Jennifer's Body - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jennifer's Body Reviews

June 8, 2017
Megan Fox topless,What man doesn't want to see this??
½ June 2, 2017
Lmao what a bad movie
May 19, 2017
I legitimately don't understand why this has such a low rating. For all the critics who insist on horror having to be intellectual to be worth their time, there are so many social commentaries and clever undertones in this movie. Perhaps people just feel more comfortable looking down on beautiful creatures like Megan Fox, or maybe the critics and audience really are that repulsed by female themes in movies that aren't cookie-cutter. God forbid we talked about periods and dark desires instead of marrying Mr Grey or Mr Darcy. This horror touches on sisterhood, inter-female dependence, lesbian/bi undertones in female attachments, sacrifice, forms of imprisonment, social stigmas and pressures, jealousy, and just being a teenager. The pace is fast enough to keep you occupied, the acting is solid, the story is original... perhaps this movie suffers from the same responses as "Hard Candy" got - as soon as men are a specific target of violence, as opposed to women, suddenly it's "niche". I'm not saying people who don't like it are automatically sexist, I am definitely saying that I think this movie salts some wounds that people aren't realizing they haven't healed yet.
May 16, 2017
If you think this is basically the sequel to Juno with Satan involved, you are extremely incorrect. This is a pitch black comedy horror film. This is no lowbrow, screwball farce like Juno. While it's not as funny and the dialogue is not as slick, it's still a ridiculously fun guilty pleasure to watch. Amanda Seyfried is excellent, Megan Fox makes a wonderful transition and the plot is just so ridiculous. It's like Mean Girls combined with Twilight, if Twilight involved truly scary and bloody scenes. Worth a watch for sure.
April 16, 2017
Just watch Heathers...
½ March 15, 2017
Given the mediocre to bad reviews I expected so much less, but this is highly entertaining, self-aware, funny and pretty sexy, to be honest. It helps that the movie never takes itself too seriously, given the ridiculousness of the story that's the only way to go. The two leading ladies have a great chemistry together, Fox (usually not a big fan) seems to have been born for this role. Even the end credits leave you with a naughty grin on your face. Lighten up, this is actually shallow fun!
DrStrangeblog
½ February 15, 2017
The comedy works better than the whore in this fairly average hybrid. Megan fox gets top billing but Amanda Seyfried blows chalk dust in her face in terms of performance. A big detraction though from the sometimes funny script is the way they try to invent your own high school slang, with terms like "freaktard" and "giving me a wettie" clumsying up the dialogue. Favorite bit is the reasoning behind the band's decision to turn to the occult for career assistance.
February 4, 2017
This is one of my guilty pleasure movies. I can't say this is a good movie because there are a lot of things in it that don't quite work, and its satirical edges start to wear off toward the third act. But thanks to Diablo Cody's witty dialogue and Megan Fox's solid performance, "Jennifer's Body" manages to rise above the sea of mediocre horror comedies. It is oddly empowering and emotionally engaging, and I like the way it satirizes the conventional horror tropes with a little twist. I always have a good time watching this film.
½ February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 31, 2017
Quite entertaining, but the tone of the movie can't quite decide on whether it should be scary or funny. That weighs down the entire film.
½ January 14, 2017
Nothing new to see here, but a solid enough horror, although it needed to be a bit more horrific!
December 18, 2016
funny, awesome. brutal and fucking hot
½ November 8, 2016
Bad film with very beautiful Megan Fox.
September 9, 2016
though i heard it was terribly disappointing, i still want to see it, you know why.
½ July 12, 2016
"Jennifer's Body" has it's moments and is not a bad popcorn flick but it's never really clever or entertaining as it tries to be.
June 11, 2016
megan fox delivers in what I have got to say one of my favorite movies of all time
½ May 15, 2016
At first I was surprised that this movie had such a low rating but then on skimming the top critics briefly discovered one of the main 'flaws' of the movie is that there is not enough female nudity. haha whoah sometimes chauvinism seems like a parody of itself.... anyway this is a really funny movie but it is possible that it is a film of its time. e.g. the 'emo kid' gets a crush on amanda seyfried's character the day after she has experienced a tragic event and then gets a crush on megan fox's character as soon as she is looking ill and vampiric, having not eaten tortured humans recently. I hadn't expected this film to be so funny so maybe I'm rating it higher than I should but regardless, I rate it highly.
April 24, 2016
Oscar-winning screenwriter Diablo Cody's acidic witticism is all wasted on this frivolous teenage slasher horror comedy about (literally) a high-school man-eater.
½ April 17, 2016
Watching this when it came out, I thought that it was an annoying, unfunny, unscary movie. Watching it six and a half years later, I see it for the smart, sharply written, subversive, and interesting female movie that it is, complete with engaging character dynamics and some touching moments.
March 22, 2016
The film doesn't know whether to be funny or scary and oftentimes comes across as more awkward than either. There will be instances, such as whenever J.K. Simmons shows up with a hook hand and a bad wig, when it feels like a complete farce. But then it takes itself completely seriously a few scenes later and actually tries to scare you with some truly terrible CGI. Megan Fox and Amanda Seyfried both handle their respective roles very well. Fox was an especially pleasant surprise - managing to convey the right balance of vulnerability and raging bloodlust. Unfortunately, it's not enough to save the movie. This is ultimately a major disappointment after Diablo Cody's previous great effort: Juno
Who'd like it? Only die-hard fans of Fox or Seyfried. Otherwise, give it a skip.