It Comes At Night - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

It Comes At Night Reviews

½ September 20, 2017
Not going to be a long review.. This movie sucked so bad just may have been the worst film I've watched in my life.
½ September 20, 2017
What a waste of money and time for the people that made this movie, starred in it and for us horror conisseurs that had to watch it. No plot. No answers to anything in the movie. The title itself is misleading as nothing specific comes at night or at least that we are given answers about. Stupid. I want that hour and a half of my life back.
September 20, 2017
There seemed to be little to no point of most of the plot line of this movie.
awful!!!!! just awful!!!!
September 20, 2017
Zero plot, Worst movie ever. Most people that watched this lost twice , they lost their money and their time. Although I didn't loose my money cuz I watched this garbage for free. I will never be able to recover the time I lost. Nothing comes out at night
September 20, 2017
Fine film, but don't watch any trailers. Mid-markets the film alluding to something it isn't.
September 19, 2017
A deeply unsettling and terrifying psychological horror that leaves you with many questions.
September 19, 2017
Everything that makes a movie bad happened in this film.
½ September 19, 2017
Let's just get right to the point:

I rate this movie 1 1/2 stars based on ACTING and the MOOD. Actors were surberb and the mood/theme of the movie was very chilling and beautiful.

However, this movie has almost no point at all. 10 minutes into the movie, I was already very confused as to what was going on. That never changed. There is almost no real plot or meaning to this movie at all. Nothing happens. Nothing scary happens. A lot is not even explained (what happened to Stanley? Was Andrew the one who opened the door?). I was very disappointed with this movie, and I wouldn't recommend it.
½ September 19, 2017
It Comes At Night starts off as a fresh, restrained take on the apocalypse genre that has run itself into the ground, and presents great characters and a nice dose of claustrophic paranoia among friends, family, and ones self, yet seems to be under the impression that less is more means not providing am ending or a fully realized story, making this all the more disappointing not only by it's marketing and title, but by the potential shown throughout.
September 19, 2017
Sure to disappoint the typical teenage horror movie audience, this is an incredibly tense movie which owes its brilliance to excellent craftsmanship.
½ September 19, 2017
The movie was good, but the title throws you off. The entire film I was waiting and waiting to see what exactly came at night. That's where the film failed. The acting and suspense was good, but it backfired in the end.
September 19, 2017
Sorry to those who were only receptive to seeing a zombie pandemic. And no Stephen Segal or Dolph Lundgren, if that's your thing. Not even a summer camp with a masked stalker of sexed-up teens! It Comes at Night is about monstrous dread, and where it leads when all hope is fading. That's the "It," which is quietly and disturbingly effective.
½ September 19, 2017
I really wanted to like this film, I really did. By no means did I think it was bad, it just felt stale. I can see why it has a decent critic rating, I just don't agree with it.

I feel like the movie insists upon itself, it's made to be this pseudo art form that isn't really about a story, it's about making a film that stands out, that is an open book. Don't get me wrong, I like a film that makes you think, that has a deeper meaning, but when that's all the film has to offer, no thank you.

As story telling goes, it's great, the acting is superb. Shult's lays out a great twist on the apocalyptic, end of world sub-genre, it just falls flat.There is good suspense and build up, just no follow up.
September 19, 2017
This movie is horrible. A complete waste of time. At the end of the movie, I still have no idea WTH was going on. Reminds me of an M.Night movie. The actors did a good job, tho.
September 19, 2017
I give it a "C" for the acting, but I'm VERY pissed off at the director for being all coy and not giving a stright answer on who was infeted ect ect ect! Like i said well acted, but with little to NO PAYOFF! talk about unsatisfied!
½ September 19, 2017
This is the absolute worst movie ever. How does anyone think it's good? No plot and nothing comes out at night. I am so angry I spent an hour and a half waiting for something to come out at night. I would ask for a refund if this was at dollar show. Do not bother with this crap
½ September 18, 2017
Think 28 DAYS LATER meets The Walking Dead, in terms of theme. But without much plot at all. It WANTS to be THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH, but fails miserably in that regard. Marginal contained thriller, but ultimately flawed and unsatisfying. It held my attention until I realized that there would be no payoff, then I didn't care. Actually, this film is NOT SCARY AT ALL. In no way frightening. Not even a tiny bit. Although several possible explanations are hinted at, no one opposing force fits the bill to explain everything that happens. Cheaps out by violating its own established rules and through the use of unnecessary and irritating dream sequences. Little is resolved after the framework that is painstakingly built comes to naught without satisfactory solutions for the plot. PERHAPS THE BIGGEST CHEAT IS THE TITLE, which is a head fake and has nothing to do with the actual film. That REALLY pisses me off. Overrated, and I'm far closer to the 44% audience score than the critics. Barely worth the rental and absolutely a one-time watch. Don't even entertain the thought of buying it. **.5/*****. 89/44.
½ September 18, 2017
Not your typical horror movie. Very timely and very real. Great movie/story all around!
½ September 18, 2017
just saw it and new it wasn't good 4minutes into d movie. actors we're good,but plot had no imagination,no horror,nor suspense ???. not good sorry. this horror freak not content.