Jack Reacher - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jack Reacher Reviews

September 29, 2016
Jack Reacher suffers from an ambiguous tone and a main character that could use a little more flaws. Cruise cowboy-ing his away through Pittsburg is cool but a little vulnerability would added a much needed layer. Still, there a few details that make this film compelling, such as casting Herzog as a villain and the quasi-realistic, drawn-out, bullit-esque chase sequence (the car won't start? I'm all for it).
September 27, 2016
Great film and now looking forward to the sequel
September 26, 2016
Jack Reacher is a fun (albeit completely dumb) opportunity to watch Cruise and Herzog walk around looking cool while everyone else looks stupid. Sure, it plays like a straight-to-streaming version of Mission: Impossible, but Cruise's amusingly arrogant head-games and over-the-top fighting style are more than enough for 2 hours of entertainment.
½ September 10, 2016
Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher = fail.
½ September 10, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: I expected run off the mill action movie, and what I got was certainly a mix of that, but also a far more sophisticated and surprisingly clever piece of film. Firstly it's full of detail, and that comes across not only in each brilliant fight/action sequence, but also in the characterisation and writing, where Jack Reacher is pegged extremely well by Christopher McQuarrie and Tom Cruise. Second though, is the true 90's vibe which comes across thanks to constant stylistic choices and another awesome score from Joe Kraemer.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Why are Tom Cruise movies always so goddam unnecessarily complex? I get it's the desired appeal but I just find it takes me out of it a bit. Watch this movie with an analytical eye though, and they don't get much better in this genre.
VERDICT: I think Tom Cruise belongs here. Jack Reacher is embodied and it's brilliant to watch, even if it's slightly confusing and disengaging.
½ September 7, 2016
Tom cruise rarely disappoints!
½ September 7, 2016
Slightly overlong and with possibly a few too many 'look what a bad-ass' flourishes here and there, but damn if this wasn't a pretty solid little action flick.

I'm not familiar with the books, so I wasn't as put off by Tom Cruise's casting as some apparently were and could just dig the movie for what it is.

Worth a rental.
½ August 29, 2016
A surprisingly less fast paced film than your typical Tom Cruise movie, but no less exciting. A dark and moody thriller which really packs a punch and one that shows that Tom Cruise is still one of the most underrated actors of his generation. The guy doesn't need crazy action to be a compelling on-screen presence.
½ August 27, 2016
I loved this movie for a lot of reasons, but the car chase scene that ends in a bus ride sums it all up! Brilliant!
½ August 27, 2016
just ok ticks the boxes
August 20, 2016
Brought life to the victims of these types of crimes. Something most movies do not do.
½ August 13, 2016
Good action flick. Cruise is really good in this one.
½ August 11, 2016
Jack Reacher was fun and Tom Cruise was suave enough to hold up, but it did only just that.
August 10, 2016
I love reading reviews from people who hate Tom Cruise & Then give theIr jaded review. I hate broccoli- I don't wait till someone makes a new broccoli dish & Then tell them I hate it. I knew I was going to hate it going in. I thought he would be bigger - Like the books. Fiiiiiiiiiine.

If anyone watched this movie without their jaded glasses on - This movie was really good. Only the winers wanted to jump on give their reviews.
½ August 3, 2016
Refreshingly smart and deftly cunning, the film never loses momentum once it begins, and each beat only thickens the plot. Violent and unforgiving, yet just and patriotic, Jack Reacher serves as an excellent example of a smart thriller, a mysterious drama, and perfectly imperfect crime.
½ July 29, 2016
The first act of this movie is truly awful. Bottom basement stuff. But the second and third acts are quite well done.
July 25, 2016
Boring at times. Not one for the crime suspense movies anyway. Might watch sequel anyway though.
July 19, 2016
4/5 Despite whatever the source material calls for, Tom Cruise brings an incredible performance to a highly engaging action-mystery. The direction in Jack Reacher is superb, exemplified by several memorable sequences that separate themselves enough from lesser action flicks. I honestly loved this film a lot, but the plot becomes too muddled towards the end and there isn't a sense of satisfaction after all the thrills we've witnessed.
July 16, 2016
This thrilling crime movie is gripping and well written, even with some blatant clichés along the way. And the best about it is, of course, Tom Cruise, who offers a magnetic performance in a great narrative full of awesome twists and exciting hand fights.
July 12, 2016
A fantastic thriller you can't get enough of