the movie.

• Apr 07, 2019

Eastwood's unconventionnal style as a director delivers a touching historical tale.

• Jan 13, 2019

With strong performances from Damon and especially Freeman, Eastwood gives us a moving story about how Mandela begins to reconcile and unite the country through rugby.

• Jan 10, 2019

The movie is based on the true story of South Africa journey at Rugby World Cup of 1995. Picked up the movie thinking it's about sports, it's more on the effect of sports on national unity and politics. It got superb casting and the performances by the leads. I liked the movie but felt it was not entertaining enough, I was hoping for some cheesy stimulating sports drama, what I got was totally different.

• Jan 09, 2019

Invictus is based on the famous rugby finale held in South Africa in 1995. The post match presentation where Nelson Mandela presented the white springboks caotain with the trophy has become iconic and this is based on that moment. The setting and music paints an image of a bitterly divided country being gently brought together. Echos of apartheid linger and Nelson Mandela artfully turns the Springboks from a symbol of white South Africa to the team of the nation. Music and stadium scenes are quite overwhelming, while scenes of the mostly white team touring the black townships and building bonds with the children of black South Africa are heartwarming to say the least. A strong cast, including Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela and Matt Damon. Portrayed is the the conversion of a lackluster South Africa national rugby union team to 1995 Rugby World Cup winners and focus for a reborn South Africa.

• Jan 08, 2019

I am not a writer but I enjoy movies, all of them based on the books i've read. Invictus moved me. This is a story a a persecuted black man on times that I didn't even understand, but I do now because what happened then is happening alrealy not only about race, but ideals, religion and on. This is a story of a man who no one was able to break his soul and his only wish was to unite a country completely and he found a common ground, rugby. He united a country, and like so many in all around the word after his passing his country collapsed again and is almost back to the same. This movie is about change, work hard to make things better and mentality change. It's a beautiful story, and as always Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon did a perfect job. If you are looking for inspiration to change watch it. It is a great lesson to learn and be humble. I was at the prison where Mandela was kept, mainly because I am Portuguese and my country's history led me there. After the pinguis, cape point, sea mammals i went to the prison on my last day. I entered happy to see how was it and I left in tears. We are all humans, and that place only thought me that the "white" prisoners, the killers, were enjoying and the "black" ones had barely nothing to eat and were slaves. Slaves in their own country. I am proud to say that the Portuguese discovered the world but I am ashamed at the same time. Africa is a Jewel undiscovered and Mandela changed many hearts including mine. Fantastic story.

• Dec 16, 2018

Boring. I didn't care for it.

Boring. I didn't care for it.