Jack Reacher - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jack Reacher Reviews

½ July 25, 2017
Much better than I expected.
July 24, 2017
Excellent story! Rosamund Pike is a stunner. I like that there's a bi-partisanship about it. I dare say, leaning rightward. The fingers scene was horrific.

Why do people say, "I hate Tom Cruise...but I like this movie"? Where does this hate come from, other than the media? Not sure he's young enough to play Reacher, but I wouldn't change it.
July 20, 2017
Com roteiro e direção de Christopher McQuarrie, Jack Reacher é uma rara combinação de ação contundente e diálogo de falas suave, o que faz dele um filme divertido. O velho Tom Cruise está em ótima forma distribuindo talento e ficando mais rico com sua bem requintada autoprodução.
½ July 17, 2017
Watched broadcast tv version but was good.
July 17, 2017
Interesting story. Good movie.
½ July 13, 2017
"Jack Reacher" is an enjoyable action film, however to me most of what this movie offers just barely passes mediocrity. There were instances in this movie where some things were just really unnecessary, like Werner Herzog's character (The Zec). He's in the movie to be the boss, and to have someone that Jack Reacher utimately needs to take down, but other than that he does absolutely NOTHING. He doesn't fight, he doesn't contribute much to his plan to stop Reacher, he just watches everything go down. Imagine an Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars, except he doesn't talk to Darth Vader about his plans, and there is no fight scene with the main character at the end, he would be completely useless to the story. I enjoyed Tom Cruise (Jack Reacher) in this movie, however this movie would have CRASHED if it wasn't for him. It's not that the plot around him was bad, it's just that some of the action sequences and elements wouldn't have been nearly as cool without a high end A-List actor playing the lead role, and would've bored a lot of people out of the movie. The chemistry between Cruise and Rosamund Pike (Helen) was awkward at times, but I like how this movie didn't just force romance in, it made it a lot more natural, and by the end you can tell there is something there without this movie having to make it totally obvious. I also really liked just how badass some of the scenes in this movie are, almost every movie Tom Cruise is in has some scenes of him being a badass, and "Jack Reacher" was no different than the rest, Cruise killed those action scenes. In the end, "Jack Reacher" had an okay plot, however relied a lot on the attraction that Tom Cruise would bring to get an audience, and delivers a barely above mediocre movie as a result. "Jack Reacher" is only worth watching if you're bored.
July 5, 2017
A good blend of action and intrigue in a story that's never too complex but gives you just enough to keep you thinking throughout. The movie also has a nice dry sense of humour about it which is never overplayed and mostly well implemented. Performances are good all-round and the characters work well together in what is ultimately a well focussed narrative and entertaining movie.
½ July 1, 2017
Average film,if u read de book a bit of a let down.
June 29, 2017
'Jack Reacher' presents a different type of hard-boiled detective story with a very no-nonsense Tom Cruise convincingly depicting all of the craps he gives as he kicks and punches his way to the truth.
June 29, 2017
UGC SQY 14/1 13h30 Laurent
Rosamund Pike
June 27, 2017
A good movie with a feel of Dirty Harry with more action mixed into it.

However, many plot elements were left off at the end. It seemed like the end was rushed, just to end the film without going into backstories or into reasons.

Good movie, but lacks in motives and reasons for the whole thing.
June 21, 2017
It's a good role for Cruise, a more realistic version of Ethan Hunt who's part Sherlock Holmes and part Martin Riggs. Very surprised at how good the movie was. Tom Cruise gives a great performance. I do have to give a shout-out to Werner Herzog! Why? Because, it is Werner Herzog. He plays a great bad-guy.
½ June 15, 2017
Entertaining enough. Update: It's become my go to movie. Watch it every time it's on!
June 9, 2017
3/5. A fairly average action thriller that is elevated by a fun performance by Tom Cruise.
June 8, 2017
Need to watch it again, because it was making me sleepy and I may not have given it proper attention - although I have tried twice. Sequel looks more fun, so maybe this one is just to up itself. Storytelling seems weak...but I don't know really.
½ May 14, 2017
I wasted part of an afternoon watching this movie to the end. I would never pay to watch a Tom Cruise movie to at least I did not waste any money. The fundamental plot that only one out of five people killed was the intended target has been used to often it was obvious. That the guy arrested would be a patsy has also been over used. The comedy in it was good slapstick since I'm sure Tom Cruise realized no one would take it serious. All in all, it shows Tom Cruise is a has been when it comes to being an action hero. Maybe he should try some real acting now.
May 13, 2017
Tom Cruise is the perfect Jack Reacher!
May 7, 2017
More like a Jack Reacharound when you wanted a rusty trombone.
½ April 19, 2017
It has a douchebag main character that is not portrayed well (played by Tom Cruise). And it has a plot that is uninteresting coupled together with not much interesting stuff happening most of the time and bad writing that showcase Tom Cruise's massive ego.
April 19, 2017