Jaws Reviews

• 2d ago

A true blockbuster. The first. A pure classic. An all around masterpiece that has the techniques filmmakers still use to this day. With out ‘Jaws’ we’d be afraid to go back on a movie set. But thanks to this entertaining behemoth, we were able to get many more great pieces of cinema!

• Kelly S
    2d ago

A true classic! Quality of the film was awesome! Loved it!!!

A true classic! Quality of the film was awesome! Loved it!!!

• 4d ago

I absolutely loved this movie and I know I wasn't born before 1975 but I have some sort of nostalgia for this movie and I don't know why and I love it. This movie has one of the most iconic scores by John Williams and he is becoming one of my favorite composers of all time and this has one of my favorite scores of all time and it just creeps up on you and then hits and it feels amazing. Old movies like these are so authentic with the audio and the film it really is different from other movies made nowadays. People had to be scared when they were watching this because there were no shark movies and it was in the summer so they had to be scared out of their minds with I love when a movie does that it makes it so much better. I love the shark pov they add and I don't know if other shark films do it but I love the shot and I hope other films do it. This movie has so many iconic lines like "You're gonna need a bigger boat", and iconic characters like the Mayor and Cheif Brody, and the amazing iconic score that is so haunting by John Williams. It is very rare that a film creates cliches and troupes like this film for a whole genre and the main reason why these films create cliches and troupes is because they are amazing and some of the best films ever created and it was so successful it made a whole genre that blows my mind. Steven Spielberg is becoming one of my favorite directors of all time, I love what he does with each of his films and I am excited to see what he does with his new musical film West Side Story. There were a few jump scares that actually got me and I forgot there were jump scares besides when the shark jumps on the boat. This is such a simple story about a team trying to kill a shark but they make it complicated for the better of the story and I love it. This film really holds up with today's films and I was surprised by that a lot. One of the most iconic shots of all time and one of my favorite shots is in this movie when they do a dolly zoom which is when you zoom in or out while tracking the camera forward or backwards I absolutely love that shot so much and it was first made by Alfred Hitchcock who is one of if not the best director of all time. One thing I have heard of is that the animatronic shark was so hard to work with it even almost cost them the entire movie and they had to repaint it each time they used it which blows my mind they got this movie made. I love the ending so much and it is one of the endings that paid off so much besides the ending to Return Of the King that paid off a lot. Like I said before the score is absolutely one of the best of all time and I love it so much. The cinematography is amazing to the shark pov which I love and the shot placements I love so much. I'm actually surprised that it didn't get nominated for an oscar the cinematography is actually really good. The editing mixed with the cinematography is amazing in this film and those are two of my favorite element of filmmaking which those both contribute to the theme and story of the film which I love. The acting is actually really good in this film I thought it would be a hit or miss but it is very very good I don't know why I doubted it. I love the writing and the dialogue in this film and it is so iconic because it works for this film and it just so amazing. The sound editing and mixing really holds up with today's films which is amazing. I love the tension and the suspense they create and adding the amazing score really makes those tension and suspense-filled scenes amazing. Overall I absolutely love this movie and would recommend it to anyone. 💯%

• 4d ago

The birth of the summer blockbuster, Jaws is a tense psychological thriller that, for the most part, lives up to the hype. As a story, Jaws is kind of basic. The writing itself takes no real liberties to differentiate it from any other film of the time, but what made Jaws stand out was the way everything is shot. The scenes filmed from the shark's perspective are probably some of the most iconic shots in Hollywood. The shots were so impactful that it changed the way I looked at the movie itself. I started looking at those shots of all those people's bare legs on a beach like it was a restaurant menu. Given the technological boundaries, it's miraculous Spielberg managed to pull a movie like Jaws off. Rather than having the actual Jaws animatronic in every shot, the music and angles of the shot tell the story to the audience. This kind of film making is something missing in modern cinema, and it's a shame that it isn't quite this prominent more often. Another thing that is amazing on the technical side of this movie is the way Spielberg worked around the fact that everything was filmed around water. While this was used to the advantage of the film, it also dragged it back some. While the building of the universe in the first act is made quite well. The way that the protagonists beat the shark is prolonged, eventually, I got somewhat tired of it. This kind of movie where the story is mediocre, but the visual and technical aspects are incredibly impactful is the summer blockbuster at its core. While the story was just okay, it's important to understand how important Jaws is to the history of film making.

• 5d ago

One of the greatest movies ever made.

One of the greatest movies ever made.

• Jun 30, 2020

This movie is incredible. The score was fantastic. The acting. The suspense. Heck the shark even looked good. Just a movie everyone should see at least once

• Laurie S
    Jun 28, 2020

Still screamed at jump scenes. Still a classic movie! Loved it.

Still screamed at jump scenes. Still a classic movie! Loved it.

• Jun 28, 2020

This film is truly a masterpiece. The theme song for this film is very catchy. One of my favorite Stephen Spielberg films of all time. Great film.

• Jeff
    Jun 27, 2020

A very good movie. A classic

A very good movie. A classic

• Jun 26, 2020

Great movie. I would suggest it to anyone and everyone.

Great movie. I would suggest it to anyone and everyone.